Spasma Syrup is proprietary medicine which provides relief from bronchial asthma and improves the quality of life of patients. Spasma is a natural bronchodilator, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulation. The major ingredient Vasa(Adhatoda vasica) exerts anti-inflammatory activity equivalent to that of hydrocortisone and offers a potent anti-allergic activity. Turmeric(Curcuma) longa has anti-histaminic/ anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory property. Kantakari ( Solanum xanthocarpum) exerts bronchodilator activity equivalent to that of deriphylline. Ammonium chloride and Solanum xanthocarpum have expectorant property. Thus, SPASMA exerts anti-inflammatory, bronchodilatory and antihistaminic action to reduce severity, frequency and duration of asthmatic attacks.
Condition in which Spasma is indicated
Bronchial asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema, Whooping cough, Pulmonary manifestations of tropical cosinophilia.
Benefits of Spasma
- Reduces the frequency, severity and duration of asthmatic attacks
- It reduces the inflammation and Constriction of the bronchi and thereby helps in easy breathing (exhalation) for asthma patients.
- It clears the airway by promoting expectoration of viscid sputum and thereby improves both inhalation and exhalation.
- No known drug interactions
- Improves quality of life of asthmatics
- Navasar(Ammonium chloride) 10 mg
- Tankankhar shuddha 5 mg
- Apamargkshar(Achyranthes aspera) 10 mg. Well known herb for it’s medicinal properties, used in Ayurvedic and folk medicine across Asia and Africa. It is very useful to treat cough and related problems.
- Vasa(Adhatoda vasica) 250 mg
- Yashtimadhu(Glycyrrhiza glabra) 200 mg, It is commonly known as mulethi and liquorice and one of the widely used herb in Ayurvedic medicines. It is used as Ayurvedic remedy to treat Cold and Cough, Upper respiratory infections.
- Kantakari(Solanum xanthocarpum) 200 mg, This herb is used in the treatment of epilepsy, pain relieving, head ache, migraine, hair fall, bronchial asthma, skin problems, cough and other diseases. See here how you can use Kantkari to it get relief from cough.
- Gojivha(Elephantopus scaber) 100 mg
- Bharangi(Clerodendron serratum) 75 mg, It is useful in cough, breathlessness, wound, swelling, the liver problems and neurological disorders. The decoction prepared from its leaves has bronchodilator activities.
- Turmeric(Curcuma longa) powder 75 mg, Turmeric is anti aging, anti oxidant, anti inflammatory, and anti bacterial. It very effective for arthritis pain, improvement of the liver function, lowering cholesterol, mouth ulcers, cold, cough, fever, swelling and as fairness treatment medicine.
- Somlata(Ephedra gerardiana) 75 mg
- Tulsi(Ocimum sanctum) 75 mg, Tulsi is used in condition of cough, indigestion, respiratory tract infections and digestive problems.
- Jatamansi(Nardostachys jatamansi) 50 mg
- Bibhitaki(Terminalia belerica) 25 mg, In aggravation of Kapha in the body, the oral intake of bahera helps to clear kapha due to the astringent and expectorant action. It is an excellent remedy for catarrhal condition, congestion, cough, bronchitis, asthma, and sore throats.
- Dhattura(Datura metel) 25 mg, Dhatura leaves have antitumor, anti-rheumatic and anti-inflammatory properties. Its flowers are anti-asthmatic. The leaves, seeds and root are anti- catarrhal, febrifuge, anti-diarrheal, anti-dermatosis
- Karkatshringi(Pistacia integerrima) 25 mg
- Kapurkachri(Hedychium spicatum) 15 mg
- Maricha(Piper nigrum) 15 mg, It is communally known as Black Pepper and one of the most valuable herbs in Ayurvedic medicine system and other medicine system. This is effective alone to treat various types of cough and other health problems.
- Pippali(Piper longum) 15 mg, It is commonly known as all spice and used to treat various illness including cold and cough. Long pepper is antioxidant, decongestant, carminative, expectorant, warming, analgesic, and detoxifier.
- Talispatra(Abies webbiana) 15 mg
- Flavoured syrupy base q.s
Dosage & administration
Adults: 10 to 15 ml thrice a day.Children: 5 ml thrice a day.
Take following precautions while using this medicine.
- Consumption of wheat barley and garlic is recommended.
- Consumption of grapes, pulses like Horse gram are recommended.
- Consumption of honey is recommended.
- Day time sleeping is preferred for patients of Bronchial asthma.
- Avoid curd and buttermilk.
- Avoid banana, guava and sour fruits.
- Avoid fried and oily food recipes.
- Avoid smoking.
- Reduce intake of excess tea and coffee.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Avoid exposure to rain and severe cold and wind.
- Avoid indulgence in hard exercises.
- Avoid food recipes, which are heavy to digest, or which causes constipation.