Musli pak is Ayurvedic preparation containing Safed Musli, Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Kaunch, Akarkara, Vanshlochan and many other herbs that enhances sexual power. Musli can be said to be substitute for Viagra. It improves sperm count and also supports erection. It increases energy, stamina, immunity, vigor and overall health due to restorative and rejuvenative properties.
The main ingredient of this formulation is Safed Moosli. Musli is considered natural Viagra or Indian Ginseng. It is especially used as an aphrodisiac. Because of its popularity as a sex tonic its cultivation is done in number of regions around the world. As per Ayurveda, it is immunity booster, Vajikarak, Rasayan and a general health tonic. It mainly works on reproductive and respiratory system. It nourishes whole body and increases fertility of males by increasing sperm quantity and quality.
Musli pak is also used to cure weakness, low appetite, anemia and chronic fever. It helps to gain weight. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Synonyms: Moosli Paka, Musli Paka
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: General tonic for males, Boosting sexual performance
- Suitable for: Men, But can be taken by women also.
Ingredients of Musli Pak
- Safed Musli (Chlorophytum Borivilianum) 320 grams
- Go Ghrita 320 grams
- Sonth Dry Ginger 10 gram
- Kali Mirch Black Pepper 10 gram
- Pippali Long Pepper 10 gram
- Sthula Ela Greater Cardamom 10 gram
- Dalchini Cinnamon 10 gram
- Tejpata Bay Leaves 10 gram
- Shatavar 10 gram
- Chitrakmula 10 gram
- Gokhru 10 gram
- Ashwagandha 10 gram
- Haritaki 10 gram
- Lavang 10 gram
- Jaiphal 10 gram
- Javitri 10 gram
- Taalmakhana 10 gram
- Khareti Seeds 10 gram
- Kaunch Seeds 10 gram
- Semal Gond 10 gram
- Kamalgatta 10 gram
- Vanshalochan 10 gram
- Akarkara 10 gram
- Makardhwaj 10 gram
- Bang Bhasma 10 gram
About the Ingredients
The chief ingredient of Musli Pak is Safed Moosli. Safed musli is ‘Rasayan’ or adaptogen. It is useful in debility (general and sexual), diarrhea, leucorrhea, spermatorrhoea, wasting diseases. Animal research shows that it might increase sexual activity and might possibly have effects similar to testosterone. It is given to women during pregnancy and postpartum, for nourishing fetus and increasing breast milk flow.
The active constituents of the Musli include 27 alkaloids, vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, saponins, polysaccharides and steroids. It contains carbohydrates, fiber, alkaloids, saponins, and proteins. It is a rich source of over 25 alkaloids, vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, steroids, saponins, potassium, phenol, resins, mucilage, and polysaccharides and also contains high quantity of simple sugars, mainly sucrose, glucose, fructose, galactose, mannose and xylose.
Musli intake can increase Ama and congestion in body. Moosli is contraindicated in excess mucus, congestion, Kapha or Ama.
Trikatu is combination of dry ginger, black pepper and long pepper (Sonth + Pippali + Kali mirch). It is effective for burning Ama (metabolic waste and toxins) which is the prime cause of all disease. It supports better digestion and cures constipation. It stimulates the liver to secrete bile which is vital for fat digestion and absorption. It also balances Kapha. Trikatu is combination of spices and is hot in potency. Its excess intake can cause burning sensation.
In Ayurveda, Shatavari or Shatavar refers to roots of Asparagus racemosus. Shatavari contain a series of steroidal saponins, the shatavarins and others, based on sarsapogenin, diosgenin and arasapogenin. The polycyclic alkaloid asparagamine A, benzofurans such as racemofuran and racemosol, and the isoflavone 8-methoxy-5,6,4″-trihydroxyisoflavone 7-O-ß-D-glucopyranoside are also present. It improves overall health and body immunity. Shatavar is used to treat infertility in both sexes, to increase sexual vigour, for urinary and kidney diseases, strangury and retention of urine.
