Urination in bed, bedwetting, bedwetting at bedtime or bedwetting enuresis, nocturnal enuresis, or bed-wetting at night are a frequent problem in children. In this, children do not stop urinating and urinate in bed while sleeping. They find out when the bed is wet and often have to be reprimanded.
Sometimes it is not a problem, but if the children do it on a regular basis then it is definitely a problem. It can be very common in toddlers and young children, but as children get older it can be embarrassing for children and a cause of discomfort for parents.
The reasons for most types of bedwetting are actually unknown. This can happen due to many reasons such as the very deep sleep of the child, the same problem in mother or father. If a parent has this problem, then the chances of it happening are increased by 30 percent. Some children suddenly start wetting the bed even when they come under emotional stress such as a problem in school, having a second child, any other problem for the child, etc.
Some possible reasons for bedwetting may be:
- The bladder is too small
- No control over bladder
- Food allergy
- Nutritional deficiency
- Emotional stress
- Urine infection
- Heredity etc.
Most of the children quit bedwetting after the age of 5. But some children continue to wet the bed. Understand that bedwetting is not a deliberate mistake of your child. He does not like it either but it happens. Your child needs your help, not rebuke.
The problem of bedwetting in most children is resolved with age. Explain and help the child. If the child is younger than 5 years of age, there is no need to take him to the doctor. Many children leave this habit until the age of 7 years. If the child is older than 7 years and is doing this 2-3 times a week, you need to see a doctor.
The doctor may ask for some tests to find out the following:
- Infection of urine
- Kidney disease
- Nerve problem
- Constipation constipation
- No control on bladder incomplete development of nerves controlling bladder
- UTI Infection
- Swollen tonsils swollen tonsils
- Mouth breathing mouth breathing
- Sleep apnea
The child may be asked about any change, emotional stress, etc. at school or at home. In most cases, there is no apparent cause and the child is completely healthy. So don’t worry.
Home Remedies for Bedwetting
- If your child is doing this then you should take some steps. These steps include:
- Do not give fluids to the child after seven in the evening. Whatever fluid intake is there, keep giving it throughout the day.
- Tell the child to go to bed before urinating.
- Do not give cold drinks, caffeine, chocolate, tea, etc. to the child. Caffeine makes more urine.
- During the day, when the child comes to urination, tell him to keep the urine for a while so that the bladder trains and keeps urine for a longer time.
- Allow the child to eat one teaspoon of black sesame seeds or its powder.
- Mix equal amount of Amla powder + Ashwagandha powder and give half teaspoon to the child.
- Allow the child to eat walnuts and raisins in the morning.
- 3 Dry grapes, boil in a cup of milk and give it to the child. Chew the raisins and eat then drink the milk.
- Do not let yourself be constipated. Give the child a sufficient amount of salad, fruit, and water.
- If there are bugs in the stomach, treat them.
Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting
Medicines for the problem of bedwetting are available through many well-known homeopathic farms. These medicines are safe and intended for children. You can contact the doctor and give any of these medicines to the child.
- Bios Lab Enurex Tablet
- Blooume 42 Enurosan Syrup for bedwetting in children
- Dr. Bakshi B30 Nocturnal enuresis Homeopathy drops for bedwetting
- Dr. Reckeweg R74 Drops for nocturnal enuresis
- Orange Natural Bedwetting for kids
- Schwabe Enukind globules for bedwetting / nocturnal enuresis in children
- Schwabe India Enukind
Do not scold the child and help him. Make necessary changes in eating and drinking and improve the overall health of the child.