As ectopic pregnancy is an abnormal pregnancy when fertilized egg not successfully travel to uterus and implants itself some where else. There may be several reason for this.
Main reason for ectopic pregnancy is damaged or blocked fallopian tube. There are many tissues like hair inside fallopian tube which pushes fertilized egg into uterus. When these tissues got dammed then this problem occurs.
Apart from this here are some thinks which put you on risk of ectopic pregnancy.
- Smoking: Yes, smoking cigarettes can put you on higher risk of ectopic pregnancy. The more you smoke, your ectopic pregnancy risk will be higher.
- Take some infertility treatment
- History of any STD(sexual transmitted disease)
- Any abdominal surgery
- Have endometriosis (a condition where the tissue that lines your uterus grows in other places), which can cause scar tissue (adhesions)
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
All the things above can cause ectopic pregnancy and if you have any thing like this the i can advice you one thing to visit a doctor before planning baby.