Gokhru, Gokhura, Gokshuru, Gochurak, Trikantaka (Sanskrit), Caltrops, Puncture vine (English), Nerunchi Mul (Siddha) all are synonyms of Tribulus terrestris (Fam. Zygophyllaceae). It is cooling, diuretic, tonic and aphrodisiac, Improves muscle building, stamina and endurance.
Gokhru is bitter, sweet in Taste/RASA, Cooling in Potency/VIRYA, Heavy and Unctuous in Quality/GUNA, and Sweet after Digestion/VIPAK. It mainly acts on Urinary, nerve, reproductive and respiratory system. It is Diuretic, lithotriptic, aphrodisiac, reproductive tonic, nervine, antispasmodic, anabolic and alterative. Gokhru contains Potassium nitrate, Tribuloside, Saponins, Aspartic and glutamic acids.
Gokshura is specific herb used for treating prostate problems, urinary retention or obstructed urinary flow. Gokhru should be taken cautiously with antipsychotic drugs as It increases the breaking down of the medication in the digestive system, thus reducing the effectiveness of the drug.
Kapikachhu or Kevanch or Kaunch refers to seeds of Mucuna pruriens. It is also known as Kapikacchu, Markati, Kewanch, Kaunch and Cowhage. The main constituent of Kaunch seeds are Fixed Oil, Alkaloid and 3, 4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine. It is Hot in potency. It is Madhura, Tikta (Ras), Guru, Snigdha (Guna) and Madhur Vipak. In Ayurveda, it is used in treatment of variety of diseases including Kapha Vikar, Vata-Vikar, debility and nerves weakness.
Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). L-DOPA is a direct precursor to dopamine, and its supplementation can increase dopamine levels in the body. L-Dopa has been considered one of the most effective treatments of Parkinson’s disease available.
Mucuna is especially used to improve sexual function and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary and gonadal axis. Mucuna seed powder helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality, and acts as a restorative and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac. Kaunch, is indicated in male disorders to treat oligospermia, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low libido, and impotency.
Nutmeg or Jaiphal/Jaifal is traditionally used in treatment of diarrhea. It has anti-enterotoxic activity which means it is effective against organisms producing a toxin specific for cells of the intestinal mucosa. It is carminative and gives relief in pain, abdominal swelling, indigestion and diarrhea.
Mace or Javitri is used in Ayurveda for treating chronic intestinal disorders, fever, cholera and intestinal worms. It is aromatic, anthelmintic, appetizer, anti-emetic and carminative.
Cinnamomum tamala Fr. Nees., belonging to family Lauraceae, is known as Indian Cassia, bay leaves and Tezpatta. Tejpatta is bitter, sweet, aromatic, antioxidants, anti-hyperglycemic, anthelmintic, diuretic, carminative and anti-inflammatory. It detoxifies blood, improves appetite and digestion.
Chitraka, Plumbago zeylanica is a large perennial sub-scandent medicinal shrub, found throughout India. Its Sanskrit synonyms are Agni, Vahni, Jvalanakhya, Krishanu, Huasha, Dahana, Hutabhuk and Sikha. Chitrak roots / Chitramoolam is hot in potency. It has anti-inflammatory, digestive, appetite stimulating, Kapha-har, Vata-har and pain relieving property.
The main therapeutic use of the roots is in digestive weakness, malabsorption syndrome, piles, abdominal pain and swelling of anus.
Vamsalochana / Vanshlochan / Bamboo Manna / Vansa is Ayurvedic name of medicinal tree Bambusa arundinacea. The siliceous concretion found in the joints of the female bamboo is called Vamsalochana / Bansa rochana in Sanskrit. It occurs as a bluish white translucent mass. It has sweet, cooling, tonic, expectorant, haemostatic, aphrodisiac, diuretic and anti-cough properties. It is useful in cough, consumption, asthma, bronchitis, fever etc. It is added in composition of numerous compound prescriptions used for affections of the lungs. Vanshlochana cleanses the urinary system, nourishes the body so increases the bulk of body, improves libido and is useful in emaciating or under nutrition conditions.
