Table of Contents
Charak Prosteez is herbomineral proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Charak Pharma. It is indicated in BPH and Prostatitis.
An open-label, non-comparative, multi-centric study conducted on Prosteez, concluded that Prosteez tablet significantly reduced serum prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels (16%), residual urine volume (32%) and prostate volume (12.6%). The symptoms scores as per AUA-SI (American Urological Association – Symptom Index) showed a reduction of 18.6%. There were no adverse events reported by any patients and all the laboratory indices remained unaffected by Prosteez tablet.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as indication/therapeutic uses, Key Ingredients and dosage in Hindi language.
- Manufacturer: Charak Pharma:
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: BPH (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia)
- Suitable for: Males Only
- MRP/Price: 20 tablets @ ₹114.00
Ingredients of Charak Prosteez
- Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) 75 mg
- Kankola (Piper cubeba) 50 mg
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) 100 mg
- Triphala 100 mg
- Varun (Crataeva Nurvala) 200 mg
- Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) 200 mg
- Soya (Glycine soja) 200 mg
- Kanchanar (Bauhinia variegata) 250 mg
- Yashad Bhasma 10 mg
- Shilajit Shuddha 25 mg
Kachnar, Koilar, Guiral, Padrian, Kaniar or Bauhinia variegata is a medium-sized deciduous tree. In Ayurveda, Kanchanara refers to the dried stem bark of the tree. Kanchanar (Bauhinia variegata) is astringent, bitter in Taste/RASA, Cooling in Potency/VIRYA, Dry and Light in Quality/GUNA, and Pungent after Digestion/VIPAK. It is astringent in action and treats diarrhea and dysentery. Due to its haemostatic qualities help to stop bleeding.
Kanchanar should not be taken in constipation as it may worsen the condition. When taken in excess it may cause vomiting.
Varuna (Crataeva nurvala–Cortex), bark is well-known and effective diuretic. It is primarily used to remove stones from urinary path, benign prostatic hyperplasia, cystitis, interstitial cystitis and chronic urinary tract infections. It is also used for other urinary symptoms with urinary incontinence, enuresis, hypotonic, atonic and neurogenic bladder.
Varuna is bitter, sweet, astringent in Taste/RASA, Heating in Potency/VIRYA, Dry and Light in Quality/GUNA, and Pungent after Digestion/VIPAK. Baruna is Dipana, Anulomna, Ashmarighna, and Mutral. It mainly acts on digestive, excretory, circulatory and urinary system. The bark intake as medicine clears inflamed lymphatic nodes, especially in the neck. It also helps to clear fatty deposits from the blood and to reduce lipid cells
Gokhru, Gokhura, Gokshuru, Gochurak, Trikantaka (Sanskrit), Caltrops, Puncture vine (English), Nerunchi Mul (Siddha) all are synonyms of Tribulus terrestris (Fam. Zygophyllaceae). It is cooling, diuretic, tonic and aphrodisiac, Improves muscle building, stamina and endurance.
Gokhru is bitter, sweet in Taste/RASA, Cooling in Potency/VIRYA, Heavy and Unctuous in Quality/GUNA, and Sweet after Digestion/VIPAK. It mainly acts on Urinary, nerve, reproductive and respiratory system. It is Diuretic, lithotriptic, aphrodisiac, reproductive tonic, nervine, antispasmodic, anabolic and alterative. Gokhru contains Potassium nitrate, Tribuloside, Saponins, Aspartic and glutamic acids.
Gokshura is specific herb used for treating prostate problems, urinary retention or obstructed urinary flow. Gokhru should be taken cautiously with antipsychotic drugs as It increases the breaking down of the medication in the digestive system, thus reducing the effectiveness of the drug.
Asphaltum refers to Shilajeet / Shilajatu / Shilajit. Shilajit, a popular ingredient in several Ayurvedic preparations. It is made of decomposed centuries old plants and rocks under pressure. In Ayurveda, it is considered a medicine which has ability to cure every disease. It is highly condensed minerals and amino acid. It slows ageing and degeneration.
Shilajita should not be used in high uric acid levels or heavy and hot potency foods.
Triphala is combination of Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki and used extensively in Ayurveda for treatment of digestive diseases. It is a tonic for whole body. It has been used in various gastric disorders including intestinal inflammation. It contains vitamin C, linoleic oil, phospholipids and other important nutrients. It is rich source of tannins, which is known to affect the integrity of mucus membrane. Tannins with their protein precipitating and vasoconstriction effects could be advantageous in preventing ulcer development. It is a Rasayana drug and used for detoxifying and tonifying the body.
Saw palmetto or Serenoa repens, is also known as American dwarf palm, Sabal or Serenoa. It is a palm and the fruits are of medicinal importance. Saw palmetto fruits are used to treat the urological symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. It has also been used as a diuretic, a sedative, an endocrine agent, an antiseptic. Saw palmetto may interact with anticoagulant medicines and may increase risk of bleeding. Anticoagulant are those agents which reduce the coagulation of blood.
Benefits of Charak Prosteez
- It soothes the urinary tract membranes and promotes urination.
- It gives relief in urinary problems, retention of urine, stones and dysuria.
- It tonify the kidneys.
- It helps in oedema and fluid retention.
- It enhances immunity.
- This combination gives relief glandular
- swellings especially in the lymphatic system.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Charak Prosteez
BPH (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia)
Prostatitis (Non-infectious inflammation of prostate) Category 3
What is Benign Prostate Hyperplasia?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia, Benign prostatic hypertrophy, Benign prostatic obstruction or BPH is a condition in men in which the prostate gland gets enlarged. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is the most common prostate problem for men older than age 50.
Enlarged prostrate, presses against and pinches the urethra. The narrowing of the urethra and urinary retention—the inability to empty the bladder completely—cause many of the problems associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Dosage of Charak Prosteez
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 2 tablets.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Drink water in adequate amount to avoid dehydration.
- Take balanced diet.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The results show after continues intake for 4-6 weeks.
- This medicine contains many diuretic herbs which can all increase the frequency and volume of urine. Diuretics may cause increased hypotension when taken with antihypertensive drugs.
- It increases dryness in body.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.