Yakrit Plihari Loha is a herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine containing mercury obtained from cinnabar, iron, mica, Realgar, turmeric, the seeds of Croton Tiglium, fried borax and Shilajita. It is a Lauha Kalpa or an Ayurvedic medicine in which Lauha Bhasma is main ingredient. For preparation of Lauha kalpa, the drugs are reduced to fine powder and mixed with Lauha Bhasma. Bhavana is given with prescribed liquids if mentioned.
Lauha Kalp which contain mercury or its compounds as ingredient keep their potency indefinitely.
Yakrit Pilhari Lauha is referenced from Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Pliha-Yakrit Rogadhikaar. It is useful in treatment of Udararoga, Anaha, Jvara, Pandu, Kamala, Shotha, Halimaka, Mandagni, Aruci and Yakrit-pliharoga.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Yakrit Plihari Loha
- Hingulasambhava suta (Hingulottha Parada) 1 Part
- Gandhaka Shuddha 1 Part
- Lauha (bhasma) 1 Part
- Abhraka (bhasma) 1 Part
- Tamra (bhasma) 2 Parts
- Shila (Shuddha ManahShila) 2 Parts
- Rajani (Haridra) (Rz.) 2 Parts
- Jayapala Shuddha (Sd.) 2 Parts
- Tangana (Shuddha Tankana) 2 Parts
- Shilajatu Shuddha 2 Parts
- Danti svarasa (Rt.) Q. S. for bhavana 2 times
- Trivrit svarasa (Rt.) Q. S. for bhavana 2 times
- Citraka rasa (Rt.) Q. S. for bhavana 2 times
- Nirgundi rasa (Lf.) Q. S. for bhavana 2 times
- Tryushana (Shunthi Marica Pippali) kvatha Q. S. for bhavana 2 times
- Ardraka rasa (Rz.) Q. S. for bhavana 2 times
- Bhringaraja rasa (Pl.) Q. S. for bhavana 2 times
Benefits of Yakrit Plihari Loha
- It is useful in all types of liver and spleen disorders.
- It improves appetite and digestion.
- It has laxative property.
- It gives relief in digestive weakness, swelling in body due to liver diseases and fever.
Uses of Yakrit Plihari Loha
- Udararoga (Ascites)
- Anaha (Distension of abdomen due to obstruction to passage of urine and stools)
- Jvara (Fever)
- Pandu (Anemia)
- Kamala (Jaundice)
- Shotha (Inflammation)
- Halimaka (Chronic obstructive Jaundice/Chlorosis/Advanced stage of Jaundice)
- Mandagni (Impaired digestive fire)
- Aruci (Tastelessness)
- Yakritpliharoga (Disorder of Liver and Spleen)
Dosage of Yakrit Plihari Loha
1 tablet twice a day with Go-mutra or Mattha or as directed by physician.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Yakritplihari Lauha), Unjha (Yakrit Plihari Loha) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.