Table of Contents
- 1 Ingredients of Musli Pak
- 2 About the Ingredients
- 3 Ayurvedic Action of Balya: Gives strength.
- 4 Biomedical Action of Musli Pak
- 5 Benefits of Musli Pak
- 6 Important Therapeutic Uses of Musli Pak
- 7 The Dosage of Musli Pak
- 8 Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- 9 Pharmacies Making Musli Pak
Musli Pak is an Ayurvedic preparation containing Safed Musli, Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Kaunch, Akarkara, Vanshlochan, and many other herbs that enhances sexual power. Musli can be said to be a substitute for Viagra. It improves sperm count and also supports an erection. It increases energy, stamina, immunity, vigor, and overall health due to restorative and rejuvenative properties.
The main ingredient of this formulation is Safed Moosli. Musli is considered natural Viagra or Indian Ginseng. It is especially used as an aphrodisiac. Because of its popularity as a sex tonic, its cultivation is done in a number of regions around the world. As per Ayurveda, it is an immunity booster, Vajikarak, Rasayan, and a general health tonic. It mainly works on the reproductive and respiratory systems. It nourishes the whole body and increases the fertility of males by increasing sperm quantity and quality.
Musli Pak is also used to cure weakness, low appetite, anemia, and chronic fever. It helps to gain weight. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Synonyms: Moosli Paka, Musli Paka
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: General tonic for males, Boosting sexual performance
- Suitable for: Men, But can be taken by women also.
Ingredients of Musli Pak
- Safed Musli (Chlorophytum Borivilianum) 320 grams
- Go Ghrita 320 grams
- Sonth Dry Ginger 10 gram
- Kali Mirch Black Pepper 10 gram
- Pippali Long Pepper 10 gram
- Sthula Ela Greater Cardamom 10 gram
- Dalchini Cinnamon 10 gram
- Tejpata Bay Leaves 10 gram
- Shatavari 10 gram
- Chitrakmula 10 gram
- Gokhru 10 gram
- Ashwagandha 10 gram
- Haritaki 10 gram
- Lavang 10 gram
- Jaiphal 10 gram
- Javitri 10 gram
- Taalmakhana 10 gram
- Khareti Seeds 10 gram
- Kaunch Seeds 10 gram
- Semal Gond 10 gram
- Kamalgatta 10 gram
- Vanshalochan 10 gram
- Akarkara 10 gram
- Makardhwaj 10 gram
- Bang Bhasma 10 gram
About the Ingredients
The chief ingredient of Musli Pak is Safed Moosli. Safed musli is ‘Rasayan’ or adaptogen. It is useful in debility (general and sexual), diarrhea, leucorrhea, spermatorrhoea, wasting diseases. Animal research shows that it might increase sexual activity and might possibly have effects similar to testosterone. It is given to women during pregnancy and postpartum, for the nourishing fetus and increasing breast milk flow.
The active constituents of the Musli include 27 alkaloids, vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, saponins, polysaccharides, and steroids. It contains carbohydrates, fiber, alkaloids, saponins, and proteins. It is a rich source of over 25 alkaloids, vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, steroids, saponins, potassium, phenol, resins, mucilage, and polysaccharides and also contains a high quantity of simple sugars, mainly sucrose, glucose, fructose, galactose, mannose, and xylose.
Musli intake can increase Ama and congestion in the body. Moosli is contraindicated in excess mucus, congestion, Kapha, or Ama.
Trikatu is a combination of dry ginger, black pepper, and long pepper (Sonth + Pippali + Kali Mirch). It is effective for burning Ama (metabolic waste and toxins) which is the prime cause of all disease. It supports better digestion and cures constipation. It stimulates the liver to secrete bile which is vital for fat digestion and absorption. It also balances Kapha. Trikatu is a combination of spices and is hot in potency. Its excess intake can cause a burning sensation.
In Ayurveda, Shatavari or Shatavar refers to the roots of Asparagus racemosus. Shatavari contains a series of steroidal saponins, the shatavarins, and others, based on sarsapogenin, diosgenin, and arasapogenin. The polycyclic alkaloid asparagamine A, benzofurans such as racemofuran and racemosol, and the isoflavone 8-methoxy-5,6,4″-trihydroxyisoflavone 7-O-ß-D-glucopyranoside are also present. It improves overall health and body immunity. Shatavar is used to treat infertility in both sexes, to increase sexual vigor, for urinary and kidney diseases, strangury, and retention of urine.
