Table of Contents
Patanjali Divya Badam Pak is sweet preparation containing Badam or almonds, and other spices, and herbs. It is an ayurvedic food supplement. It is a general tonic that gives energy, and improves mental as well as physical endurance. It is also helpful in reducing the risk of common viral, and bacterial infections.
Patanjali Divya Badam Pak contains 70 % sugar, 20 % almonds, and 10 % spices. It is a very sweet preparation.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Ayurvedic Pvt. Ltd.
- Availability: Online, and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Nutritive tonic
- Main Indication: Tonic, Health supplement
- Not Suitable for: Diabetics, a person on a low sugar diet, obesity
- MRP/Price: 1 Jar 250 grams @ Rs 130.00
Patanjali Badam Pak Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 10 gram contains:
- Cheeni Sugar Saccharum Officine 6.6 gram
- Mishri Cane Sugar 20 mg
- Badam Almonds Prunus Amygdalus 2.2 gram
- Desi Ghee 0.88 gram
- Vidarikand Indian Kudzu Pueraria Tuberosa 20 mg
- Laung Clove Syzygium Aromaticum 20 mg
- Javitri Mace Myristica Fragrans 20 mg
- Jaiphal Nutmeg Myristica Fragrans 20 mg
- Vanshlochan Bamboo Manna Bambusa Arundinacea 20 mg
- Kamal Gatta Lotus Seed Nelumbium Speciosum 20 mg
- Dalchini Cinnamon Cinnamomum Zeylanicum 20 mg
- Elaichi Green Cardamom Elettaria Cardamomum 20 mg
- Sonth dried ginger Zingiber Officinale 20 mg
- Kali Mirch Black Pepper Piper Nigrum 20 mg
- Pippali Long Pepper Piper Longum 20 mg
- Kaunch Giri Mucuna Pruriens 20 mg
- Safed Musli Chlorophytum borivillianum 20 mg
- Mukta Shukti Bhasma 20 mg
- Keshar 2 mg
About the Ingredients
Prunus amygdalus is known as Badam, and Almonds. Its tree is found in temperate reasons with dry summer. It is cultivated in Kashmir (India) Baluchistan (Pakistan), Afghanistan, Iran, Cyprus, Turkey, Spain, and California.
Almonds provide nutrition, and vital energy to the body. It has 58.9% fat, 20.8% protein, 2.9% minerals, mainly calcium, phosphorus, and iron. Other constituents are oxalic acid, vitamin B, and folic acid. It is one of the richest sources of vitamin E. It has a high concentration of glutamic acid, arginine, asparagine, and aspartic acid.
Almond reduces Pitta, and Vata. It is oily, and is good for the skin. Almond is used to curing debility, wasting diseases, emaciation, anemia, and as a revitalizing tonic. It has a nutritive, nervine, aphrodisiac, demulcent, laxative, rejuvenative properties. It promotes good health, strength, and semen. Almonds are nutritive for the brain, and nervous system, and improve eyesight.
Kesar (Keshar, Saffron, Zafran) consists of the dried ends of the styles with their attached stigmas. It is a stimulant, anti-spasmodic, and emmenagogue. It is used for fevers, and enlargement of the liver. It is valuable for catarrhal ailments of children.
Nutmeg or Jaiphal/Jaifal is traditionally used in the treatment of diarrhea. It has an anti-enterotoxic activity which means it is effective against organisms producing a toxin specific for cells of the intestinal mucosa. It is carminative, and gives relief in pain, abdominal swelling, indigestion, and diarrhea.
Mace or Javitri is used in Ayurveda for treating chronic intestinal disorders, fever, cholera, and intestinal worms. It is aromatic, anthelmintic, appetizer, anti-emetic, and carminative.
Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivillianum) is nutritive Tonic, aphrodisiac, rejuvenator, antioxidant, and Immunomodulator.
Kevanch, Mucuna prurita, Kapikacchu, Markati, Kewanch, Kaunch or Cowhage is the seed kernel obtained from an extensive climbing plant found almost all over the country. In Ayurveda, it is used in the treatment of a variety of diseases including Kapha Vikar, Vata-Vikar, debility, and nerves weakness. Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). It is used to improve sexual function, and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary, and gonadal axis. It reduces stress. Mucuna seed powder helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality, and acts as a restorative, and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac.
