Asthma is one of the most common health problem around world. In India almost 15-20% population is suffering from some kind of Bronchial asthma and mostly are in mild state. Common cause is allergy to external object like dust, pollution, pollen and variation in temperature. No of patients of asthma has been increased in India in recent years. It is a condition in which the patient has repeated attacks of wheezing, which usually clear up completely with medical treatment. Asthma can be developed an any age in life but most commonly it develops in childhood. Allergic asthma can go away itself after some time period but it can also come back.
Asthma means twitchy airways! These narrowed airways may lead to coughing, wheezing, chest tightness and shortness of breath, symptoms often being worse at night. According to Ayurveda, the asthma treated effectively if treated in early stage but if it becomes chronic, it can only be managed. It is not the drug alone that can give relief from asthma but regulation of diet and the change of conceptual thinking can also play a great role. Along with proper medication and control over eating and living, asthmatics can get better and quick results.
Common symptoms of asthma
Coughing is most common symptom, coughing from asthma often is worse at night or early in the morning, making it hard to sleep.
Wheezing is a whistling or squeaky sound that occurs when you breathe.
This may feel like something is squeezing or sitting on your chest.
Some people who have asthma say they can’t catch their breath or they feel out of breath. You may feel like you can’t get air out of your lungs.
Common triggers of Asthma
- Sudden change in weather(temperature) is most common trigger.
- First attack of asthma usually start with a lung infection.
- Subsequent attacks are brought by similar infections even by ordinary cold.
- Allergies can also cause asthma attacks, even allergy of drug.
- Exercises, emotion, trauma can also cause asthma.
Ayurvedic Medicines to Treat Asthma
- Broncap Capsule is one of the best Ayurvedic medicine for Bronchial Asthma, Allergic Bronchitis, Bronchiectasis, Whooping Cough, Dry & Wet Cough, Eosinophilia, Laryngitis and in Allergic Rhinitis as an adjuvant, Flu, common cold, Phlegm congestion in the lungs. Dosage1-2 Capsules thrice daily depending on the intensity, morning dose is preferable in the early hours before 7.00 AM or as directed by the physician.
- Spasma Syrup reduces the frequency, severity and duration of asthmatic attacks. It reduces the inflammation and Constriction of the bronchi and thereby helps in easy breathing (exhalation) for asthma patients. See here dosage, ingredients and other information of Spasma.
- Zeal Herbal Granules is an ideal combination of select herbs known for its beneficiary properties as an anti-viral, anti-bacterial and also as animmunomodulator. Zeal Herbal Granules are one of the most effective formulation for treatment of bronchial asthma, cough, cold & soar throat associated with SWINE FLU infection, it clears infections of respiratory tract because of SWINE FLU.
- Sitopaladi churna reduces pharyngeal and chest congestion by stimulating melting of thickened mucous in airways. Take 3 gm daily 2-3 times with honey.
- Bharangi guda is useful in treatment of respiratory infection, bronchial asthma and disorders of respiratory system. You can find more details Bharangi Guda Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage
- Kanakasav(Kanak-asav) is ayurvedic medicine for breathing troubles, asthma, dry chronic cough, Chronic fevers, Rakta-pitta disorders (Epistaxis). Take 2-4 teaspoonful twice a day with equal quantity of water after meals or as advised by the Medical practitioner.
- Kantakari Avaleha is good medicine for treating asthma. Avaleha contain medicinal herbs extracts in sugar, honey and ghee. So these become palatable and can be taken even by kids for asthma treatment.
- Vasarishta(Vas-arishta) is arishta in ayurveda that is used for condition of cold, cough, asthma, and other chest related problems. Take 15 to 30 ml with equal quantity of water.
- Agastya Rasayana is Ayurvedic medicine which strengthens respiratory system and used to treat respiratory infections and allergies. Take 6 gm – 12 gm before meals with warm water or milk.
- Talisadi churna is very good medicine for allergic chronic bronchitis as it reduces frequency of asthmatic attacks. Take 1 to 4 gms to be taken twice a day before meals with honey.