Gokhru, Gokhura, Gokshuru, Gochurak, Trikantaka (Sanskrit), Caltrops, Puncturevine (English), Nerunchi Mul (Siddha) all are synonyms of Tribulus Terrestris (Fam. Zygophyllaceae). It is a cooling, diuretic, tonic, and aphrodisiac, Improves muscle building, stamina, and endurance.
Gokhru is bitter, sweet in Taste/RASA, Cooling in Potency/VIRYA, Heavy and Unctuous in Quality/GUNA, and Sweet after Digestion/VIPAK. It mainly acts on the Urinary, nerve, reproductive and respiratory systems. It is Diuretic, lithotriptic, aphrodisiac, reproductive Tonic, nervine, antispasmodic, anabolic, and alternative. Gokhru contains Potassium nitrate, Tribuloside, Saponins, Aspartic and glutamic acids.
Gokshura is a specific herb used for treating prostate problems, urinary retention, or obstructed urinary flow. Gokhru should be taken cautiously with antipsychotic drugs as It increases the breaking down of the medication in the digestive system, thus reducing the effectiveness of the drug.
Kapikachhu or Kevanch or Kaunch refers to seeds of Mucuna pruriens. It is also known as Kapikacchu, Markati, Kewanch, Kaunch, and Cowhage. The main constituent of Kaunch seeds are Fixed Oil, Alkaloid, and 3, 4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine. It is Hot in potency. It is Madhura, Tikta (Ras), Guru, Snigdha (Guna), and Madhur Vipak. In Ayurveda, it is used in the treatment of a variety of diseases including Kapha Vikar, Vata-Vikar, debility, and nerves weakness.
Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). L-DOPA is a direct precursor to dopamine, and its supplementation can increase dopamine levels in the body. L-Dopa has been considered one of the most effective treatments of Parkinson’s disease available.
Mucuna is especially used to improve sexual function and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary, and gonadal axis. Mucuna seed powder helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality and acts as a restorative and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac. Kaunch is indicated in male disorders to treat oligospermia, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low libido, and impotence.
Nutmeg or Jaiphal/Jaifal is traditionally used in the treatment of diarrhea. It has an anti-enterotoxic activity which means it is effective against organisms producing a toxin specific for cells of the intestinal mucosa. It is carminative and gives relief in pain, abdominal swelling, indigestion, and diarrhea.
Mace or Javitri is used in Ayurveda for treating chronic intestinal disorders, fever, cholera, and intestinal worms. It is aromatic, anthelmintic, appetizer, anti-emetic, and carminative.
Cinnamomum Tamala Fr. Nees., belonging to the family Lauraceae, is known as Indian Cassia, bay leaves, and Tezpatta. Tejpatta is bitter, sweet, aromatic, antioxidants, anti-hyperglycemic, anthelmintic, diuretic, carminative, and anti-inflammatory. It detoxifies the blood, improves appetite, and digestion.
Chitraka, Plumbago zeylanica is a large perennial sub-scandent medicinal shrub, found throughout India. Its Sanskrit synonyms are Agni, Vahni, Jvalanakhya, Krishanu, Huasha, Dahana, Hutabhuk, and Sikha. Chitrak roots / Chitramoolam is hot in potency. It has anti-inflammatory, digestive, appetite-stimulating, Kapha-har, Vata-har, and pain-relieving properties.
The main therapeutic use of the roots is in digestive weakness, malabsorption syndrome, piles, abdominal pain, and swelling of the anus.
Vamsalochana / Vanshlochan / Bamboo Manna / Vansa is an Ayurvedic name of the medicinal tree Bambusa arundinacea. The siliceous concretion found in the joints of the female bamboo is called Vamsalochana / Bansa rochana in Sanskrit. It occurs as a bluish-white translucent mass. It has sweet, cooling, Tonic, expectorant, hemostatic, aphrodisiac, diuretic, and anti-cough properties. It is useful in cough, consumption, asthma, bronchitis, fever, etc. It is added in the composition of numerous compound prescriptions used for affections of the lungs. Banslochan cleanses the urinary system, nourishes the body so increases the bulk of the body, improves libido, and is useful in emaciating or undernutrition conditions.
