Homeopathic medicine Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture is indicated in renal calculi (also known as a renal calculus or nephrolith). Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture is used to dissolve and remove kidney stones. It gives relief in acute symptoms of kidney stones.
Table of Contents
- 1 Berberis Vulgaris Remedy is given in case
- 2 ACTIVE INGREDIENT
- 3 What are the renal calculi?
- 4 Symptoms of Kidney stone
- 5 Complications of kidney stones
- 6 Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Uses
- 7 Benefits of Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture
- 8 Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Dosage
Berberis Vulgaris is a shrub found in Europe and North Asia and naturalized in North America. The major constituents of Berberis Vulgaris are isoquinoline alkaloids, principally berberine, occurring at a concentration up to 4.5%. Other major alkaloids include oxyacanthine (0.04%), berbamine (0.6–1.2%), columbamine (0.3%), jatrorrhizine (0.4%) and magnoflorine (2.1%).
Berberis Vulgaris has strong astringent and healing properties. It has a strong affinity with the urinary and digestive systems and is used mainly in the treatment of kidney disorders.
Berberis Vulgaris Remedy is given in case
- Dark yellow Urine with a reddish, bran-like sediment
- Infection in the Kidney with tenderness and pain in the kidney area
- Kidney stones with severe, sharp, neuralgic, or colicky pain radiating from the kidneys to the bladder and down the legs
- Symptoms better when in rest, lying on the painful side
- Symptoms are worse by standing or movement.
Berberis vulgaris 1X
Ethyl alcohol, Water
Relieves pain due to kidney stones
What are the renal calculi?
Renal calculi or kidney stone is a condition in which a solid piece of material forms in the kidney. It may be as small as a grain of sand or as large as a pearl.
A small kidney stone generally passes through the urinary tract on its own, causing little or no pain. A larger kidney stone may get stuck along the way. A kidney stone that gets stuck can block your flow of urine, causing severe pain or bleeding.
Symptoms of Kidney stone
- Blood in urine
- burning feeling on urinating
- Extreme pain in back or side that does not go away
- Fever and chills
- Urine that smells bad or looks cloudy
Complications of kidney stones
If kidney stones are not treated, they can cause:
- Hematuria, or blood in the urine
- Severe pain
- UTIs, including kidney infections
- Loss of kidney function
A kidney stone is diagnosed with urine, blood, and imaging tests. Treatment for kidney stones usually depends on their size, location, and what they are made of.
Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Uses
Berberis Vulgaris is a homeopathic medicine for the treatment of renal calculi. There are many other medicines available and the selection of medicine for a particular case depends on symptoms presented by the patient.
- Kidney disorders
- Lower-back pain
- Gallbladder problems
- Joint pain
Benefits of Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture
Relieves pain due to kidney stones
Helps in diarrhea and constipation associated with renal calculi
Reduces bubbling sensation and stitching pain all around body and leg
Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Dosage
Adult or child
Five drops in 3 teaspoons of water, leaving a gap of 30 minutes from any food. Repeat every 2 hours until symptoms subside and 3 times daily for 3 days thereafter.
Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Warnings
- Consult your doctor if symptoms persist or worsen.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help.