Table of Contents
Krimikuthar Ras, is a classical herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine indicated for intestinal worms and low appetite. It works for all types of Krimi. In Ayurveda, the term Krimi covers all worms, parasites and microbes either they are visible or invisible. Krimi Kuthar Rasa is helpful in parasitic diseases. It helps in skin diseases, anemia, rashes, pain in abdomen and other symptoms related to worms inside the body.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Reference Text: Rasatantrasara V Siddha Prayoga Sangraha, Kharaliya Rasayana
- Synonyms: Krimikuthar Ras, Krimi Kuthara Ras, Krimi Kuthar Ras
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Rasa Yoga | Classical Medicine; Rasa Yoga are the preparations containing mineral drugs as main ingredients. They keep their potency indefinitely, unless otherwise prescribed.
- Main Indication: Intestinal parasites
- Suitable for: Adult and children
- Anupan | Fluid vehicle: Svarnakshiri Mula Kvatha, Madhu
- Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Profile: Unsafe
This medicine contains herbomineral and toxic ingredients such as Hingul, Aconite and Cannabis and affects the brain and heart. Therefore, it is highly recommended to take this medicine with due caution. The dose should not exceed recommended amount. It must not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. This page is intended to give you the correct information about this medicine. Do not use this information to self-diagnose and self-medicate.
Krimikuthar Ras Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
- Karpura 8 Parts
- Indrayava (Kutaja) (Sd.) 1 Part
- Trayamana (Pl.) 1 Part
- Ajamoda (Fr.) 1 Part
- Vidanga (Fr.) 1 Part
- Hingula Shuddha 1 Part
- Vatsanabha Shuddha (Rt.) 1 Part
- Nagakeshara (Adr.) 1 Part
- Vijaya rasa (Lf.) Q. S. for Bhavana One day
- Palashabija churna (Sd.) 15 Parts
- Mushakarni (Pl.) Q. S. for Bhavana One day
- Brahmi rasa (Pl.) Q. S. for Bhavana One day
1- Karpura (Natural Camphor), Bhimseni Kapoor, is obtained from the leaves, chipped wood and roots of tree Cinnamomum camphora (L.) Nees & Eberm. (Fam. Lauraceae) by hydro distillation process. It is also known as Ghanasara, Chandra, Himahva and Himabaluka.It is colourless or white crystals, granules or crystalline masses with penetrating and characteristic odour and pungent, aromatic, taste and followed by a sensation of cold.
- Taste | Rasa: Tikta (Bitter), Katu (Pungent), Madhura (Sweet)
- Quality | Guna: Laghu, Teekshna
- Potency | Veerya: Shita
- After Digetion Effect | Vipaka: Katu
- Prabhava: Madaka | Intoxicating, Lekhana, Medya, Pachana
- Doshaghnata: Vata-pitta-kaphashamaka
Karpura is bitter and pungent. It alleviates kapha. It is a cooling in Vipaka. It promotes eyesight and is an expectorant. Internally, it acts as a carminative, antiseptic, stimulant, and anti-spasmodic. It is useful in adynamic fevers, choleraic diarrhea, whooping cough, epilepsy, asthma, angina pectoris, puerperal convulsions, hysteria, palpitation and ailments of the genito-urinary system. It has abortifacient action and hence must not be taken during pregnancy.
2- Vijaya rasa refers to the leaf juice of Cannabis sativa Linn also known as Indian hemp, True hemp, Soft hemp, Bhang or Cannabis. Cannabis leaf is bitter, astringent, tonic, aphrodisiac, alterative, intoxicating, stomachic, analgesic and abortifacient and used in convulsions, otalgia, abdominaldisorders, malarial fever, dysentery, diarrhea, skin diseases, hysteria, insomnia, gonorrhea, colic, tetanus and hydrophobia.
