Table of Contents
- 1 Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Composition
- 2 Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Zandu Vishtinduk Vati
- 3 Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Biomedical Action
- 4 Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Health Benefits
- 5 Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Therapeutic Uses
- 6 Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Dosage
- 7 Side-effects of Zandu Vishtinduk Vati
- 8 FAQs About Vishtinduk Vati
Zandu Vishtinduk Vati is classical Ayurvedic medicine with nervine Tonic, digestive stimulant, aphrodisiac, and stimulant (excites the functions of an organ) properties. The main indication of this medicine is Jirna Vata Roga (sciatica, lumbago, gout, arthritis, pain in back, muscular pain). It is also beneficial in impotence, constipation, paralytic, and neuralgic affections, diarrhea, dysentery, and debility of the spinal system.
Vishtinduk Vati contains Vishtinduk. Vishtinduk is also known as Kuchela, Kuchila, Vindu, Tinduka, Karaskara, Ramyaphala, Kupaka, Kalkuta, Visamushtika, Kupilu, Vishamushti, Vishatinduka, and Nux-vomica.
Nux Vomica is Vish or Poison. It contains 2 active alkaloids (Strychnine & Brucine), which are highly poisonous. The seeds are extremely poisonous affecting the nervous, and muscular systems causing tetanic convulsions, and death. In a small doses, it is given for paralytic, and neuralgic affections, diarrhea, dysentery, and debility of the spinal system.
In Ayurveda, the seeds of the plant are used only after Shodhanato get Shuddha Kuchala. Detoxification or Shodhan of Kupilu seeds brings chemical changes causing N-oxidation, and conversion of Strychnine, and brucine into less toxic derivations as isostrychnine, isobrucine, strychnine N-Oxide, brucine N oxide, and reduced level of the loganic acid content of the seeds.
This medicine contains Nux Vomica. It affects the brain, and heart. Therefore, it is highly recommended to take this medicine with due caution, and UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION ONLY. This page is intended to give you the correct information about this medicine. Do not use this information to self-diagnose, and self-medicate. It is always better to start with a low dose. Do check the list of ingredients, and their side effects.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as:
- What is Zandu Vishtinduk Vati?
- What are the ingredients present in Zandu Vishtinduk Vati?
- What are the uses of Zandu Vishtinduk Vati?
- What are the side-effects of Zandu Vishtinduk Vati?
- When not to take Zandu Vishtinduk Vati?
- What are the possible drug interactions?
- What are the warnings, and suggestions?
- Manufacturer: Zandu Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
- Availability: Online, and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Nervine Disorders, Sciatica, Lumbago, and Chronic Vata Roga
- Use in Pregnancy: UNSAFE, Do not take.
- Dosha Effect: Vata-Kapha Reducing, and Pitta Increasing.
Zandu Vishtinduk Vati 40 tablets – Rupees 28.00
Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Composition
Ingredients present in Each are given 65 mg tablet is given below:
- Strichnus Nux-vomica / Karmakar / Vishtinduk / Visamusti Churna (65 mg)
- Rajat Vark Silver QS
Know the Ingredients
Vishamushti, Kuchla, Nux Vomica, Poison Nut, Semen Strychnos, or Strychnos nux-vomica, is useful in improving digestion, and removal of toxic substances. It also strengthens the nervous system, and muscular coordination, thereby helps in strengthening of muscles, joints, and bones.
It alleviates Vata, and pain, and because of its sharpness, it stimulates, and strengthens nerves. Useful in vata disorders like neuralgia, facial palsy, hemiplegia, insomnia. Being bitter, and pungent, it is a good appetizer, digestive, and astringent. Dribbling of the urine due to atonicity of the bladder is corrected by it. It cures the laxity of the body tissue.
Kuchila Seeds are nervine, stomachic, and cardio-tonic, aphrodisiac, and respiratory stimulant. It is used as a remedy in chronic dysentery, paralytic, and neuralgic disorders, epilepsy, rheumatic arthritis, and hydrophobia.
In excessive doses, Strychnos is a virulent poison, producing stiffness of muscles, and convulsions, ultimately leading to death. Strychnos nux-vomica Linn. has stimulating effects on respiratory, and vasomotor centers. It has a direct depressant effect on the heart, and inhibits the release of acetylcholine. It acts on the cerebral cortex, and peripheral nerves, and shows marked hyperactivity. It is Toxic. Poisoning can generate anxiety, backache, enhanced reflexes, equilibrium disorders, heightened sensory perception, pain, and stiff neck, then convulsions, dyspnea, and twitching.
Large doses of nux vomica cause tetanic convulsions, and eventually death results. Even with safe doses, there may be some mental derangement. Long-term intake strychnine can cause liver damage.
