Table of Contents
Ostocalcium from Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is allopathic medicine prescribed for calcium deficiency. This calcium supplement contains Calcium, Phosphorus and Vitamin D which are essential for building and maintaining strong bones. Each Ostocalcium tablet, contain calcium 125 mg. Calcium is required for healthy bones and teeth. It also plays crucial role in normal functioning of digestive enzymes, cell division and specialization.
Next essential element for maintaining strong bones is phosphorus. Phosphorus is required to build strong bones and teeth, proper utilization of energy in body, filtering waste in kidney and repair of tissues and for normal functioning of cell membranes.
Vitamin D, a fat-soluble vitamin is required for calcium absorption and to maintain adequate serum calcium and phosphate concentrations to enable normal mineralization of bone. Deficiency of Vitamin D, makes bone brittle and thin. Adequate vitamin D, prevents rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults.
- Brand: gsk
- Category: Dietary supplement
- Supplementation for: Calcium deficiency
- Contains: Calcium Phosphate and Vitamin D3
Range of Ostocalcium
Ostocalcium Chewable Tablets For 30+ Women
It is especially for woman to maintain strong bone and to prevent Calcium deficiencies. It is available at the MRP of ₹ 111.
Ostocalcium B12 Syrup for Kids – Lemon Lime Flavor and Banana Flavor
It is combination of Calcium, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D3. This syrup is for kids to prevent and cure deficiency of vitamin D3, Calcium and Vitamin B12.
Ostocalcium Forte for Specific Needs (As Advised By Doctor)
It is indicated in specific condition such as during pregnancy and breast feeding when body demands more Calcium, vitamin D3 for the baby. It helps to prevent deficiency of calcium.
Composition / Ingredients of Ostocalcium
Ostocalcium Chewable Tablets for 30+ Women
Each Uncoated Tablet Contains
- Colecalciferol Concentrate (Powder Form) Bp Equivalent to Colecalciferol (Vit. D3) – 400iu
- Tribasic Calcium Phosphate I.P. (Equivalent to 125 mg of Elemental Calcium) – 0.323 g
- Color – Sunset Yellow
Ostocalcium B12 Syrup for Kids
Each 5 ml (1 teaspoonful) Contains
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol I.P.) – 200 iu
- Vitamin B12 I.P. – 2.5 mcg
- Calcium Phosphate Equivalent to Elemental Calcium in Flavored Syrupy Base – 82 mg
- Colour – Erythrosine
Ostocalcium Forte For Specific Needs
Each Uncoated Tablet Contains
- Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) I.P. – 200 iu
- Tribasic Calcium Phosphate I.P. (Equivalent to 400 Mg of Elemental Calcium) – 1.032 g (Appropriate Overages Added)
Uses of Ostocalcium
- Nutrition for bones
- Healthy bones and teeth
- Nutritional Ca deficiency
Dosage of Ostocalcium
- Ostocalcium Chewable Tablets: One Tablet of Ostocalcium Chewable Tablets, twice a day should be chewed daily.
- Ostocalcium B12 Syrup for Kids: 1 Teaspoon (>1 Year) / 2 Teaspoon (Adults) should be taken once daily.
- Ostocalcium Forte For Specific Needs, should be taken as prescribed by doctor.