Table of Contents
Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati is Ayurevdic medicine containing Shuddha Kuchla, Black Pepper, Tamarind seeds and Supari. The main indication of this medicine is nerve pain, mascular pain and paralysis. It is also beneficial in abdominal pain, constipation, ED, Opium addiction (causing dysfuction of motor nerves), Chronic Vata Roga, parkinson’s disease, scatica etc.
Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati has ervine tonic, digestive stimulant, aphrodisiac and stimulant (excites the functions of an organ) properties.
Vishtindukadi Vati contains Vishtinduk. Vishtinduk is also known as Kuchela, Kuchila, Vindu, Tinduka, Karaskara, Ramyaphala, Kupaka, Kalkuta, Visamushtika, Kupilu, Vishamushti, Vishatinduka and Nux-vomica. Nux Vomica is Vish or Poison. It contains 2 active alkaloids (Strychnine & Brucine), which are highly poisonous. The seeds are extremely poisonous affecting the nervous and muscular systems causing tetanic convulsions and death. In small doses, it is given for paralytic and neuralgic affections, diarrhoea, dysentery and debility of the spinal system.
In Ayurveda, the seeds of plant are used only after Shodhanato get Shuddha Kuchala. Detoxification or Shodhan of Kupilu seeds brings chemical changes causing N-oxidation and conversion of Strychnine and brucine into less toxic derivations as isostrychnine, isobrucine, strychnine N-Oxide, brucine N oxide and reduced level of loganic acid content of the seeds.
This medicine contains Nux Vomica. It affects brain and heart. Therefore, it is highly recommended to take this medicine with due caution and UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION ONLY. This page is intended to give you correct information about this medicine. Do not use this information to self-diagnose and self-medicate. It is always better to start with low dose. Do check the list of ingredients and their side effects.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as:
- What is Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
- What are the ingredients present in Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
- What are the uses of Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
- What are the side-effects of Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
- When not to take Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
- What are possible drug interatcion?
- What are warnings and suggestions?
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Divya Pharmacy
- Synonyms: Divya Vishtindukadi Vati
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Chronic Vata Roga
- Dosha Effect: Vata Kapha Reducing, Pitta Increasing.
- MRP/Price: 80 tablets 20 gram @ Rs. 37.00
Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
- Sudha Kuchla
- Kali Marich
- Imli Beej
Know the Ingredients
Vishamushti, Kuchla, Nux Vomica, Poison Nut, Semen Strychnos, or Strychnos nux-vomica, is useful in improving digestion and removal of toxic substances. It also strengthens the nervous system and muscular coordination, thereby helps in strengthening of muscles, joints and bones.
It alleviates Vata and pain and because of its sharpness, it stimulates and strengthens nerves. Useful in vata disorders like neuralgia, facial palsy, hemiplegia, insomnia. Being bitter and pungent, it is a good appetizer, digestive and astringent. Dribbling of the urine due to atonicity of bladder is corrected by it. It cures the laxity of body tissue.
Kuchila Seeds are nervine, stomachic, and cardio-tonic, aphrodisiac, and respiratory stimulant. It is used as a remedy in chronic dysentery, paralytic and neuralgic disorders, epilepsy, rheumatic arthritis, and hydrophobia.
In excessive doses, Strychnos is a virulent poison, producing stiffness of muscles and convulsions, ultimately leading to death. Strychnos nux-vomica Linn. has stimulating effects on respiratory and vasomotor centers. It has direct depressant effect on the heart and inhibits the release of acetylcholine. It acts on cerebral cortex and peripheral nerves and show marked hyperactivity. It is Toxic. Poisoning can generate anxiety, backache, enhanced reflexes, equilibrium disorders, heightened sense perception, pain, and stiff neck, then convulsions, dyspnea, and twitching.
Large doses of nux vomica cause tetanic convulsions and eventually death results. Even with safe doses there may be some mental derangement. Long-term intake strychnine can cause liver damage.
