Nalpamaradi Thailam is medicinal oil beneficial for Pitta (excess heat in the body) based itches, scabies, visarpa, and for blood impurities. It can be massaged on the head, and body.
Nalpamaradi Thailam prevents skin dryness, and itchiness. It moisturizes the skin. It can be used as baby massage oil. If you using it for a baby massage, remember to avoid eye area.
The main ingredient of this medicinal oil is Nalpamara. Since it is a combination of Nalpamara with other cooling herbal ingredients, it is known as Nalpamaradi Thailam. The base oil of this medicine is sesame oil.
Nalpamara or Nalpamaram is the name given to the stem barks of 4 Ficus species, namely Ficus racemosa (Udumbarah), Ficus virens (Plaksah), Ficus religiosa (Asvatthah Peepal), and Ficus benghalensis (Nyagrodhah, Vata, Bargad) in Ayurveda. The barks of ficus trees are very effective in various diseases such as skin diseases, ulcers, and nervous disorders.
- Reference Text: Sahasrayogam, Tailaprakarana
- Synonyms: Nalpamaradi Tel, Nalpamaradi Thailam, Nalpamaradi Tailam
- Availability: Online, and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Massaging
Nalpamaradi Thailam Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
- Wet turmeric Paimanjal rasa (Haridra) – haridra (Rz.) 1.536 l
- Fumaria indica Pitta papraa Parpata rasa (Pl.) 1.536 l
- Sesamum indicum Oil Enna (Tila) (Ol.) 768 ml.
- Ficus benghalensis Vata Bargad Nyagrodha (St. Bk.) 15 g
- Ficus glomerata Udumbara (St. Bk.) 15 g
- Ficus religiosa Peepal Ashvattha (St. Bk.) 15 g
- Ficus lacor Plaksha (St. Bk.) 15 g
- Haritaki (P.) 15 g
- Bibhitaka (P.) 15 g
- Amalaki (P.) 15 g
- Santalum album Chandana (Raktachandana) (Ht. Wd.) 15 g
- Sevya (Ushira) (Rt.) 15 g
- Saussurea lappa Kushtha (Rt.) 15 g
- Covvalli (Manjishtha) (Rt.) 15 g
- Coram (Coraka) (Rz.) 15 g
- Akil (Agaru) (Ht. Wd.) 15 g
Nalpamaradi Oil Thailam Health Benefits
Nalpamaradi Oil is beneficial in obstinate skin diseases. Massaging with this oil improves blood circulation, and makes the skin healthy. It treats ringworm, and gives relief in itching. It is a cooling in action. As the main ingredient in this oil is turmeric, it improves skin complexion, and skin tone. This oil can be mixed with Kumkumadi Oil, and used to massage infant. This message will also give fairness to the baby over time. It is safe to use. Turmeric may cause staining, so it is better to wash it off after one hour with water.
In case, you are using it for fairness, and have oily skin, do not leave it for many hours. But wash off after half an hour with warm water. You may also use soap to remove excess oil.
Nalpamaradi Oil is Beneficial in skin diseases
Nalpamaradi Oil is beneficial in skin conditions due to its antifungal, antipruritic, and antioxidant properties.
Nalpamaradi Oil is good as Massage Oil
Nalpamaradi Oil is used as massage oil in babies. It is herbal, and safe to use. It is a cooling in action, and also improves complexion. It pacifies Pitta dosha.
Nalpamaradi Oil improves skin tone
Nalpamaradi Oil can make the skin fair by removing hyperpigmentation, blemishes, scars, and improving skin tone. It revitalizes, and restores radiance to the skin. It reduces lines, and wrinkles, fades blemishes, improves skin texture, imparts even skin tone, and gives the skin glowing fairness.
Nalpamaradi Oil Gives Moisturization
Nalpamaradi Oil moisturize the skin. It prevents water loss from the skin, and makes it glowing. The herbs present in it works on the skin, and makes it glowing.
Nalpamaradi Oil Gives relief in itching
Nalpamaradi Oil has Kandughna or antipruritic action due to which it gives relief in itching. It shows beneficial effects in scabies, skin itchiness, and other similar conditions.
Scabies is a highly contagious skin disease in which the skin becomes very itchy. this condition is caused by an infestation by the itch mite Sarcoptes scabiei. Nalpamaradi Oil contains antimicrobial and
antipruritic herbs. It gives relief in itchiness, and spread of diseases. Regular application helps to destroy the infestation.
Nalpamaradi Thailam is useful in ringworm
Ringworm is a common fungal infection causing a red or silvery ring-like rash on the skin. It generally occurs on moist, and warm places of the body. In the case of ringworm, you may apply this anti-fungal oil. It will also give relief in itchiness.
Nalpamaradi Thailam is Cooling in action
Nalpamaradi Oil is a cooling in action, and gives relief in irritation.
Nalpamaradi Thailam gives fairness of the skin
Nalpamaradi Thailam can make the skin fair by removing hyperpigmentation, blemishes, scars, and improving skin tone. It revitalizes, and restores radiance to the skin. It reduces lines, and wrinkles, fades blemishes, improves skin texture, imparts even skin tone, and gives the skin glowing fairness.
It has turmeric along with cooling herbs. Turmeric is well-known for improving skin tone.
Nalpamaradi Thailam Therapeutic Uses
Nalpamaradi Thailam is indicated in skin diseases, especially in Pitta dominant skin diseases. It is very suitable for massaging of babies. It strengthens the muscles, and cures the dryness.
Nalpamaradi Oil has skin lightening, and astringent action. It strengthens connective tissue. It also stimulates the formation of healthy tissues, and regeneration of muscles. Nalpamaradi Oil, is antimicrobial, antifungal, and antipruritic.
- Acne Scars
- Allergic hives
- Contact dermatitis
- Dark Spots
- Kandu itching Pruritus)
- Kushtha (Diseases of the skin)
- Pama (Eczema)
- Pitaka (Boil/Carbuncle)
- Skin allergies
- Tvagroga (Skin disease)
- Uneven skin tone
- Visarpa (Erysipelas)
How to use Nalpamaradi Thailam? What are Directions to Use Nalpamaradi Thailam?
- It is suitable for external use only.
- Wash hands.
- Take a few drops of oil on fingertips, and massage for 15 minutes.
- Leave it for 30 minutes then wash with plain water.
- You can apply it daily once or twice a day, regularly for a few months.
How long to use it?
You may use it for many months. It is herbal, and safe to use.
- If you have oily skin, you may wash it off after half an hour.
- For oily skin wash with hot water.
Use in Pregnancy
It is safe to use this oil in pregnancy.
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
- It is not very suitable for very oily skin.
Nalpamaradi Thailam Side-effects
- There are no known side-effects for this medicine.
- Every skin is different. If you develop skin condition such as brown spot, rash, pimple then stops using it. It is not suitable for your skin type.
- If it makes your skin oilier, do not use it.
- Do check the list of ingredients, and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- It is yellow tinged, herbal oil which may stain.
- Do a patch test before application.
- Some people report, it is not suitable for oily skin.
- Store in a cool, and dry place in a tightly closed container, protected from light, and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight, and reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.
Pharmacies Making Nalpamaradi Thailam
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
- Kama Nalpamaradi Thailam Skin Brightening Treatment 100 ml @ PRICE ₹750.00
- Kairali Nalpamaradi Thailam for Exclusive Skin Care Blue Nectar Nalpamaradi Tailam For Skin Brightening 100 Ml PRICE 575.00
- BodyHerbals Nalpamaradi Thailam 115 m PRICE: MRP 499.00
- And other pharmacies.