Table of Contents
- 1 Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules Composition
- 2 Know the Ingredients of Himalaya AyurSlim
- 3 Biomedical Action of Himalaya ArurSlim
- 4 Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules Health Benefits
- 5 Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules Therapeutic Uses
- 6 Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
Himalaya AyurSlim is an herbal formulation based on Ayurvedic principles and indicated in obesity. It contains Garcinia, Gymnema, Indian Bdellium, Chebulic Myrobalan and Fenugreek seeds. It helps in weight reduction by suppressing food craving and controlling the appetite. Intake of AyurSlim Capsules with regular exercise and a proper diet can give good results.
Himalaya AyurSlim should not be taken by children, pregnant, breastfeeding mothers and those women who are trying for baby. Diabetic person should take it cautiously.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: The Himalaya Drug Company
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Weight Loss
- Active Ingredients: Garcinia, Gymnema / Chebulic Myrobalan, Fenugreek
- Presentation: 60 capsules
- MRP/Price: INR 225.00
Body Mass Index (BMI)
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a person’s weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters. BMI can be used as a screening tool but is not diagnostic of the body fatness or health of an individual. A high BMI can be an indicator of high body fatness.
- Underweight = <18.5
- Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
- Overweight = 25-29.9
- Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
BMI is calculated by dividing weight in kilograms by height in meters squared. A BMI of 25-30 means person is overweight. A BMI of 30 or more means person is obese. For normal weight, the BMI should be 18.5–24.9. BMI equal to or lesser than 18.5 indicates person is underweight.
A person should try to maintain his or her BMI above 18 but below 25.
Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
- Vriksh amla Garcinia cambogia 300mg
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula 10mg
- Methika Fenugreek 10mg
- Meshashringi Gymnema syvestre 10mg
- Pdr. / Powder of Purified Guggulu 70mg
Know the Ingredients of Himalaya AyurSlim
Garcinia Caimbogia or Malabar tamarind fruit, is used extensively for culinary purposes in Southern India. It is the main source of naturally- occurring Hydroxycitric Acid, HCA (similar to citric acid but wih different properties). HCA possesses several actions useful in helping to control body weight. It is used to reduce the appetite, purgatives in the treatment of intestinal worms and other parasites, tumors, dysentery and bilious digestive conditions.
Garcinia cambogia, is Hypocholesterolemic and Hypotriglyceridemic. It helps in Constipation, Dyspepsia, High Cholesterol, High Triglycerides and Obesity.
Garcinia is used in weight loss programs. It lowers the appetite and slows down the body’s ability to store fat. It enables more fat from foods to pass through the body without being stored.
Garcinia cambogia may be particularly effective when higher amounts of carbohydrates are eaten, as HCA appears to divert carbohydrates away from being converted into fat and instead favor formation of glycogen. When more glycogen is stored in the liver and muscles as a ready source of energy it may signal the brain that the body is full. This may curb appetite and food intake. Recent studies on animals show HCA may also work by increasing release and availability of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a key neurotransmitter involved in mood regulation, sleep, and appetite control.
Garcinia cambogia extract is contraindicated in diabetic patients, subjects with Alzheimer’s syndrome or any other dementia syndromes, and in pregnant and lactating women.
Also Read: Kokum(Garcinia Indica) Medicinal Uses
Guggul reduces Kapha and Vata but increases Pitta. As it increases acidity and hence people already suffering from peptic ulcer, hyperacidity, bleeding disorders, heavy bleeding during periods etc. should take Guggul cautiously.
Guggul may cause stomach discomfort or allergic rash. Also, sour foods, alcohol, and heavy exercise is not recommended while taking Guggul.
Caution is required while taking guggul in coagulation disorder, thyroid problem, and with antiplatelet (warfarin, enoxaparin, heparin, aspirin, dipyridamole, clopidogrel) medicines.
Guggul has anti-inflammatory, weight reducing and heating effects and it is strongly suggested not to use guggul during pregnancy. It exhibits cervix, uterus and ovary size reducing properties. It is contraindicated in acute kidney infections, excessive uterine bleeding, hyperthyroidism, pregnancy and breast-feeding. Guggul should be avoided in children. It shows anti-fertility effects and should be taken cautiously by women wishing for pregnancy.
In few people, Guggul may cause gastrointestinal symptoms, headaches, skin rash etc. In case, any of the adverse effect it is better to avoid guggul.
It is important to mention here, Guggul is Cholesterol reducing, platelet reducing (anticoagulants/antiplatelet), immune stimulant, emmenagogue and swelling reducing. The recommended dosage of guggul is 3-9g per day in a decoction and250mg–3g per day pills.
Haritaki (also known as Chebulic myrobalan, Terminalia chebula, Indian Bdellium) consists of the pericarp of mature fruits of Terminalia chebula Retz. (Fam. Combretaceae), a moderate sized or large tree found throughout India, chiefly in deciduous forests and areas of light rainfall. Its synonym in Sanskrit are Abhaya, Kayastha, Shiva, Pathya and Vijaya. The main constituent of Haritaki is Tannins, anthraquinones and polyphenolic compounds.
