Table of Contents
- 1 Ayurvedic Properties and Action of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- 2 Ayurvedic Actions Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- 3 Biomedical Action of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- 4 Benefits of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- 5 Important Therapeutic Uses of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- 6 The Dosage of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- 7 Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- 8 FAQs About Shilajeet
Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet (Divya Shilajeet Sat) from Divya Pharmacy contains only one ingredient purified or Shuddha Shilajit or Asphaltum in the form of dark thick liquid.
Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet is an aphrodisiac and rejuvenative tonic. It gives nutrition to all the seven Dhathu and builds immunity. It is indicated in obesity, respiratory conditions, sexual disorders like loss of libido, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, impotency, urinary infection, prostate hypertrophy, burning micturition, kidney stones, oedema and variety of other diseases. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Divya Pharmacy the manufacturing unit of Patanjali Yogpeeth, Patanjali Ayurved
- Synonyms: Shilajeet Shuddh (R.T.), Shuddha Shilajeet (R.T.), Shuddh Shilajeet, Divya Shilajeet Sat, Shudh Shilajeet (Sat), Shudh Shilajit R.T. (liquid)
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: General tonic, Youthfulness, Vigour
- Part Used: The oozing from the rocks
- Energetics: Pungent, bitter, hot-pungent VPK=, P+ in excess
- Tissues: All
- Systems: All, especially the urinary and nervous
- Action: Alterative, diuretic, lithotriptic, antiseptic, rejuvenative
- MRP/Price: SHUDH SHILAJEET (SAT) 20 gram @ INR 100
Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet Composition
This medicine contains only one ingredient Shuddha Shilajit.
Ayurvedic Properties and Action of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
Shilajit is considered astringent, bitter and pungent in taste (Rasa), pungent after digestion (Vipaka), and is hot in effect (Virya). It reduces Vata and Kapha. It is tonic medicine of Ayurveda for improving overall health.
- Rasa (taste on the tongue): Kasaya (Astringent), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Qualities): Guru (Heavy)
- Virya (Potency): Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Katu (Pungent)
- Dhatu (tissue): All the tissues.
- Srotas (Channel): Urinary, nervous, and reproductive
Ayurvedic Actions Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- Balya: Increase the strength of the body.
- Chedana: Removes the accumulated and adhered Kapha etc. Doshas from its own active principle (prabhava).
- Jeevaneeya: beneficial for and maintain life in a sound condition.
- Kapha-Vata har: Remover of the Humor of Kapha-Vata.
- Rasayana: Gives long life, heightened memory and intelligence, freedom from disease, youth, excellence of lustre, complexion, and of voice, optimum strength of the body and senses, utterances that always get fulfilled, the reverence of people, body glow.
- Sarvadoshahara: kills all diseases.
- Shothagna: Reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Tridoshahara: Corrects the imbalance of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase sexual power.
- Yogavahi: that which retains its own virtue and at the same time increases the virtues of the dravyas with which it comes in contact is known as Yogavahi.
Biomedical Action of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- Alterative: alters the morbid or unhealthy processes of nutrition and excretion and restores the normal functioning.
- Anti-allergic: prevents, or relieves an allergy.
- Anti-diabetic: Blood sugar lowering
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antiseptic: prevent or retard the growth of micro-organisms.
- Anti-stress, an anti-anxiety: reduces stress.
- Anti-ulcerogenic: prevents formation of ulcer by reducing gastric acid secretion.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulating or increasing the sexual appetite, passion and virile power.
- Diuretic: stimulates urine production.
- Immunity-boosting: Increases immunity.
- Immunomodulatory: modifies the immune response or the functioning of the immune system.
- Lithotriptic: possess the power of dissolving various concretions in the body.
- Nootropic: Learning augmenting.
- Nutritive Tonic.
- Rejuvenative: to make young again, restore to youthful vigor, appearance, etc.
- Spermatogenic and Ovogenic.
Benefits of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- It boosts male fertility.
- It cures sexual debility.
- It gives strength to the body and mind and supports better functioning of organs.
- It has an antioxidantand antiaging properties.
