Table of Contents
Trasina Capsule is Ayurvedic medicine from Dey’s Medical Stores. This is an herbal supplement containing Tulsi or holy basil, Ashwagandha, Shilajit, Guduchi, Katuka and Bhringraj. Guduchi 10 mg, Katuka 10 mg and Bhringraj 10 mg. It has significant antioxidant action. It improves body immunity and helps in various ailments.
This combination is an antioxidant that protects body against free radical induced oxidative damage. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Dey’s Medical Stores
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Not Suitable for: Pregnant women
- Srotas / Channel: Respiratory, digestive, nervous, circulatory, urinary
- Dhatu (tissue): Plasma, Blood, Nerve, Reproductive, Respiratory, Digestive, Nervous, Circulatory, Urinary
- MRP/Price: Trasina 10 Capsules @ Rs. 25
Trasina Capsule Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each Capsule Contains
- Ashwagandha 60 mg
- Tulsi 190 mg
- Shilajeet 20 mg
- Giloy 10 mg
- Katuka 10 mg
- Bhringraj 10 mg
- As preservative Sodium Benzoate
Know the Ingredients of Trasina Capsule
Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) stimulates digestion, and cures obstinate skin diseases including leprosy, dysuria, vitiation of blood and pain in the sides of chest. It alleviates Kapha and Vata. It also cures poisoning, parasitic infection, vomiting, svasa (asthma), piles and pain in eyes.
Tulsi is bitter and pungent in taste (Rasa), pungent after digestion (Vipaka), and is hot in effect (Virya). It is an Ushna Virya herb. Ushna Virya or hot potency herb, subdues Vata (Wind) and Kapha (Mucus) and increases Pitta (Bile). It has property of digestion, vomiting and purging, and gives feeling of lightness. It is considered bad for sperms and fetus.
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Laghu (Light), Ruksha (Dry)
- Virya (Action): Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Katu (Pungent)
Tulsi is heating but it is given in treatment of fever as it therapeutically clear heat and reduce fever through diaphoresis.
Ashwagandha is sedative, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and generally indicated for increasing energy, endurance, and acts as an-adaptogen that exerts a strong immunostimulatory and anti- stress agent.
In Ayurveda, Ashwagandha is indicated for cold and coughs, ulcers, emaciation, diabetes, conjunctivitis, epilepsy, insomnia, senile dementia, leprosy, Parkinson’s disease, nervous disorders, rheumatism, arthritis, intestinal infections, bronchitis, asthma, impotence and a suppressant in HIV/AIDS patients.
Ashwagandha promotes stronger immune system, physical strength, lustrous complexion, clarity of mind and sense of Well-being.
High dosages of alkaloids from Withania exhibit prolonged hypotensive, bradycardiac and respiratory stimulant actions, may also have depressant effect on higher cerebral centers; sedative effects have also been demonstrated.
Use Ashwagandha with caution in peptic ulcer disease as it may cause gastrointestinal irritation. People who are sensitive to the Solanaceae family should use this herb with caution. It should not be used in high uric acid count.
Guduchi, Giloy, Gurch, Amrita, Amritavalli, Madhuparni, Guduchika, Chinnobhava, Vatsadani, Tantrika, Kundalini, Chakralakshanika are Ayurvedic synonyms of Tinospora cordifolia. It is also known as Garo, Galac (Gujarati), Thippateega (Telugu),Amrita, Gilo (Kashmiri), Chittamrutu (Malayalam), Guluchi (Oriya), Gilo (Punjabi), Seendal, Seendil Kodi (Tamil), Siddhilata, Amarlata (Assamese). It is a very important and extensively used medicinal herb of Ayurveda.
Tinospora is a climber and for medicinal purpose the stem of plant is used. Guduchi possess immunomodulatory, heptoprotective, hypoglycemic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, adaptogen, anticancer, immunostimulant, and several other medicinal properties.
It is a Rasayana herb and used to treat many diseases such as general debility, fever, diabetes, dyspepsia, urinary infections, jaundice and skin diseases.
