Table of Contents
Roses are beautiful flower with medicinal properties. These are edible and offer numerous health benefits. There are various rose preparations which we use in our daily life such as fresh rose petals, gulkand, Rose water, etc. Rose tea is prepared from petal of rose flower. This tea is very strong antioxidant that helps to scavenge free radicals in the body.
Rose petal tea has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal activities.
Ingredients of Rose Petal Tea
Fresh or dried Rose petals, water, Honey or Sugar for sweetness (optional)
Recipe of Rose Petal Tea
- Take water (one cup) in pan. Bring it to boil.
- Pour this water in glass or ceramic container with tight lid.
- Add fresh (2 teaspoon) or dried (1 teaspoon) Rose petals in this boiling water.
- Steep for 20 minutes to an hour. The longer you brew the better is result.
- Steeping or brewing a tea means leaving the herb in boiling water for a few minute without using external heat. Water is boiled on stove and then removed from heat.
- This water is poured in a glass or ceramic container, herb is added and lid is put to prevent any loss of steam.
- Strain tea and drink hot.
- You may add honey as per taste. If you are diabetic then avoid adding honey or sugar.
Health Benefits of drinking Rose Petal Tea
- Strong antioxidant, blood purifier
- Good for the heart and brain
- Reduces menstruation related problems
- Good for the digestive system
- Purifies blood , cures skin problems
- Helpful in diarrhea, upset stomach
- Caffeine free herbal tea
- Reduces swelling and gives relief in pain
- Cooling effect on body, reduces stress, nervousness