- It helps in physical and sexual weakness.
- It helps in treating male sexual disorders such as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, lack of sexual desire, ejaculatory incompetence, impotence and infertility.
- It improves body immunity.
- It improves overall health.
- It improves spermatogenesis and increases sperm count.
- It improves vitality and libido.
- It is a powerful adaptogen (help the body adapt to stress).
- It is especially useful in diabetes and male sexual disorders.
- It is rejuvenating tonic.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- Bronchial disorders
- Chronic bronchitis
- Consumption (Kshaya)
- Enlarged spleen and the liver
- General weakness
- Genito-urinary diseases
- Improving testosterone level
- Joint pain, rheumatism, arthritis
- Low sperm count
- Male sexual disorders premature ejaculation, lack of sexual desire, ejaculatory incompetence, impotence and infertility
- Nervous diseases
- Renal stone
- Sexual Weakness
- Skin diseases
- Tuberculosis (Rajayakshama)
The Dosage of Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet
- It is in the form of dark thick liquid.
- The recommended dosage is 1-2 drops after breakfast and dinner, for minimum of 3 month and then reviewed.
- It can be mixed with warm / hot milk.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Patanjali Shudh Shilajeet has no known side effects if proper dosage is administered.
- In excess, it increases Pitta.
- It should not be used in high uric acid count.
- It should not be used in febrile diseases.
- It should not be used with a heavy diet.
- It should be taken in conjunction with a milk diet.
- Avoid physical exercise, exposure to sunrays and wind while taking Shilajit.
- The ill effects of Silajit are cured by taking Kali Mirch and Ghee, in a dose of 3 grams for seven days.
- Do not use fried, roasted, sour, fermented foods, kuatha/Kulthi Dal and Kakamachi (Solanum nigrum) for the period Shilajit remains in the body.
- Although Shilajit is used to treat kidney stones, use caution if the stones are made of uric acid or if uric acid crystals are in the urine as uric acid increases with the administration of Shilajit. For this same reason, Shilajit is contraindicated in gouty arthritis.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.
- Always buy Ayurvedic medicine form good pharmacy and genuine stores. Beware of fake/inferior quality products.
FAQs About Shilajeet
1- What is Shilajit?
Shilajit is a mineral pitch. It is the exudation of a bituminous substance from the rocks of Himalaya. It is also found in Caucasus Mountains, Altai Mountains and other Asian mountains. It is said to carry the healing power of these great mountains. It is highly condensed mineral and amino acids source. It gives physical, mental and sexual power. The literal meaning of word Shilajit is ‘conqueror of rock’. Another meaning is ‘sweat of the rock’.
Shilajeet is a natural substance but it is not an animal or plant-based product. It is a mineral pitch that oozes from the rocks of the Himalayas. In summer when the rocks are warmed this mineral comes out from them. In Gangotri it drips from the rocks. Shilajit contains more than 80 minerals and used in Ayurveda for medicinal purpose. According to Ayurvedic texts there is no disease in the world which cannot be treated by Shilajit if given by the administrator properly with other drugs.
2- What is Shuddha Shilajit?
The rocks exudate contains only fifty percent Shilajit and the rest is impurities. If impure Shilajit is taken then it may cause giddiness, inflammation, hemorrhages, loss of appetite constipation etc. The impurities are removed as per the Ayurvedic text and Shilajit thus obtained is known as Shuddha Shilajit.
3- Can I take Shilajit with other Ayurvedic herbs?
Yes. Shilajit is taken with other herbs and ingredients depending on the ailments.
Few Combinations can be:
- Anaemia: Shilajit With Amalki, Ginger, Shatavari.
- Diabetes: Shilajit With Giloy, Gurmar, Turmeric, Neem, Karela, Daruhaldi.
- Female Reproductive Conditions: Shilajit With Shatavari, Licorice.
- Male Reproductive Problems: Shilajit With Ashwagandha, Gokshura, Kaunch.
- Obesity: Shilajit With Guggulu, Triphala, Trikatu, Triphala Guggulu, Chitrak, Punarnava, Kutki.