In the case of toxic symptoms of Strychnos nux-vomica, a leaf paste of Abrus precatorius along with gruel of arrow root (Maranta arundinacea) powder is given.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- Deepana: Promote appetite but do not aid in digesting undigested food.
- Kapha-Vata har: Remover of the Humor of Kapha-Vata.
- Svedana: promote the secretion of perspiration
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase the sexual power
- Vatahara: Pacifies Vata Dosha
- Vishaghna: Poison-destroying.
- Abortifacient: Induces abortion.
- Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucous from the body.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Decongestant: Used to relieve nasal congestion.
- Diaphoretic: Promote sweating.
- Emmenagogue: Stimulates or increases menstrual flow.
- Expectorant: Promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages, used to treat coughs.
- Hypertensive: Blood pressure increasing.
- Nervine: tonic for nerve.
- Stimulant: Raises levels of physiological or nervous activity in the body.
Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati Health Benefits
- It gives relief in constipation.
- It gives strength to muscles.
- It has stimulant action of body organs.
- It improves appetite.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It is beneficial in nerves weakness due to opium addiction.
- It is heating in action and reduces cough.
- It is nervine tonic.
- It is useful in serious chronic Vata roga such as paralysis, facial paralysis, lumbago, arthritis and sciatica.
- It supports better digestion due to pitta vardhak action.
- It supports better libido and sexual performance.
Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati Therapeutic Uses
Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati has nervine, stomachic, and cardio-tonic, aphrodisiac, and respiratory stimulant action. It is used as a remedy in chronic vata roga, chronic dysentery, paralytic and neuralgic disorders, epilepsy, rheumatic arthritis, and hydrophobia.
Please Note: Nux Vomica containing medicines should be used taken only for 1-2 weeks.
- Chronic Vata Disease
- Ed Erectile dysfunction, impotence
- Facial Paralysis
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Lung disease
- Muscle weakness
- Muscular Pain
- Nervine weakness
- Opium addiction
- Pain in joints
- Parkinson’s disease
Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati Dosage
The medicine must be taken in lowest dose and only for 1 to 2 weeks. If necessary, take medicine after gap of 1-2 months for 1-2 weeks ONLY. The treatment in such manner can be done 3-4 times.
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 tablet.
- It can be taken once or twice a day after meal.
- It is to be taken with milk, butter or ghee.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
- This medicine is not suitable for long term use.
- Take ONLY after consulting doctor.
- It is prescription drug.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- If symptoms do not improve or worsen, consult doctor.
Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
- Larger doses of Strychnine are known to be lethal.
- It can increase blood pressure, heart rate and heart contractions.
- It can cause hyperacidity.
- It can cause giddiness or dizziness.
- Extensive use causes nervous disability, paralysis & weakness of limbs.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.
FAQs About Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati
Is it safe to take Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
It is safe to take Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati ONLY when prescribed by Ayurvedic Doctor. It is prescription drug and must not be used without consulting doctor.
What is the Chief Indication of Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
The most common use of this medicine is for Chronic Vata Roga.
What is Effect on Vata-Pitta or Kapha?
- Vata Reducing.
- Pitta Increasing.
- Kapha Reducing.
Does it contain non-herbal ingredients?
How long can I take this medicine?
You may take it for 1-2 weeks ONLY.
What is the Best time to take Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
It should be taken after meal. Try to take at same time daily.
Is Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati a habit-forming medicine?
Is it safe to drive while taking Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati?
If a person feels side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension, headache, or any symptoms affecting mental alertness, he or she must not drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I take it during periods?
It can be taken. Avoid during periods, if you feel any effect on bleeding pattern.
Can I take it during pregnancy?
No, it is UNSAFE to use Nux Vomica during pregnancy.
Can a diabetic person take it?
Yes, if prescribed by doctor.
Can I give it to children?
What happens in case of overdose?
It is UNSAFE in larger dose, immediately consult doctor.
When to consume Patanjali Vishtindukadi Vati, empty stomach, before food or after food?
It should be taken after food.