In the case of toxic symptoms of Strychnos nux-vomica, a leaf paste of Abrus precatorius along with gruel of arrowroot (Maranta arundinacea) powder is given.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Zandu Vishtinduk Vati
- Deepana: Promote appetite but do not aid in digesting undigested food.
- Kapha-Vata har: Remover of the Humor of Kapha-Vata.
- Svedana: promote the secretion of perspiration
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase sexual power
- Vatahara: Pacifies Vata Dosha
- Vishaghna: Poison-destroying.
Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Biomedical Action
- Abortifacient: Induces abortion.
- Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucous from the body.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Decongestant: Used to relieve nasal congestion.
- Diaphoretic: Promote sweating.
- Emmenagogue: Stimulates or increases menstrual flow.
- Expectorant: Promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages, used to treat coughs.
- Hypertensive: Blood pressure increasing.
- Nervine: tonic for nerve.
- Stimulant: Raises levels of physiological or nervous activity in the body.
Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Health Benefits
- It gives relief in constipation.
- It gives relief in nerve pain, and nerve disorders.
- It gives strength to muscles.
- It has stimulant action of the body organs.
- It improves appetite.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It is a nerve tonic.
- It is beneficial in nerves weakness due to opium addiction.
- It is heating in action, and reduces cough.
- It is a nervine tonic.
- It is useful in serious chronic Vata roga such as paralysis, facial paralysis, lumbago, arthritis, and sciatica.
- It supports better digestion due to Pitta vardhak action.
- It supports better libido, and sexual performance.
Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Therapeutic Uses
Vishtinduk Vati has nervine, stomachic, and cardio-tonic, aphrodisiac, and respiratory stimulant action. It is used as a remedy in chronic vata roga, chronic dysentery, paralytic, and neuralgic disorders, epilepsy, rheumatic arthritis, and hydrophobia.
Please Note: Nux Vomica containing medicines should be used taken only for 1-2 weeks.
- Chronic Vata Disease
- Ed Erectile dysfunction, impotence
- Facial Paralysis
- Intestinal Colic
- local Paralysis
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Lung disease
- Muscle weakness
- Muscular Pain
- Nervine weakness
- Neurotic affections
- Opium addiction
- Pain in joints
- Parkinson’s disease
- Sexual Debility of Males
Zandu Vishtinduk Vati Dosage
The medicine must be taken in the lowest dose, and only for 1 to 2 weeks. If necessary, take medicine after a gap of 1-2 months for 1-2 weeks ONLY. The treatment in such a manner can be done 3-4 times.
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 2 to 4 tablets.
- It can be taken once or twice a day after the meal.
- It is to be taken with milk, butter or ghee.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
- This medicine is not suitable for the long term use.
- Take ONLY after consulting doctor.
- It is a prescription drug.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Do check the list of ingredients, and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- If symptoms do not improve or worsen, consult a doctor.
- It must not be used in the liver diseases, kidney diseases, and urine retention.
- It should not be used in hypertension.
- It must not be used in the high fever.
- It is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Nasal hemorrhages
- Acute flatulence
- Burning urination
- Urinary incontinence
- Inflammation of the urethra
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug, and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.
Side-effects of Zandu Vishtinduk Vati
- Larger doses of Strychnine are known to be lethal.
- It can increase blood pressure, heart rate, and heart contractions.
- It can cause hyperacidity.
- It can cause giddiness or dizziness.
- Extensive use causes nervous disability, paralysis & weakness of limbs.
- Do check the list of ingredients, and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Store in a cool, and dry place in a tightly closed container, protected from light, and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight, and reach of children.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.
FAQs About Vishtinduk Vati
Is it safe to take Vishtinduk Vati?
It is safe to take Vishtinduk Vati ONLY when prescribed by Ayurvedic Doctor. It is a prescription drug, and must not be used without consulting doctor.
What is the Chief Indication of Vishtinduk Vati?
The most common use of this medicine is for Chronic Vata Roga.
What is Effect on Vata-Pitta or Kapha?
- Vata Reducing.
- Pitta Increasing.
- Kapha Reducing.
Does it contain non-herbal ingredients?
How long can I take this medicine?
You may take it for 1-2 weeks ONLY.
What is the Best time to take Vishtinduk Vati?
It should be taken after the meal. Try to take at the same time daily.
Is Vishtinduk Vati a habit-forming medicine?
Is it safe to drive while taking Vishtinduk Vati?
If a person feels side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension, headache, or any symptoms affecting mental alertness, he or she must not drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I take it during periods?
It can be taken. Avoid during periods, if you feel any effect on bleeding pattern.
Can I take it during pregnancy?
No, it is UNSAFE to use Nux Vomica during pregnancy.
Can a diabetic person take it?
Yes, if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I give it to children?
What happens in case of an overdose?
It is UNSAFE in a larger dose, immediately consult a doctor.
When to consume Vishtinduk Vati, empty stomach, before food or after food?
It should be taken after food.