Table of Contents
- 1 What are the other names of hemorrhoids?
- 2 What are hemorrhoids?
- 3 What causes hemorrhoids?
- 4 Symptoms of Piles
- 5 Diagnosis of Piles
- 6 Treatment of Piles
- 7 Ayurvedic Medicines for Piles
- 8 Homeopathic Medicines for Piles
- 9 Piles Ointments and Creams
- 10 Useful Tips in Piles Home Remedies for Piles
Piles are also known as Hemorrhoids or Bawaseer, it is inflammation of the veins around the anus or lower rectum. It is called Arsh in Ayurveda. This is a common problem seen nowadays. In this, the veins of the rectum and anus swell and pain occurs due to rubbing and bleeding can also occur.
Hemorrhoids are very common in both men and women. The most common symptom of hemorrhoids inside the anus is bright red blood covering the stool. Symptoms usually go away within a few days. Painful hemorrhoids usually stop hurting on their own in 1 to 2 weeks. For problems causing chronic pile one should consult a doctor. A doctor may recommend lifestyle change and surgery if needed. Rubber band ligation or hemorrhoidectomy (surgical removal of hemorrhoid) may be needed if internal hemorrhoids are prolapsed or very large.
Groups of tissue are found in the rectum called hemorrhoids in English. Hemorrhoids are blood vessels, supporting tissues, and fibers. The hemorrhoids in piles increase in size and cause pain. In common language, it is called piles warts. These warts can be one or more. Piles can be internal, external and mixed depending on the location.
Warts in the inner piles lie in the inner lining of the anus and the lower rectum, while warts in the outer piles are near the anus. Warts in a compound are both inside and outside.
Bleeding may or may not occur in external or internal piles. On this basis, it is called bloody piles or blind piles. Blood falls from time to time in bloody piles. Blood does not fall in blind piles but it hurts a lot.
Hemorrhoids often occur after the age of fifty, in pregnancy, from sitting or standing for long periods of time, or from the weakness of body tissues. This can be due to mental stress, stool, and urine, too much stress while stooling. Piles are difficult to treat and it is more likely to occur again and again. Therefore, the reasons for its occurrence should be identified and corrected.
What are the other names of hemorrhoids?
Piles are known by other names:
- Arsha, Arshah
- Piles Bawaseer / Bawasir
- Piles of warts
What are hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the lowest part of your rectum and anus. These hemorrhoids are present inside the mucous membrane. But when someone says he has hemorrhoids, it means he has piles. Because this normally present hemorrhoids swell in them, causing lumps or warts. It can happen to both men and women.
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the anus or lower rectum. They occur either inside the anus or under the skin around the anus. It is more likely to occur in people who suffer from constipation for a long time. Daily hard rubbing of the stool piles over time.
Depending on the place, there are two types:
1- Internal Piles (Piles in lower rectum)
Internal piles or internal hemorrhoids that are inside the rectum. It does not cause much pain but bleeding. When its size increases inside, it can also come out of the anus. Problems increase outside the anus. It is itchy and itching can cause sores.
2- External Piles (Piles around the anus)
External piles or external hemorrhoids that surround the anus. Having external hemorrhoids makes the person feel uncomfortable as the skin keeps rubbing and peeling. If a blood clot forms inside the external hemorrhoids, the pain can be sudden and severe. Touching the person feels a lump around the anus. When the clot swells there is enlarged skin (skin tag), but itching or burning may occur.
What causes hemorrhoids?
In hemorrhoids, the blood vessels around the rectum are pulled out and swollen. These swollen veins are hemorrhoids or warts. It is mainly caused by constipation and stomach disease. Constant constipation can cause a wound in the rectum, and laxatives are eaten to get relief from constipation weakens the rectum walls. All these veins swell and the mucous membrane fills with blood.
