Table of Contents
SBL’s Homeodent Toothpaste is mainly prepared by a combination of natural homeopathic remedies which helps to have white and healthy teeth. It is a very good toothpaste which prevents cavities. It helps to have white teeth.
If a patient has any trouble related to gums and teeth, he must brush and massage gums with SBL Homeodent Tooth Paste 2 to 3 times.
- Brand/Manufacturer: SBL
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Oral Care
- Price of Homeodent Toothpaste: Rs 55
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
- Presentation: It consists tube of 100gms available in flavors of saunf. It is also known as aniseed and mint. It is also available in gel form.
Homeodent Toothpaste Composition
SBL Homeodent Tooth Paste (Saunf flavor) contains:
Calendula Officinalis – It has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-hemorrhagic properties. It acts as hemostatic after tooth extraction, as it prevents blood after extraction. It is given to a person who has a tendency to take cold very easily especially in damp weather It has antifungal activity. It helps in wound healing. Mouth rinsing with calendula will have anti-inflammatory properties to work against the swollen, irritated gums. It has antibacterial properties.
Cochlearia Armoracia – It helps in the healthy stimulation of gums. It is often used as a gargle in inflammatory gums. It is also useful in sore throat. It is given to a patient who has anxiety to an extent that causes despair. Thinking is difficult inpatient. It is given when a patient has pain in teeth with a feeling as if teeth were too soft and loose during chewing of food.
Plantago Major – It has an anti-inflammatory effect. It is very useful for toothache It can cure sharp pain in the eyes which occurs as a result of decayed teeth or pain in the inner ear. This remedy is very useful in cases where the patient has pain in the ears and in the teeth. It is a very good remedy for pyorrhea alveolaris. The patient has pain that goes from one ear to the other through the head. It is given when a patient has pain in the teeth along with sensitivity. Teeth are sore to touch. The patient complains of swelling of the cheeks. The patient has increase salivation with a feeling as if the teeth are too long. Pain in teeth is worse from cold air and touch. A peculiar symptom of this remedy is that patient feels better while eating. Pain in teeth is seen along with pain in eyelids.
Phytolacca Decandra – It has an anti-inflammatory effect. It is important to remedy for teething children who have an irresistible desire to bite the teeth together. The child has a habit of clenching the teeth, with lower lip drawn down, lips everted, jaws firmly set, chin drawn down on the chest. The tongue of the child is red and feels rough and scalded. At times bleeding from the mouth is seen. The tongue often has imprints of teeth, fissured with a yellow patch down the center.
Potassium Chlorate – It acts as an antiseptic in toothpaste.
Sodium Flouride – It helps in the formation of dental enamel and causes remineralization of teeth and hence helps to prevent tooth decay. It prevents cavities formation and fights plaque.
Sodium Benzoate– It prevents the build-up of micro-organisms in the toothpaste.
Hamamelis virginica-It is acted as an agent which prevents hemorrhages with bruised soreness of the parts.
Aniseed Oil (saunf)- It acts as a mouth freshener. It also relieves gum disease or toothache. It cures bad taste in the mouth. It is also useful in gum troubles.
Calcium Carbonate– It acts as a mild abrasive which helps to safely remove plaque when brushing and gently polishes away surface stains.
Sorbitol– It is a sugar alcohol used in food products. It is used in toothpaste for sweetening. It helps to retain moisture and prevent the toothpaste from hardening on exposure to air.
Homeodent Toothpaste Benefits
- It helps in controlling any kind of inflammation in the gums.
- It controls various kinds of infectious agents which can cause caries and gum diseases.
- It helps to prevent the accumulation of tartar (it is hard calcified yellow deposits on teeth).
- It fights bad breath.
- It improves the condition of gums.
- It reduces bleeding, so it acts as an anti-hemorrhagic.
- It is very useful for treating any gum or teeth disease. In children who eat more sweets, it is a natural toothpaste that works very well in the prevention of growth of micro-organism causing damage to teeth.
- It acts as a pain reliever. Any kind of unbearable pain in teeth can be relieved by brushing with Homeodent toothpaste.
- It helps to stop the growth of bacteria in the teeth and prevents any infection.
- It is very good to whiten yellow discoloration of teeth and helps to relieve frequent toothache occurring as a result of recurrent infection.
- It also provides natural minerals to the teeth for their proper development.
- As one of the main ingredients of this toothpaste is calcium, it helps in making the teeth strong.
- It does not produce any side effects and helps to prevent any disease of the teeth within a short period of time.
- It is highly recommended for a patient who suffers from diseases like gingivitis, bad breath, inflammation of gums, recurrent tooth infection.
- This a natural product as it is free from any artificial color or flavors.
- It helps in providing lost-lasting freshness of breath.
Homeodent Toothpaste Important Therapeutic Uses
Homeodent Toothpaste Prevents caries and formation of tartar, fights halitosis (bad breath), significantly improves the condition of gums, reduces bleeding, acts as antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.
- Unhealthy and bleeding gums.
- Inflammation of gums.
- The sensitivity of teeth to cold and warm drinks.
- Bad breath.
- For problems of caries.
Homeodent Toothpaste Direction for usage
If the patient has any trouble related to gums and teeth, he must brush and massage gums with SBL Homeodent Tooth Paste 2 to 3 times.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe.