Bowelcare is an herbal formulation, manufactured by Organic India. Organic India is a multi-national company based in Lucknow that produces organic herbal medicines based on time-tested, Ayurvedic principles.
Bowelcare, as the names suggests, is a medicine for bowel movement. Bowel is defined as the long tube in the body that helps to digest food and carries solid waste out of the body. Intake of Bowelcare facilitates efficient elimination (bowel movements) helping to remove toxins and waste.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Brand: Organic India
- Category: Supplement
- Supplementation for: Proper Bowel
- Contains: Herbal ingredients
Ingredients of Organic India Bowelcare
Each capsule contains
- Bael leaves (Aegle marmelos) 300 mg
- Chandrashoor seed (Lepidium sativum) 50 mg
- Psyllium husk (Plantago ovata) 25 mg
- Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose
Bael (Aegle marmelos), leaves contains Skimmianine, Aeglin, Rutin, Y-sitosterol, β-sitosterol, Flavone, Lupeol, Cineol, Citral, Glycoside, O-isopentenyl , Halfordiol, Marmeline, Citronellal, Cuminaldehyde phenylethyl cinnamamides, Eugenol, Marmesininand many other phytochemicals. The leaves have antimicrobial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiulcer, antidiabetic and fertility reducing action. In a clinical trial the administration of leaf extract for 15 days significantly reduced blood cholesterol levels with slight lowering of blood glucose in some patients with diabetes mellitus. The leaves have significant free radical scavenging activity. The leaves also regulate thyroid hormone. In Ayurveda, the powder of dried leaves is used in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome.
Psyllium husk (also known as Ispaghula) is obtained from episperm and collapsed adjacent layers removed from the seeds of Plantago ovata. It improves digestion, cleanses colon and relieves constipation. It helps in in the treatment of hemorrhoids, constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel diseases, inflammatory bowel disease and ulcerative colitis. It relieves inflammation and lowers lipid and controls diabetes.
Chandrashoor seed (Lepidium sativum), contains an alkaloid, glucotropaeolin, sinapin (choline ester of sinapic acid), sinapic acid, mucilaginous matter, uric acid and fiber. The seeds are traditionally used for curing gas, dropsy, gout, rheumatism, fracture healing, muscular pain, diarrhea and inflammatory bowel disease. The Seeds boiled in milk are administered to cause abortion.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Organic India Bowelcare
- Chronic Constipation (condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened faeces.)
- Incomplete daily evacuation (feeling of heaviness, discomfort and frequent urge to go to toilet)
- Cleansing waste and toxins from the intestinal walls
- IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome (disorder that affects the large intestine, and causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation)
Benefits of Bowelcare
- It is based on Ayurvedic principle and contain herbal ingredients.
- It removes waste and toxins from body.
- It contains psyllium husk which is good source of fiber.
Dosage of Organic India Bowelcare
Take 1-2 capsules with water before going to bed. This can be combined with Triphala.