Table of Contents
Arsol Capsule is proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Ban labs. This medicine is useful in Arsha or piles. Piles is also known as hemorrhoid. In medical term, it is defined as pain caused by venous swelling at or inside the anal sphincter. Piles develops due to excessive pressure on anus. This excess pressure in anus develops due to constipation, pregnancy, dethe livery or any other reasons, causes swelling of anal cushions.
It can be internal and external depending on location of hemorrhoids. Internal hemorrhoids are inside anus and External hemorrhoids occur outside the anus. Piles can be due to many reasons such as sitting for the long times, irregular diet, chronic constipation, dry foods, lack of fibre etc. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: BAN Labs
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Hemorrhoids, Anal Fissures and Fistula, First and Second-Degree Piles, Clears Constipation.
- Not Suitable for: Pregnant woman
- MRP/Price: Arsol Capsule Ban Labs 10 capsules @ Rs. 39.70
Arsol Capsule Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each Ban labs Arsol Capsule Contains
- Atish (Aconitum Heterophyllum) Ext 160 mg
- Suran Kand (Amorphophallus Campanulatus) Ext 160 mg
- Reetha Chhal (Sapindus Trifoliatus) 32 mg
- Rasot (Berberis Aristata) 16 mg
- Ghee Kunvar (Aloe Vera) 8 mg
- Vans Kapur (Bambusa Arundinacea) 8 mg
- Sonay (Cassia Angustifolia) 8 mg
- Saunf (Foenniculum Vulveri) 8 mg
Know the Ingredients of Arsol Capsule
Atish is known as Ativisha, Aruna, Shuklakanda, Bhangura, Ghunavallabha, Ghunapriya, Kaashmira, Vira, Visha, and Shishubhaishajya in Ayurveda. The roots are astringent in action and stops bleeding.
Aconitum heterophyllum is considered bitter and pungent in taste (Rasa), pungent after digestion (Vipaka), and is hot in effect (Virya). It is an Ushna Virya herb. It is considered bad for sperms and fetus. It has the property of digestion, vomiting and purging, and gives a feeling of lightness.
Aconitum heterophyllum is regarded as non poisosnous, antiperiodic, anti-inflammatory, astringent. It is used in cough, diarrhea, dyspepsia, as a tonic after fevers, febrifuge, antispasmodic. The roots are bitter tonic, stomachic, digestive, alleviates dysentery and bilious complaints. It is given in combination with other herbs for constipation.
Ativisha extract as a whole showed hypertensive properties. Hypertension produced by high doses of aqueous extract was attributed to the excitement of the sympathetic nervous system.
The corm or tuber of Amorphophallus campanulatus plant is commonly known as Suran, Sooran, Zamikand, Jimikand and elephant foot yam.
Suran is used as a medicine in the treatment of piles, acute dyspepsia, abdominal colic, elephantiasis, skin and blood diseases, fistula, glandular swellings in the neck, urinary diseases and dropsy.
It is one of the best vegetable for patients of chronic constipation and piles. Corm is also prescribed in bronchitis, asthma, cough and due to vitiated blood.
It is hot in nature, so should be used with caution in summer and by hot temperament individuals and menstruating women. It is not recommended for pregnant women. Intake in large amount can cause buring sensation.
Rasanjana or Rasont
Daruharidra or Berberis Aristata is a shrub or small tree. It is distributed in the temperate and subtropical parts of Asia, Europe and America. Barberry, Berberidis, Pipperidge bush. Berberis chitria Lindl., Berberis dumetorum Gouan, Berberis floribunda Wall. are few common names of Berberis Aristata.
Properties of Daruhaldi is considered similar to Haldi. Daruhaldi is effective against a variety of bacteria, fungi, protozoas, helminths, chlamydia and viruses.