Katuka (Synonyms: Picrorhiza kurroa, Tikta, Tiktarohi, Kutki, Katuka rohini, Katuku rohini, Kadugurohini) is a perennial, hairy herb found in north-western Himalayas from Kashmir to Sikkim. The main constituent of the rhizomes is Glucoside (Picrorhizin). The rhizomes of plant are dried and used for medicinal purpose.
It has alterative, bitter, tonic, antibacterial, antiviral, anthelmintic, hepatoprotective, choleretic, spasmolytic, insecticidal and laxative activities.
Traditionally, Picrorhiza is used for constipation, chronic dysentery, scabies, leucoderma, joint pain, chronic asthma, infections, inflammations, coughs, hepatitis, menstrual problems, enteritis, gall bladder complaints, jaundice and hemorrhoids. It works on plasma, blood and muscle tissues.
Kutki pacifies Vata and Pitta and reduces Ama in body. It helps in liver conditions and is considered main herb for jaundice, hepatitis etc. It purges excess pitta from the liver and gall bladder. It protects the liver.
Shilajit is a mineral pitch. It is the exudation of a bituminous substance from the rocks of Himalaya. It is also found in Caucasus Mountains, Altai Mountains and other Asian mountains. It is said to carry the healing power of these great mountains. It is highly condensed mineral and amino acids source. It gives physical, mental and sexual power. The literal meaning of word Shilajit is ‘conqueror of rock’. Another meaning is ‘sweat of the rock’.
Shilajit is anti-ageing, Medhya Rasayan, Yogavahi (enhancer of other drug), antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, aphrodisiac, adaptogen and immunomodulator. It shows effect on every body organ and cures wide variety of diseases. Shilajit Capsule increases strength, stamina, vigour, relieve stress, improve brain functioning, slow ageing, maintain youthfulness and boost fertility. It is especially beneficial for males as it increases testosterone level and improves quality and quantity of sperms.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Trasina Capsule
- Deepan: Enkindles the digestive fire
- Hridya: Beneficial for heart and mind
- Jwarahara: Decreases vega of jwara and reduces the burning sensation.
- Kapha-Vata har: Remover of the Humor of Kapha-Vata.
- Kasahara: Removes cough.
- Pitta vardhak: Increases pitta.
- Shvasahara: Cures asthma.
- Swedana: Removes blockade and heaviness and coldness and causes perspiration.
BIOMEDICAL ACTION of Trasina Capsule
- Adaptogenic: Stabilization of physiological processes and promotion of homeostasis.
- Analgesic: Pain relieving.
- Antibacterial: Active against bacteria.
- Anticancer: Useful in prevention or treatment of cancer.
- Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucous from the body.
- Antidiabetic: Controlling diabetes.
- Antihypertensive: Lower high blood pressure.
- Antimicrobial: Active against microbes.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antipyretic/antifebrile/febrifuge: Effective against fever.
- Anti-viral: Effective against viruses
- Cardioprotective: Prevent damage to heart.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- Immunomodulatory: Modifies the immune response or the functioning of the immune system.
Trasina Capsule Health Benefits
- It removes Kapha and mucus from the lungs and upper respiratory tract.
- It helps in fever of all types.
- It clears toxic Ama that can cause chest infections and fevers.
- It improves awareness and mental clarity.
- It increases circulation through the heart.
- It protects liver.
- It boosts immunity to prevent recurrent infections,
- It is antioxidant and prevent free cell damage.
- It reduces Vata and Kapha but increases Pitta.
Trasina Capsule Therapeutic Uses
- Allergic rhinitis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anxiety, stress, mental illness
- Arthritis, gout
- As a tonic
- Cardiovascular diseases of heart disease
- Cold, cough, congestion
- Common cold, fever, cough
- Diseases of the reproduction and urinary organs
- Hair fall, baldness
- high cholesterol
- Joint inflammation
- Liver disorders, jaundice, hepatitis, liver damage
- Low Immunity Low Immunity, Immunomodulator
- Low libido, coldness for sex
- oxidative stress
- Recurrent infections
- Sexual impairment in men, Male sexual dysfunction
- Skin diseases
- Skin disorders
- Tuberculosis, HIV
- Ulcer ulcers
Trasina Capsule Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1-2 tablets.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses. Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
This medicine can be safely taken for longer duration without any side-effect.
No drug–herb interactions are known.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.