Patanjali Ashvashila Capsule or Ashwashila Capsule (Divya Ashwashila Capsule) is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Swami Ramdev’s Divya Pharmacy. This medicine contains Ashwagandha and Shilajit and hence names Ashwashila.
Ashwashila Capsule is a tonic medicine containing equal amount of (200 mg each) Ashwagandha and Shilajeet extract. It helps in improving energy level, stamina and vigour. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Divya Pharmacy the manufacturing unit of Patanjali Yogpeeth, Patanjali Ayurved
- Synonyms: Divya Ashvashila Capsule, Divya Ashwashila Capsule
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Debility, fatigue, weakness
ASHVASHILA (CAPSULE) 20 gm @ Rs. 70
Divya Ashwashila Capsule Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
In each capsule
- Extract of Aswagandha (Withania somnifera) 200 mg
- Dry extract of Asphaltum (Shilajit) 200 mg
Know the Ingredients of Patanjali | Divya Ashwashila Capsule
Ashwagandha or Withania somnifera Dunal. dried root powder has adaptogen, tonic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulator, anti-tumour, nervine, mild sedative, analgesic, reproductive tonic, aphrodisiac and anti-anaemic properties. It is a Rasayana that gives longevity and vitality. It is prescribed for promoting health, longevity, arresting aging process, revitalizing the body in debilitated conditions, increasing immunity, treating musculoskeletal conditions and as general tonic to increase energy.
Ashwagandha powder is known as Ashwagandha Churna and Amukkara Kizhangu Choornam (in Siddha). The recommended dosage of Ashwagandha root powder is 3-6 grams.
Shilajit is made of decomposed centuries old plants and rocks under pressure. In Ayurveda, for medicinal purpose detoxified Shilajit is used which is known as Shuddha Shilajit. It is an adaptogen and a major Ayurvedic rejuvenation tonic. It improves digestion and assimilation. In Ayurveda, it is considered a medicine which has ability to cure every disease. It is highly condensed minerals and amino acid. It slows ageing and degeneration.
Shilajit is considered astringent, bitter and pungent in taste (Rasa), pungent after digestion (Vipaka), and is hot in effect (Virya).
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Kasaya (Astringent), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Qualities): Guru (Heavy)
- Virya (Potency): Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Katu (Pungent)
- Dhatu (tissu): All the tissues.
- Srotas (Channel): Urinary, nervous, and reproductive
Shilajit works on reproductive organs. It controls blood sugar level, and improves immunity. It gives relief in chronic disorders, body pain and diabetes. Its intake gives physical, mental and sexual power.
Ayurvedic Action of Patanjali | Divya Ashwashila Capsule
- Balya: Increases strength
- Brimhaniya: Strength-promoting
- Hridaya: Heart tonic.
- Ojasvardhanam: Increases ojas
- Rasayana: Rejuvenative
- Shothahara: Prevents consumption and wasting diseases
- Shukral: Increases semen and give force of ejaculation.
- Shwasa: Benefits breathing
- Vajikarana: Increases sexual desire and gives strength to reproductive organs.
- Vatakaphahara: Reduces Kapha and Vata
- Vedanasthapana: Reduces pain
- Vrishya: Increases sexual potency
Biomedical Action of Divya Ashwashila Capsule
- Adaptogen: Substance considered to help the body adapt to stress.
- Antianaemic: Treat or to prevent anemia.
- Antidepressant: Prevent or treat depression.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Immunomodulatory: Modifies the immune response or the functioning of the immune system.
- Phytoestrogen: Plant-derived estrogens not generated within the endocrine system but consumed by eating phytoestrogenic plants.
- Reproductive tonic: Tonic for reproductive organs
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Divya Ashwashila Capsule Health Benefits
- It has goodness of Ashwagandha and Shilajit.
- Ashwagandha has anabolic effect and mainly considered to help in weight gain.
- It helps to reduce level of stress and tension.
- It improves energy level.
- It improves immunity.
- It improves sexual health, a sex tonic.
- It increases blood circulation.
- It is a tonic that nourishes whole body. In weakness, low body weight, emaciation, deficient haemoglobin, anaemia, post convalescent weakness and such other condition, Ashwagandha gives good result.
- It is natural antioxidant.