- Oedema: Shilajit With Punarnava, Guggulu.
- Painful Urination: Shilajit With Gokshura, Coriander, Punarnava.
- Prostatitis: Shilajit With Gokshura, Guggulu.
- Urinary Stones: Shilajit With Gokshura, Bhumiamalaki, Manjistha.
4- What are main contraindications for Shilajit?
It should not be taken in high uric acid levels, kidney stones of uric acid, and gout.
Heavy and hot potency food items should not be taken while taking Shilajit.
5- What drug interaction can take place?
There is no known drug interaction.
6- What are advantages of Shilajit?
Shilajit contains fulvic acid along with minerals. Fulvic acid helps in the transportation of minerals into cells for maintaining and restoring their electrical potency, which prevents cell decay and death. Shilajit helps in metabolism and promotes energy production in the body. It maintains an equilibrium of catabolism and anabolism. It helps in formation of blood and proper functioning of the body organs.
7- Can Shilajit cause acidity?
Though Shilajit balances Vata-Pitta, and Kapha, but when taken in excess it increases Pitta and hence it may cause acidity or burning sensation.
8- Can I use Shilajit during Pregnancy?
There are no safety studies involving Shilajit use in pregnant and/or lactating women is done. Please note,
- Shilajit is hot in potency.
- It has fat reducing qualities.
- It has scraping effect on the fat tissues.
- Therefore, it is advisable not to use Shilajit during pregnancy.
9- Can I use Shilajit in Diabetes?
Yes. Shilajit is known to reduce blood sugar level. Please do check the blood sugar level frequently to avoid hypoglycemia.
10- What are the benefits of Shilajit for Men?
Shilajit strengthens the whole male reproductive system. It is a tonic to the sex organs. It is useful in the treatment of premature ejaculation, spermatorrhoea, impotence and spermaturia. It increases testosterone levels.
In a scientific study, 60 infertile male patients having total sperm counts below 20 million ml (-1) semen were considered oligospermic and enrolled in the study. For treatment Shilajit capsule (100 mg) was administered twice daily after major meals for 90 days.
Total semenogram and serum testosterone, luteinising hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone were estimated before and at the end of the treatment. Malondialdehyde (MDA), a marker for oxidative stress, content of semen and biochemical parameters for safety were also evaluated.
Twenty-eight patients who completed the treatment showed significant improvement in spermia (+37.6%), total sperm count (+61.4%), motility (12.4-17.4% after different time intervals), normal sperm count (+18.9%) with concomitant decrease in pus and epithelial cell count compared with baseline value. Significant decrease of semen MDA content (-18.7%) was observed.
Moreover, serum testosterone (+23.5%) and FSH (+9.4%) levels significantly increased. In men, FSH stimulates production of sperm.
Unaltered hepatic and renal profiles of patients indicated that Shilajit is safe at the given dose. These findings provide further evidence of the spermatogenic nature of Shilajit.
11- What are the benefits of Shilajit for females?
Shilajit has affinity for reproductive organs and it strengthens the whole reproductive system. It helps female by treating the weakness, infertility, dysmenorrhea and low energy. It increases FSH Follicle-Stimulating Hormone, a hormone released by the pituitary gland, located on the underside of the brain. In women, FSH helps manage the menstrual cycle and stimulates the ovaries to produce eggs.
12- How long should Shilajit be taken for maximum benefit?
Shilajit needs to be taken for two-three months to attain maximum benefit.
13- Is Shilajit diuretic?
Shilajit is mild diuretic in action and helps to remove the excess fluid from the lungs as well as the body.
14- Is Shilajit Ulcer protective?
Shilajit increases the carbohydrate/protein ratio and decreases the gastric ulcer index. The fulvic acid and 4-methoxy 6-carbomethoxybiphenyl present in Shilajit decrease acid-pepsin secretion, cell shedding, and act as ulcer protectives.
15- What is the recommended dose of Shilajit?
The recommended dose of Shilajit for maintenance of optimal health is 2–3 pills three times per day or 500mg–5g per day.