Trikatu is a combination of dry ginger, black pepper, and long pepper (Sonth + Pippali + Kali Mirch). It is effective for burning ama (metabolic waste, and toxins) which is the prime cause of all disease. It supports better digestion, and cures constipation. It stimulates the liver to secrete bile which is vital for fat digestion, and absorption. It also balances Kapha.
Dalchini (bark Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Ela (seeds of Elettaria cardamomum), Tejpatta (leaves of Cinnamomum Tamala) helps for improving appetite, promoting digestion, curing hepatic, and renal disorders. These spices have Ruksha, Teekshna, Laghu And Ushna Veerya.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Badaam Pak
- Balya: Increases strength
- Dahashamak: Gives relief in the burning sensation
- Rasayana: Tonic medicine, cures body, and mental diseases, delay old age, increase mental power, generating power, vital energy, eyesight, impart intelligence, memory, aid proper digestion, and clear complexion
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase sexual power
- Vrishya: Increases the quantity of semen
Biomedical Action of Badaam Pak
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals, and other substances.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Nervine sedative: Nerve Tonic, calms nerves.
- Nervine: Tonifying effect on the nervous system.
- Nootropic: Enhance memory or other cognitive functions.
- Nutritive: Providing nourishment, nutritious.
- Spermatogenic: Promotes process in which spermatozoa are produced from spermatogonial stem cells.
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Badam Pak Health Benefits
- It boosts immunity.
- It contains Almond which is well-known for improving brain functions such as memory, retention, and concentration.
- It gives strength to the mind, and body.
- It improves the quality, and quantity of semen.
- It is a Tonic, and helps to improve overall wellbeing.
- It is good for the skin.
- It nourishes the body, and gives strength to the nervous system.
- It strengthens the male urogenital system.
Badam Pak Therapeutic Uses
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Bile related problems
- Dementia, forgetfulness
- Diseases of the head (Chronic headache, migraine, headache due to mental work)
- Dryness in the body
- Eye diseases
- General weakness
- Impotency, nervous weakness, premature ejaculation, sperms problems
- Improving cognitive function, memory, and retention
- Loss of energy
- Low energy
- Low weight
- Memory weakness
- Mental exhaustion
- Mental weaknesses
- Physical debility
- Stress, fatigue of brain
- Tonic for the mind, and body
- Weakness of eyesight
Patanjali Badam Pak Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 10 grams.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning, and evening.
- It is to be taken with a glass of milk.
- It can be consumed by children, youth, the aged, men, and women, with or without milk.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
- It contains ghee, and sugar.
- It contains a high amount of Sugar. The amount of sugar in 10 grams is approximately 7 grams. So, if you are eating 20 grams of Badam Pak, you are eating 14 grams of sugar.
- Almond should be consumed as per the digestive power of an individual.
- During its consumption, if there is a loss of appetite or any other stomach trouble, then the quantity of medicine should be reduced.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Do check the list of ingredients, and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- If symptoms do not improve or worsen, consult a doctor.
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
- It contains sugar, hence should not be consumed by a diabetic person.
There is no known drug interaction.
Side-effects of Patanjali Badam Pak
There are no known side-effects for this medicine.
- Do check the list of ingredients, and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Store in a cool, and dry place in a tightly closed container, protected from light, and moisture.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.
FAQs About Patanjali Badam Pak
Is it safe to take Patanjali Badam Pak?
Yes, it is safe to take Patanjali Badam Pak in the recommended dosage.
What is the Chief Indication of Patanjali Badam Pak?
Physical debility, memory weakness, low appetite.
What is Effect on Vata-Pitta or Kapha?
Does it contain non-herbal ingredients?
Yes, Mukta Shukti Bhasma. Mukta Shukti (pearl-oyster) is the source of pearl. It has Hridyaroganashara (Heart disease), Shoolhara (Pain), Kasahara
(Cough), Snayurogahara (Ligament disease), Jwarahara (Fever), Raktarogahara (Disease of blood) action, and used in Agnimandhya (Digestive impairment), Aruchi (Tastelessness), and as antacid, anti-pyretic, and as a source of calcium.
How long can I take this medicine?
As it contains a high amount of sugar (70 %), it is not suitable for the long term use.
What is the Best time to take Patanjali Badam Pak?
It should be taken before the meal. Try to take at the same time daily.
Is Patanjali Badam Pak a habit-forming medicine?
Is it safe to drive while taking Patanjali Badam Pak?
Can I take it during periods?
Can a diabetic person take it?
Can I give it to children?
For children above the age of 7, you may give this medicine in a lower dose.