- It rejuvenates and revitalize body.
- It relaxes mind, helps to cope with stress.
- It stabilizes blood sugar and lowers cholesterol.
Divya Ashwashila Capsule Therapeutic Uses
- Asthma, Allergy
- General weakness
- Joint pain
- Loss of energy and vigor
- Physical weakness
- Sexual weakness, Seminal problem
- Stress, Anxiety, Tiredness
- Urinary problems
Divya Ashwashila Capsule Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 to 2 capsules.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with milk.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is safe to use Shilajit in recommended dosage.
- It is Pitta increasing in high dosage.
- Limited evidence suggests that Ashwagandha increases thyroid hormone levels and therefore interferes with the control of hypo and hyperthyroidism.
- High dosages of alkaloids from Withania exhibit prolonged hypotensive, bradycardiac and respiratory stimulant actions, may also have depressant effect on higher cerebral centers; sedative effects have also been demonstrated.
- Use Ashwagandha with caution in peptic ulcer disease as it may cause gastrointestinal irritation. People who are sensitive to the Solanaceae family should use this herb with caution.
- It should not be used in high uric acid count.
- It should not be used in febrile diseases.
- It should not be used with a heavy diet.
- It should be taken in conjunction with a milk diet.
- Avoid physical exercise, exposure to sunrays and wind while taking Shilajit.
- The ill effects of Silajit are cured by taking Kali mirch and Ghee, in dose of 3 grams for seven days.
- Do not use fried, roasted, sour, fermented foods, kuatha/Kulthi Dal and Kakamachi (Solanum nigrum) for the period Shilajit remains in the body.
- Although Shilajit is used to treat kidney stones, use caution if the stones are made of uric acid or if uric acid crystals are in the urine as uric acid increases with the administration of Shilajit. For this same reason, Shilajit is contraindicated in gouty arthritis.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
- Always buy Ayurvedic medicine form good pharmacy and genuine stores. Beware of fake/inferior quality products.
What is Shilajit?
Shilajit is a mineral pitch. It is the exudation of a bituminous substance from the rocks of Himalaya. It is also found in Caucasus Mountains, Altai Mountains and other Asian mountains. It is said to carry the healing power of these great mountains. It is highly condensed mineral and amino acids source. It gives physical, mental and sexual power. The literal meaning of word Shilajit is ‘conqueror of rock’. Another meaning is ‘sweat of the rock’.
Shilajeet is a natural substance but it is not an animal or plant based product. It is a mineral pitch that oozes from the rocks of the Himalayas. In summer when the rocks are warmed this mineral comes out from them. In Gangotri it drips from the rocks. Shilajit contains more than 80 minerals and used in Ayurveda for medicinal purpose. According to Ayurvedic texts there is no disease in the world which cannot be treated by Shilajit if given by the administrator properly with other drugs.
What is Shuddha Shilajit?
The rocks exudate contains only fifty percent Shilajit and the rest is impurities. If impure Shilajit is taken then it may cause giddiness, inflammation, hemorrhages, loss of appetite constipation etc. The impurities are removed as per the Ayurvedic text and Shilajit thus obtained is known as Shuddha Shilajit.
Can I take Shilajit with other Ayurvedic herbs?
Yes. Shilajit is taken with other herbs and ingredients depending on the ailments.
Few Combinations can be:
- Anaemia: Shilajit With Amalki, Ginger, Shatavari.
- Diabetes: Shilajit With Giloy, Gurmar, Turmeric, Neem, Karela, Daruhaldi.
- Female Reproductive Conditions: Shilajit With Shatavari, Licorice.
- Male Reproductive Problems: Shilajit With Ashwagandha, Gokshura, Kaunch.
- Obesity: Shilajit With Guggulu, Triphala, Trikatu, Triphala Guggulu, Chitrak, Punarnava, Kutki.
- Oedema: Shilajit With Punarnava, Guggulu.
- Painful Urination: Shilajit With Gokshura, Coriander, Punarnava.
- Prostatitis: Shilajit With Gokshura, Guggulu.
- Urinary Stones: Shilajit With Gokshura, Bhumiamalaki, Manjistha.
What are the benefits of Ashwagandha for men?
