Divya Kanti Lep is Ayurvedic product from Swami Ramdev’s Divya pharmacy. It is an herbal face pack for external application on facial skin. DivyaKantilep contains medicinal powders with astringent, detoxifying and moisturizing action.
As per the claims, it helps to reduce excessive oil secreted from the sebaceous glands. The excessive oil is responsible for acne, pimples, blackheads and other skin problems. Its application cleanses the skin of environmental pollutants. It is antiseptic, cooling, moisturizing, nourishing, and cleansing action. For good results, it should be applied regularly. It makes skin radiant and beautiful.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Divya Pharmacy
- Synonyms: Divya Kantilep, Patanjali Kanti Lepa, Divya Kanti Lepa
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Herbal product in powder form
- Appearance: Dark brown powder
- Main Indication: Skin care, herbal facepack from Patanjali
- Safety Profile: Safe Product, does not contain harsh ingredients
- Side Effects of Divya Kanti Lep: There seems to be no side effects. But if you feel any allergic reaction, then stop using.
- MRP/Price: 1 bottle of 50 grams @ Rupees 70.00 (current price may vary)
Divya Kanti Lep Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 5 grams contains:
- Kumari (Aloe vera juice) 900 mg
- Chandan Safed (Santalum Album) 714 mg
- Amba Haldi (Curcuma Amada) 470 mg
- Katha (Acacia Catechu) 470 mg
- Manjistha (Rubia Cordifolia) 470 mg
- Sthool Ela (Amomum Subulatum) 356 mg
- Javitri (Myristica Fragrans) 356 mg
- Mehndi Beej (Lawsonia Inermis) 238 mg
- Jaiphal (Myristica Fragrans) 238 mg
- Sugandha Bala (Valeriana Wallichii) 238 mg
- Sphatik Bhasma 238 mg
- Kapoor (Cinnamomum Camphora) 238 mg
- Moti Pishti (Pearl Calcium) 118 mg
Lawsonia inermis (Syn. Lawsonia alba Family: Lythraceae) known as Mehndi or Henna. It has cooling action and used in treatment of pruritis, ulcers, obstinate skin diseases etc.
Manjistha / Manjista / Manjishta / Indian Madder (Rubia cordifolia) is a perennial, prickly or scabrous, climbing herb belonging to plant family Rubiaceae. The roots of plant are mainly used in Ayurveda for medicinally purpose. Manjistha is acrid, astringent, thermogenic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anodyne, antiseptic, rejuvenating and tonic. ‘
Aloe leaf latex or sap (aloe resin) is mucilaginous gel from central part of leaf. This gel is very soothing and cooling. It is applied topically on the burns, sunburns, rash, dry skin, frostbite, insect bites, abrasions, bites of various kinds (even spider and snake bites), bedsores, and other wounds.
Topical use of Aloe gel is generally very well tolerated. But it may have few adverse effects. Few people are allergic to Aloe gel. In such person, application of Aloe causes contact dermatitis. It may cause burning and itching immediately after application. These effects are mild and reversible.
Sphatika refers to Alum or Phitkari. Alum Sulphate of Alumina, Sphatikari, Surashtraja, Phitikhari, Phitkari, or Alum is colorless, transparent crystals, with sweetish astringent taste. It has Astringent, caustic, hemostatic and antiseptic action.
Chandan or Santalum Album is used for the treatment of inflammatory and eruptive skin diseases. It has antiinflammatory, antiinfection, antiseptic, and antiviral properties.
Amra Haldi or Curcuma Amada is applied on pruritus, ulcers, edema, and on other skin diseases. It has antiseptic and antiinflammatory action.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Divya Kanti Lep
- Varnya: benefit the complexion and skin lustre, e.g. aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis).
- Visphota: Removes pustules
- Vranaropana: Wound healing activity.
Divya Kanti Lep Biomedical Action
- Anti-allergic: prevents, or relieves an allergy.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antiseptic: Capable of preventing infection by inhibiting the growth of infectious agents.
- Astringents: Constrict tissues; styptic.
- Demulcent: Relieving inflammation or irritation.
- Emollient: Soothing and softening effect on the skin or an irritated internal surface.
Divya Kanti Lep Benefits
- It can be applied on herpes sore.
- It can be applied on Urticaria.
- It gives fresh feeling.
- It is a soothing in action.
- It is cooling in action and thus can be applied on n skin rashes, sun burns and first-degree burns for speedy healing.
- It is cooling in action due to presence of Sandal and Mehndi.
- It is helpful in healing burns, scars, hot, inflamed
- It is herbal product and safe to use for sensitive facial skin.
- It reduces oil on the face.
- pitta conditions, eczema, urticaria, ulcers, acne etc.
Divya Kanti Lep Therapeutic Uses
Divya Kanti Lep can be used in Acne, Pimples, Wrinkles on face, loss of shining, luster and darkness.
- Acne Scars
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Dark spots on the skin
- first-degree burns, superficial burns
- pimples, acne
How to Use Divya Kanti Lep?
Take of 1-2 teaspoonful of powder of Divya Kanti Lep.
Make a paste by mixing rose water or plain water or unboiled milk/kachcha doodh.
Apply the paste evenly on facial skin for about 10 to 15 minutes. The consistency of lep should be like a paste. It should hold on to the face. Do not add too much water.
Rinse the face with fresh plain water. Do not use soap or any face wash for next few hours.
For inflamed skin/rashes/burns, apply the paste on the skin and let it remain for 1-2 hours and the wash with lukewarm water.
Do not apply on open wounds.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- No Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects are known for the product.
- It is for topical use only.
- It can be safely used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- It has a strong smell.
- It may cause skin dryness.
- It contains Mehndi Beej and may leave yellow colour on the skin. Therefore, it is better to be applied at night.
- Results are visible after regular use only.
- It may not be very helpful in improving the skin complexion. But may help in improving skin condition.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Do not touch your skin repeatedly.
- Avoid applying many creams on the face. It may cause skin to become sensitive and results in breakout of rashes. Rashes causes uneven skin, scars and blemishes on skin.
- Avoid eating junk food, oily and spicy food.
- Eat plenty of salads and have light to digest food.
- Do not eat, hot potency food items.
- Keep in a cool & dry place.