Experts don’t really know the obvious reasons for having hemorrhoids. Traditionally, hemorrhoids are associated with chronic constipation, tension during bowel movements, and prolonged sitting on the toilet. Hemorrhoids are common during pregnancy, as the growing uterus suppresses the veins at that time and is also constipated.
There are several reasons for hemorrhoids, such as:
Chronic constipation. In constipation, the stool becomes stiff and it is very hard to pass it, which causes the lining of the anus to peel off. Piles can occur due to frequent occurrence.
- Repeatedly taking laxative
- Eating more spicy food
- Not exercising
- Eat more junk food
- Sleepless at night
- Continuous sitting
- Liver failure
- Stress during defecation
- Sitting in the toilet for a long time
- Prolonged diarrhea
- Age fifty or greater
- Heavy weight lifting
Symptoms of Piles
The most prominent symptom of hemorrhoids is pain during defecation.
In internal hemorrhoids blood goes from the anus, warts can come out and there is pain. The amount of blood can be less, more or no at all. In a few weeks, the blood does not come and then starts falling. Due to weakness in the body, internal warts come out. There is an increased risk of infection in these warts.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids include:
- Warts around the anus
- Amputation during stool
- Get constipated
- Pain during defecation
- Anal burning
- Itching in the anus
- Unclean stomach
Diagnosis of Piles
How are hemorrhoids diagnosed?
Hemorrhoids can usually be diagnosed by medical history and physical examination. External hemorrhoids are usually obvious.
- A digital rectal examination can be done in Piles.
- The anal canal can be examined with an anoscope. Anoscope is a small plastic tube with a light inserted into the anus.
- Colonoscope colonoscope may also be performed.
Treatment of Piles
For the treatment of hemorrhoids, you should make the necessary changes in your lifestyle and food at home.
- Eat food that is high in fiber. High fiber foods include broccoli, beans, wheat, and oat bran, whole-grain foods, and fresh fruits.
- For constipation, you can take any supplement of fiber such as isabgol husk.
- Drink plenty of water and liquid.
- Do not force during defecation. Do not sit on the toilet seat for too long.
- Sitting in a tub of hot water.
- Do not eat cheese, chips, fast food, ice cream, mater, frozen food, and processed food.
Eat more fruits and vegetables and salad.
In some people, a sudden increase in fiber leads to bloating or gas. Gradually increase the amount of fiber and increase it to 25-30 grams of fiber per day. Also, increase your fluid intake.
Exercise daily. Walk briskly for 20-30 minutes daily. Aerobic exercise can stimulate visceral functions.
Sitting in a Sitz bath can relieve itching, burning, and muscle spasms. Most experts recommend two or three, 20-minute sitz baths every day in addition to bowel movements. Do not scrub the anus after bathing. If possible, use a hairdryer.
In most cases, some of the symptoms of piles are relaxed. Some ointments and creams are available for this, which can be applied. Over-the-counter hemorrhoids creams containing local anesthesia may temporarily reduce pain. Suppositories containing creams and hydrocortisone are also effective, but, they should not be used for more than a week at a time. Because it can cause skin atrophy.
Applying an ice pack can relieve swelling and pain. Sit on the cushion instead of the hard surface.
Removing constipation in first and second-degree piles is beneficial. If these domestic changes do not help and Pile’s problem is more, then doctors can ask for surgery.
Surgical procedure for the treatment of hemorrhoids
Some hemorrhoids cannot be cured with home remedies alone, because symptoms persist or internal hemorrhoids have become prolapsed. There are some less painful options available than traditional hemorrhoidectomy, which can be performed as an outpatient surgery in a surgeon’s office or in a hospital. The warts are either removed or tied up by surgery.
Rubber band ligation
In the rubber band ligation, a small elastic band is applied to the wart so that it shrinks and the surrounding tissue begins to heal. After 2–4 such procedures. Which are done on a gap of one and a half to two months, heals the pile’s warts.
Other methods used to remove warts: infrared coagulation, sclerotherapy, and cryosurgery.