- Taste | Rasa: Tikta
- Quality | Guna: Laghu, Teekshna
- Potency | Veerya: Ushna
- After Digetion Effect | Vipaka: Katu
- Prabhava: Madaka | Intoxicating
- Doshaghnata: Vata-kaphashamaka
The recommended dose of Cannabis leaf for medicinal purpose is Leaf powder- 125-250 mg. Excess use of Cannabis causes indigestion, cough, melancholy, dropsy, restlessness, insanity and impotence. Cannabis is toxic for the brain and lungs.
3- Hingula or Shingraf is preparation of Cinnabar (very heavy mineral ore of mercury, Red Sulphide of Mercury). In Ayurveda, Shuddha Hingula or Purified Cinnabar is prepared by grinding cinnabar with goat’s milk for over six hours, followed by grinding the mixture with lime juice for one hour. This process is repeated seven times till a fine powder is obtained. It is considered tonic, alterative, purgative, antiphlogistic and antiseptic. Hingula is bitter, astringent and pungent. It cures eye diseases, aggravated kapha as well as pitta, hrillasa (nausea), kustha (obstinate skin diseases including leprosy), jvara (fever), kamala (jaundice) plihan (splenic disorders), amavata (rheumatism) and gara (poisoning).
4- Vatsanabha or Aconite refers to many species of the genus Aconitum viz., Aconitum ferox Wall., Aconitum napellus Linn., and Aconitum chasmanthum. The roots of all the three plants are extremely poisonous. After their detoxification, they are useful in the treatment of various diseases such as fever, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica and hypertension.
The detoxification process includes svedana (boiling) in dola yantra using Godugdha for 3 h daily for three continuous days, followed by washing with water thrice and drying under sun light. Shodhan reduces the toal alkaloid content.
The therapeutic dose of Shodhit Vatsanabha mentioned in Ayurveda is 8 mg to 16 mg/day.
Aconitum species are poisonous and at higher doses are reported to have cardiotoxic and neurotoxic effects. Overdosing of traditional Ayurvedic formulations of Vatsanabha may cause hypotension, bradycardia or bidirectional tachycardia.
5- Palashah Beej refers to the seeds of the tree Butea monosperma (Lamk.) Taub. The other synonyms of tree include Flame of the forest, Palasha, Polah, Kinka, Khakara etc. Palash is generally found in thick forests and arid parts. The seeds are anthelmintic, acrid, bitter, aperient and rubefacient and are used in worms, flatulence and piles. The seeds are also used as antidote for snake-bite.
Ayurvedic Action Krimikuthar Ras
- Bhedana: Causes excretion of accumulated feces and Dosha.
- Deepan: Increase appetite.
- Krimighna: Anthelmintic
- Shulaprasamanam: Relieve colic.
Biomedical Action of Krimikuthar Ras
- Analgesic: acting to relieve pain.
- Anthelmintic: expel parasitic worms (helminths) and other internal parasites from the body.
- Antibacterial: active against bacteria.
- Germicide: Destroys micro-organism or germs.
- Parasiticide: Kills parasites.
Krimikuthar Ras Therapeutic Uses
Krimikuthar Ras has Anthelmintic and used in Krimi Roga (Worm infestation).
It has carminative and antispasmodic action and also helps in Cholera, Indigestion and Whooping cough.
- Abdominal Pain | Udar Shula
- Anemia | pandu
- Constipation | Kabz
- Inflammation | Shota
- Skin diseases caused by worms
- White patches on the face
Krimikuthar Ras Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1-2 pills | 125 mg to 375 mg.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- It can be taken maximum upto one month when recommended by a doctor.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
- It must be used only when prescribed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It should be taken in recommended dose only and for a prescribed time period.
- Do not self-medicate.
- Overdose is dangerous.
- Do not take during pregnancy and breast feeding.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.
Pharmacies Making Krimikuthar Ras
- You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
- Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
- Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited SDL Krumikuthar Rasa
- Baidyanath Krimikuthar Ras Price and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.