Table of Contents
Ural Syrup is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Vasu Healthcare pharmaceuticals. This medicine has diuretic, anti-inflammatory and alkalizing action and used in treatment of urinary tract infection. Vasu Ural Syrup controls urinary acid content and also flush out pus-cells.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Vasu Healthcare pharmaceuticals, Vadodara, Gujarat. It is a check mate for urinary problems.
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Urinary problems
- MRP/Price: VASU URAL syrup 100ml @ Rs. 70.00
Ingredients of Ural Syrup
- Bergenia ligulata – Pashanabheda 300 mg
- Tribulus terrestris – Gokhru 300 mg
- Crataeva nurvala – Varuna 200 mg
- Boerhavia diffusa – Punarnava 200 mg
- Dolichos bifloru – Kulattha 50 mg
- Smilax china – Chobchini 50 mg
- Sodium bicarbonates – 50 mg
- Potassium carbonates – Yavakeshar 50 mg
- Radish 50 mg
- Black salt – Kala namak 10 mg
- Asafoetida – Hing 10 mg
- Hazrul Yahud bhasma 80 mg
- Tankana Bhasma and Chandraprabha vati
Know the Ingredients
Pashanbheda breaks stones or calculi (Pashan is stone and bheda means to break, in Sanskrit) due to its diuretic and lithotriptic (dissolving or destroying stone in the bladder or kidneys) activities. It is used in Ayurveda and Unani system of medicine for treatment of many diseases especially for urinary stones.
Varuna (Crataeva nurvala–Cortex), bark is well-known and effective diuretic. It is primarily used to remove stones from urinary path, benign prostatic hyperplasia, cystitis, interstitial cystitis and chronic urinary tract infections. It is also used for other urinary symptoms with urinary incontinence, enuresis, hypotonic, atonic and neurogenic bladder.
Varuna is bitter, sweet, astringent in Taste/RASA, Heating in Potency/VIRYA, Dry and Light in Quality/GUNA, and Pungent after Digestion/VIPAK. Baruna is Dipana, Anulomna, Ashmarighna, and Mutral. It mainly acts on digestive, excretory, circulatory and urinary system. The bark intake as medicine clears inflamed lymphatic nodes, especially in the neck. It also helps to clear fatty deposits from the blood and to reduce lipid cells
Gokhru, Gokhura, Gokshuru, Gochurak, Trikantaka (Sanskrit), Caltrops, Puncture vine (English), Nerunchi Mul (Siddha) all are synonyms of Tribulus terrestris (Fam. Zygophyllaceae). It is cooling, diuretic, tonic and aphrodisiac, Improves muscle building, stamina and endurance.
Gokhru is bitter, sweet in Taste/RASA, Cooling in Potency/VIRYA, Heavy and Unctuous in Quality/GUNA, and Sweet after Digestion/VIPAK. It mainly acts on Urinary, nerve, reproductive and respiratory system. It is Diuretic, lithotriptic, aphrodisiac, reproductive tonic, nervine, antispasmodic, anabolic and alterative. Gokhru contains Potassium nitrate, Tribuloside, Saponins, Aspartic and glutamic acids.
Gokshura is specific herb used for treating prostate problems, urinary retention or obstructed urinary flow. Gokhru should be taken cautiously with antipsychotic drugs as It increases the breaking down of the medication in the digestive system, thus reducing the effectiveness of the drug.
Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) is bitter, cooling and pungent. It acts on plasma, blood, muscles, fat, nerves and reproductive organs and possess significant anti-inflammatory, laxative and diuretic action along with stomachic, expectorant, rejuvenative, diaphoretic and emetic properties. It is one of the best herb used for diseases of liver and kidney. Punarnava is diuretic and decreases urinary albumin, urinary protein excretion and specific gravity. It is also a urinary antiseptic. The root decoction is recommended for the treatment of urolithiasis.
Kulthi or horse gram is used in treatment of inflamed joints, fever, musculoskeletal disorder, breast milk purifier, sinus wounds, tumours, ascites and kidney stone. It has diuretic and antilithiatic properties. It is clinically established that decoction of Kulthi dal breaks the urinary stones into small particles and thus expels stones from body.
Sarjikakshara is obtained from the ashes of Chenopodiaceous plants and contains 25% of Sodium carbonate. It has antacid, alterative and diuretic action and is given as an efficient remedy in urinary diseases, uric acid, gravel and suppression of urine. Sarjika kshara or Sajji khar has properties generally like those of Yavakshara, but inferior to it.
Yavakshara, Shora, or Potassii carbonasn is obtained from Yava or barley. Yavakshara is Katu (Pungent) Rasa in taste and Katu Vipak, Ushna Virya, Vata, Kaphaghna in action and treatment of bladder pains and micturition problems.
Benefits of Ural Syrup
- It contains alkalizing agents like Sajikshar, Tankankshar Mulika and Javakshar.
- It controls urinary acid content and also flush out pus-cells.
- It has alkalizing action.
- It is effective medicine to control urinary tract infections.
- It ha Lithotryptic action breaks down stones into gravel.
- It promotes diuresis.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Ural Syrup
- Urolithiasis, Urinary Stone: Formation of calculi in the urinary tract.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) /Burning Micturition: UTI is an infection in any part of urinary system ie kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra causing pain or burning sensation when urinating, Nausea and vomiting, Muscle aches and abdominal pains.
- Crystalluria: Presence of crystals in urine, causing irritation of the kidney. Adequate intake of alkali can prevent it.
Dosage of Ural Syrup
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1-2 teaspoon.
- It should be taken twice or thrice a day.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Drink water in adequate amount to avoid dehydration.
- Take balanced diet.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- This medicine contains many diuretic herbs which can all increase the frequency and volume of urine. Diuretics may cause increased hypotension when taken with antihypertensive drugs.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.