Hemorrhoidectomy if there is a large pileus wart
Is performed. In this, an incision is made both inside and outside and removes the tissue and blood vessels. This procedure treats piles in 95% of cases and is done by giving general anesthesia. There is some pain after this procedure.
The surgeon anchors the hemorrhoids in a normal position by a staple device. Like traditional hemorrhoids removal, stapled hemorrhoidopexy is also performed by giving general anesthesia. But it is less painful and has a quicker recovery.
If the causes of piles are not removed, then after surgery, you may get warts again. Surgery is fine only if the causes are removed or the wart size is too large and cannot be cured.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Piles
Both classical and patented medications are available for hemorrhoids.
Classical Ayurvedic Medicines for Piles
Patented Medicine for Piles
- Baidyanath Pirrhoids
- Bhardwaj Pharmaceutical Works Pailovin
- Dabur Pilochek Tablet and Gel
- Divya Arshkalp Vati
- Green Remedies Ayurvedic Medicine Division Piles – Off
- Hashmi Pilepsole Capsules
- Herbal Hills Arsohills Piles Support Tablets
- Himalaya Pilex
- Jolly Vaseir Anti Piles Capsules
- Kottakkal Ayurveda Pilocid Tablet
- Piles Cure Kudos Piles Cure
- Pile of Planet Ayurveda Pile Off Capsules
- Riddhi Healthcare P Go Tablet
- Pilowin sharangdhar pylowin
- Technopharm Private Limited Tecpiles
- VaidRishi Arsh Kalp Tablets and Gel
- Welex AyuRhoids For Piles
Homeopathic Medicines for Piles
- Allen A26 Homeopathy Drops
- Bakson pilgo
- BBP Pilorin Tablets
- BHP Haemor Rid Syrup for Piles
- Reckeweg Biochemic Combination Tablets BC 17 for Piles
- Reckeweg R13 Hemorrhoidal (Piles) drops
- SBL FP Tabs Tablets, FP Ointment
- SBL Homeopathy Bio-Combination 17 PILES
- Schwabe Aesculus Pentarkan drops for symptoms of varicose veins and piles
- Wheezal WL 28 Homeopathic Piles Drops
Piles Ointments and Creams
- Anovate Cream Beclomethasone Dipropionate Hemorrhoids & Piles
- Dhootapapeshwar ARSHA HITA Ointment
- Himalaya Drug Company Pilex Ointment
- Uniroyal Herbals Pylno
Useful Tips in Piles Home Remedies for Piles
- Take out one cup of radish juice. Mix one spoon of desi ghee and drink it. Do this good and evening.
- Do not eat spicy, junk food, maida, heavy food.
- Do not let constipation happen. Drink powdered salt mixed with whey.
- Eat Jimikand, Bathua, amaranthus, vegetable raw papaya eat.
- Squeeze a lemon in a cup of cow’s milk and drink immediately.
- Include papaya and radish in the diet.
- Drink radish juice.
- Drink Indian Gooseberry Juice of Amla juice or take half a teaspoon of Amla powder.
- Constipation is cured by eating dry grapes 5 in milk and drinking this milk.
- Eat raisins, figs. Soak figs Anjeer or Dried Figs in Piles 3-4 in water at night. Drink this water in the morning and eat figs.
Do not consume constipation food. Non-vegetarian, poultry, sugar, sweets, maida, tea – don’t take coffee.
Piles or Hemorrhoids are swollen, inflamed veins around the anus or inside the lower rectum. They can occur due to straining to have a bowel movement, pregnancy, aging, and chronic constipation or diarrhea.
Internal hemorrhoids involve the veins inside the rectum. They may bleed painlessly.
Prolapsed hemorrhoids may stretch down until they bulge outside anus. A prolapsed hemorrhoid may go back inside the rectum on its own, or can gently push it back inside.
External hemorrhoids involve the veins outside the anus. They can be itchy or painful and can sometimes crack and bleed.