The main constituent berberine is bactericidal, amoebicidal and fungicidal. It has some antiepileptic, uterine stimulant and hypotensive effects and is slightly sedative. The decoction of the roots and bark is given for jaundice, diarrhea, malarial fever and painful micturition due to bilious or acrid urine. Externally, it is used in all ailments of the eye, skin diseases and for cleaning ulcers.
Rasanjana or Rasont is the solidified decoction of Daruhaldi. The decoction or solidified water extract is prepared from the the stem or the roots of the plant. Rasont has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-diarrheal, anti-trachoma and antipyretic activity.
- Rasont is Uterine stimulants. Uterine stimulants(uterotonics) are medications that cause uterus to contract, or increase the frequency and intensity of the contractions.
- Rasont must not be used during pregnancy.
- Rasont should not be used if you are trying for baby.
- It promotes periods. You may get your periods early.
Ghrit kumari or Aloe Vera is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and natural sugars. It is good for digestion and the liver. It has mild laxative properties and used to treat constipation. It soothes the lining of the stomach and intestines. It helps in acid reflux, and stomach and duodenal ulcers. It is alkalinizing and can reduce the symptoms of excess stomach acid and reflux of stomach acid.
The mucilage is stomachic, cooling, alterative and purgative.
Senna (Cassia angustifolia Vahl, Cassia senna Linn var. senna.) is bitter purgative. It is used in combination with other warming herbs to protect the digestive fire and to clear Ama. It has Carminative, Expectorant, Hepatoprotective, Peristaltic and laxative action.
Senna has few side-effects. It is a habit-forming laxative. It Should not be given to children under 12 years old.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Arsol Capsule
- Anlomna: Anulomna means one which promotes excretions and favour discharge.
- Arshoghna: curer of piles
- Deepan: Enkindles the digestive fire.
- Kaphahara: Reduces Kapha
- Pachana: Digests Ama but does not increase appetite.
- Pittakar: Increases Pitta
- Raktadoshahar: blood purifying
- Ruchya: Improve taste
- Vedanahara: Pain killer
- Virechak: Laxative.
Arsol Capsule Biomedical Action
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Bitter tonic: Tonic of bitter taste, acts chiefly by stimulating the appetite and improving digestion.
- Carminative: Preventing the formation or causing the expulsion of flatulence.
- Hemostatic: Checking blood flow.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
Arsol Capsule Health Benefits
- It gives relief in both bloody and flatulence hemorrhoids.
- It gives relief in discomfort due to piles.
- It has an astringent action and helps in the bleeding piles.
- It prevents pricking, burning and pain caused by piles.
- It reduces pain and swelling.
- It softens the stool and reduces discomfort while defecation.
Arsol Capsule Therapeutic Uses
- Arsol Capsule is indicated in Piles also known as Arsh, Bawaseer.
- Bleeding piles
- Non-bleeding piles
- Gives relief in piles related complications
- Constipation, hard stool
Piles or Hemorrhoids are abnormally enlarged anal cushions. They are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. External hemorrhoids are located under the skin around the anus. Internal hemorrhoids develop in the lower rectum. Internal hemorrhoids may protrude, or prolapse, through the anus.
Most prolapsed hemorrhoids shrink back inside the rectum on their own. Severely prolapsed hemorrhoids may protrude permanently and require treatment Excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may make symptoms, such as itching and irritation, worse.
Hemorrhoids are not dangerous or life threatening. Symptoms usually go away within a few days, and some people with hemorrhoids never have symptoms.
The single most important management of piles is to increase the daily fiber intake to above 25 g/day by the diet with/without fiber supplements.
Arsol Capsule Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 to 2 capsules.
- It should be taken twice or thrice a day.
- It is to be taken with lukewarm water.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
- It can be taken for 2-3 months.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses. Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Take in the recommended dosage only.
- It has laxative action.
- Excess dose may cause loose motion.
- Avoid in diarrhea.
- It must not be taken during pregnancy.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- It may or may not work for your condition. There are several factors on which effectivity of herbal medicine depends such as underlying medical condition, duration of diseases, age, health etc.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.