Benefits of Ashwagandha for males:
For males, Ashwagandha promotes sexual health by uplifting the mood, reducing anxiety, improving energy levels and fertility, thus supporting sexual performance.
- It has direct spermatogenic effect and helps to improve sperm count.
- It helps to alleviate asthenospermia (increasing sperm motility), oligospermia (increasing sperm count) and other sperm disorders.
- It exerts testosterone like effect influencing the seminiferous tubules.
- It promotes better sexual performance.
- It reduces impotence and promotes potency.
What are the cautions while taking Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha should be taken cautiously in excess pitta and ama with congestion, pregnancy and thyroid problem.
What are main contraindications for Shilajit?
It should not be taken in high uric acid levels, kidney stones of uric acid, and gout.
Heavy and hot potency food items should not be taken while taking Shilajit.
What drug interaction can take place?
There is no known drug interaction.
What are advantages of Shilajit?
Shilajit contains fulvic acid along with minerals. Fulvic acid helps in the transportation of minerals into cells for maintaining and restoring their electrical potency, which prevents cell decay and death. Shilajit helps in metabolism and promotes energy production in the body. It maintains an equilibrium of catabolism and anabolism. It helps in formation of blood and proper functioning of body organs.
Can Shilajit cause acidity?
Though Shilajit balances Vata-Pitta and Kapha, but when taken in excess it increases Pitta and hence it may cause acidity or burning sensation.
Can I use Shilajit during Pregnancy?
There are no safety studies involving Shilajit use in pregnant and/or lactating women is done. Please note,
- Shilajit is hot in potency.
- It has fat reducing qualities.
- It has scraping effect on the fat tissues.
- Therefore, it is advisable not to use Shilajit during pregnancy.
Can I use Shilajit in Diabetes?
Yes. Shilajit is known to reduce blood sugar level. Please do check the blood sugar level frequently to avoid hypoglycemia.
What are the benefits of Shilajit for Men?
Shilajit strengthens the whole male reproductive system. It is a tonic to the sex organs. It is useful in treatment of premature ejaculation, spermatorrhoea, impotence and spermaturia. It increases testosterone levels.
In a scientific study, 60 infertile male patients having total sperm counts below 20 million ml (-1) semen were considered oligospermic and enrolled in the study. For treatment Shilajit capsule (100 mg) was administered twice daily after major meals for 90 days.
Total semenogram and serum testosterone, luteinising hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone were estimated before and at the end of the treatment. Malondialdehyde (MDA), a marker for oxidative stress, content of semen and biochemical parameters for safety were also evaluated.
Twenty-eight patients who completed the treatment showed significant improvement in spermia (+37.6%), total sperm count (+61.4%), motility (12.4-17.4% after different time intervals), normal sperm count (+18.9%) with concomitant decrease in pus and epithelial cell count compared with baseline value. Significant decrease of semen MDA content (-18.7%) was observed.
Moreover, serum testosterone (+23.5%) and FSH (+9.4%) levels significantly increased. In men, FSH stimulates production of sperm.
Unaltered hepatic and renal profiles of patients indicated that Shilajit is safe at the given dose. These findings provide further evidence of the spermatogenic nature of Shilajit.
What are the benefits of Shilajit for females?
Shilajit has affinity for reproductive organs and it strengthens the whole reproductive system. It helps female by treating the weakness, infertility, dysmenorrhea and low energy. It increases FSH Follicle-Stimulating Hormone, a hormone released by the pituitary gland, located on the underside of the brain. In women, FSH helps manage the menstrual cycle and stimulates the ovaries to produce eggs.
How long should Shilajit be taken for maximum benefit?
Shilajit needs to be taken for two-three months to attain maximum benefit.
Is Shilajit diuretic?
Shilajit is mild diuretic in action and helps to remove the excess fluid from the lungs as well as the body.
Is Shilajit Ulcer protective?
Shilajit increases the carbohydrate/protein ratio and decreases the gastric ulcer index. The fulvic acid and 4-methoxy 6-carbomethoxybiphenyl present in Shilajit decrease acid-pepsin secretion, cell shedding, and act as ulcer protectives.
What is the recommended dose of Shilajit?
The recommended dose of Shilajit for maintenance of optimal health is 2–3 pills three times per day or 500mg–5g per day.