Akarkara / Pellitory, is nervine tonic, powerful irritant and sialogogue (promotes the secretion of saliva)
Haritaki / Chebulic myrobalan / Terminalia chebula, consists of the pericarp of mature fruits of Terminalia chebula Retz. (Fam. Combretaceae), a moderate sized or large tree found throughout India, chiefly in deciduous forests and areas of light rainfall. Its synonym in Sanskrit are Abhaya, Kayastha, Shiva, Pathya and Vijaya. The main constituent of Haritaki is Tannins, anthraquinones and polyphenolic compounds. It is a tonic drug and is good for digestive system. The main therapeutic use of Haritaki is digestive and respiratory ailments. It has all taste except salty (rasa), light (Laghu), rough or dry (ruksa) in properties (Guna), hot (Ushna) is potency (Virya) and pungent (Katu) Vipaka. It balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha. It works on all body tissues. It is a tonic with anti-inflammatory, laxative, astringent, diuretic, carminative, and anthelmintic properties. Haritaki treats intestinal parasites, constipation, diarrhea, gas, cough and diseases of eyes.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- Balya: Gives strength.
- Jeevaniya: Prolongs life.
- Ojovardhak: Increases ojas.
- Pitta shamak: Pacifies pitta.
- Rasayana: Rejuvenative.
- Shukravriddhikar: Increases sperm production.
- Vajikark: Aphrodisiac.
- Vata-har: Pacifies Vata.
- Adaptogen: Help the body adapt to stress.
- Androgenic: Promotes testosterone or androsterone, that promotes male characteristics.
- Antioxidant: Prevent or delay some types of cell damage.
- Antistress: Stress reducing.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Rejuvenator: Rejuvenates body.
- Sexual stimulant: Enhance sexual performance or libido.
- Spermatogenic: Causes spermatogenesis.
- Tonic: Give a feeling of vigour or well-being.
Benefits of Musli Pak
- It is nourishing tonic.
- It is aphrodisiac and improves libido.
- It promotes physical strength and stamina.
- It helps to gain weight.
- It works on male reproductive organs and improves overall functions.
- It supports development of better quality and quantity of sperms.
- It helps in male impotency.
- It works on reproductive organs and can be taken by both males or females.
- It is beneficial in male sexual problems related to stress, anxiety, low testosterone level, sperm disorders and general weakness.
- As it has energy boosting, antistress, adaptogen and immunomoduclatory effect it controls ED, erectile dysfunction.
- It supports better erection and sexual performance.
- It helps in PE, premature ejaculation.
- It has significant antioxidant property.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Musli Pak
- Fatigue & Exhaustion
- Lack of strength and vigor
- Loss of libido
- Male Infertility / Male Sterility
- Muscle Weakness
- Premature ejaculation
- Premature hair fall
Dosage of Musli Pak
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 6-12 grams.
- It should be taken once or twice a day.
- It is to be taken with milk.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- In case of poor digestion, difficult to digest foods are likely to cause a build-up of toxins and waste materials (Ama) in the system.
- It is heavy to digest and may cause bloating and constipation. For constipation, you can take Munakka, Triphala or Isabgol husk.
- Avoid use in excess mucus, phlegm and congestion.
- In case of digestive weakness, a person may need to take digestion improving and detoxifying medicine.
- It may not work if a person suffers from poor digestion and assimilation.
- It is an herbal medicine and takes time to show visible results.
- It causes weight gain.
- No drug–herb interactions are known.
Pharmacies Making Musli Pak
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies. Formulation may differ from brand to brand but are used for same purpose.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine are given below:
- Baidyanath Musli Pak 100 grams @ Rs. 175
- Patanjali Divya Pharmacy Musli Pak / Moosli Pak 200 grams @ Rs. 350.00
- Dabur Musli Pak Laghu
- Vyas Pharmaceuticals Musli Pak
- and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.