Akarkara / Pellitory, is a nervine Tonic, powerful irritant, and sialogogue (promotes the secretion of saliva)
Haritaki / Chebulic myrobalan / Terminalia chebula consists of the pericarp of mature fruits of Terminalia chebula Retz. (Fam. Combretaceae), a moderate-sized or large tree found throughout India, chiefly in deciduous forests and areas of light rainfall. Its synonym in Sanskrit is Abhaya, Kayastha, Shiva, Pathya, and Vijaya. The main constituent of Haritaki is Tannins, anthraquinones, and polyphenolic compounds. It is a tonic drug and is good for the digestive system. The main therapeutic use of Haritaki is a digestive and respiratory ailment. It has all tastes except salty (rasa), light (Laghu), rough or dry (ruksa) in properties (Guna), hot (Ushna) is potency (Virya), and pungent (Katu) Vipaka. It balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. It works on all body tissues. It is a tonic with anti-inflammatory, laxative, astringent, diuretic, carminative, and anthelmintic properties. Haritaki treats intestinal parasites, constipation, diarrhea, gas, cough, and diseases of the eyes.
Ayurvedic Action of Balya: Gives strength.
- Jeevaniya: Prolongs life.
- Ojovardhak: Increases ojas.
- Pitta shamak: Pacifies pitta.
- Rasayana: Rejuvenative.
- Shukravriddhikar: Increases sperm production.
- Vajikark: Aphrodisiac.
- Vata-har: Pacifies Vata.
Biomedical Action of Musli Pak
- Adaptogen: Help the body adapt to stress.
- Androgenic: Promotes testosterone or androsterone, which promotes male characteristics.
- Antioxidant: Prevent or delay some types of cell damage.
- Antistress: Stress-reducing.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Rejuvenator: Rejuvenates body.
- Sexual stimulant: Enhance sexual performance or libido.
- Spermatogenic: Causes spermatogenesis.
- Tonic: Give a feeling of vigor or well-being.
Benefits of Musli Pak
- It is a nourishing tonic.
- It is aphrodisiac and improves libido.
- It promotes physical strength and stamina.
- It helps to gain weight.
- It works on male reproductive organs and improves overall functions.
- It supports the development of better quality and quantity of sperms.
- It helps in male impotence.
- It works on the reproductive organs and can be taken by both males or females.
- It is beneficial in male sexual problems related to stress, anxiety, low testosterone level, sperm disorders, and general weakness.
- As it has energy-boosting, antistress, adaptogen, and immunomodulatory effect it controls ED, erectile dysfunction.
- It supports better erection and sexual performance.
- It helps in PE, premature ejaculation.
- It has significant antioxidant properties.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Musli Pak
- Fatigue & Exhaustion
- Lack of strength and vigor
- Loss of libido
- Male Infertility / Male Sterility
- Muscle Weakness
- Premature ejaculation
- Premature hair fall
The Dosage of Musli Pak
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 6-12 grams.
- It should be taken once or twice a day.
- It is to be taken with milk.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humors, and the properties of individual drugs.
- In the case of poor digestion, difficult to digest foods are likely to cause a build-up of toxins and waste materials (Ama) in the system.
- It is heavy to digest and may cause bloating and constipation. For constipation, you can take Munakka, Triphala, or Isabgol husk.
- Avoid use in excess mucus, phlegm, and congestion.
- In the case of digestive weakness, a person may need to take digestion improving and detoxifying medicine.
- It may not work if a person suffers from poor digestion and assimilation.
- It is herbal medicine and takes time to show visible results.
- It causes weight gain.
- No drug-herb interactions are known.
Pharmacies Making Musli Pak
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies. The formulation may differ from brand to brand but are used for the same purpose.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
- Baidyanath Musli Pak 100 grams @ Rs. 175
- Patanjali Divya Pharmacy Musli Pak / Moosli Pak 200 grams @ Rs. 350.00
- Dabur Musli Pak Laghu
- Vyas Pharmaceuticals Musli Pak
- and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.