It is a tonic drug and is good for digestive system. The main therapeutic use of Haritaki is digestive and respiratory ailments. It has all taste except salty (rasa), light (Laghu), rough or dry (ruksa) in properties (Guna), hot (Ushna) is potency (Virya) and pungent (Katu) Vipaka. It balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha. It works on all body tissues. It is a tonic with anti-inflammatory, laxative, astringent, diuretic, carminative, and anthelmintic properties. Haritaki treats intestinal parasites, constipation, diarrhea, gas, cough and diseases of eyes.
It is one of the best sources of tannin (over 30%) water-soluble polyphenols. Haritaki improves digestion, assimilation, and reduces the body fat. It detoxifies body and improves metabolism.
Chebulic Myrobalan is contraindicated in acute coughs, acute diarrhea, and early stage dysentery.
Gymnema or Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre, family Asclepiadaceae), is a woody climber found in central and peninsular India. It is one of the main herb used in Ayurveda to treat diabetes due to its hypoglycemic activities. For medicinal purpose roots and leaves of plant are used. The chewing of leaf lowers cholesterol, triglycerides, lipid and blood sugar level. Gudmar controls the sugar level as it increases insulin secretion, regenerates islet cells, increases utilization of glucose, and inhibits absorption of sugar from intestine.
Gudmar is bitter, acrid, anodyne, anthelmintic, antipyretic, astringent, cardiotonic, digestive, diuretic, emetic, expectorant, laxative, stimulant, stomachic, uterine tonic. It used in Ayurveda for treating amenorrhea, asthma, bronchitis, cardiopathy, conjunctivitis, constipation, cough, dyspepsia, piles, hemorrhoids, hepatosplenomegaly, inflammations, intermittent fever, jaundice and diabetes.
Gymnema leaves contain ingredients that reduce the intestinal absorption of glucose, stimulate the pancreas to increase insulin production and decrease sugar cravings. It also neutralizes any excess sugar present in the body.
Gymnema may increase effect of insulin. It may lower blood sugar levels, so caution is advised when one is also taking prescription for lowering blood sugar.
Also Read: Medicinal Plant Gudmar(Gymnema) Details
Fenugreek function as an appetite suppressant and give a feeling of satiety more quickly.
Fenugreek is contraindicated in pregnancy due to its oxytoxic and uterine stimulant actions.
Biomedical Action of Himalaya ArurSlim
- Anti-hyperglycemic: Counteracting high levels of glucose in the blood.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Anti-obesity: Reduces obesity.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Hypocholesterolemic: Lowers levels of cholesterol in the blood.
- Hypoglycemic: Reducing level of the sugar glucose in the blood.
- Hypotriglyceridemic: Lowers levels of triglycerides in the blood.
- Laxative: Stimulate or facilitate evacuation of the bowels.
Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules Health Benefits
- It is totally safe and effective natural slimming formulation.
- It reduces the craving and appetite.
- It supports healthy metabolism.
- It helps to breakdown the body fat.
- It reduces cholesterol and triglycerides level.
- It helps in detoxification.
- It has antioxidant effects.
Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules Therapeutic Uses
Ayur slim Capsules is effective lipid regulator and helps to manage weight and remain healthy.
Ayur slim is indicated in obesity.
Dosage of Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 2 capsules.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening after meals.
- It is to be taken with lukewarm water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- No serious side effects have been reported with the use of Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules, if taken as per the prescribed dose.
- This medicine is need to be taken for 3-6 months for visible results.
- It is safe for long term use.
- Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules are contraindicated in pregnant women.
- AyurSlim Capsules are contraindicated in nursing women.
- It is also contraindicated in patients with a hypersensitivity to any ingredient present in AyurSlim capsules.
- Himalaya AyurSlim Capsules are contraindicated in patients with jaundice and kidney failure.
- Patients who are already suffering from problems like diabetes, heart problems and high blood pressure, should take AyurSlim Capsules under medical supervision ONLY.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Measure your weight before starting the treatment and after the gap of 1-2 months. If you see results, then continue the treatment.
- It may or may not work for you.
- It reduces the appetite.
- Not recommended for children.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Do regular exercise.
- Eat easily digestible food items like sprouts, Moong, Tuvar Dal, Masoor, etc. Drink plenty of water. Try drinking lukewarm water.
- Squeeze one lemon in one glass water, add honey and drink empty stomach in the morning.
- Eat lots of vegetables, salads, and fruits. Take mild herbal laxatives at night.
- Avoid starchy vegetates like potatoes, arvi etc. Do not eat sweets, sugar containing foods, ice creams, biscuits etc.
- Do not eat refined, fried, processed foods, pizza, burger, cheese, creams, chocolates, cakes, pastries and other similar high calories items.
- Do not drink cold water.
There are few who say Ayur slim is very effective in reducing the appetite and craving but there are many who says it does not work and weight could not be reduced.
In severely obese peoples, the weight reduction is more compared to overweight people.
Weight loss is directly proportional to initial weight.
There are no shortcuts for weight reduction. You need to make changes in your diet and lifestyle.
If you have any other health condition along with obesity, please do the research to find how each ingredient is going to affect it.
We are not endorsing any product for slimming. The only purpose is to give you right information based on the labeled ingredients.