Kumkumadi Tailam is also written as Kumkumadi Oil, Kumkumadi Tailm or Kumkumadi Tel.
Table of Contents
- 1 Kumkumadi Tailam Composition
- 2 Kumkumadi Tailam Health Benefits
- 2.1 Kumkumadi Tailam in Acne
- 2.2 Kumkumadi Tailam in Acne Scars
- 2.3 Kumkumadi Tailam As Antiaging
- 2.4 Kumkumadi Tailam gives fairness of the skin
- 2.5 Kumkumadi Tailam Gives Moisturization
- 2.6 Kumkumadi Tailam Helps in Hyperpigmentation
- 2.7 Kumkumadi Tailam is Natural Sunscreen
- 2.8 Kumkumadi Tailam lighten Scar
- 2.9 Kumkumadi Tailam Tones the Skin
- 2.10 Kumkumadi Tailam for face massage
- 2.11 Kumkumadi Tailam Treats the Dry Skin
- 3 Kumkumadi Tailam Therapeutic Uses
- 4 How to use Kumkumadi Taila? What are Directions to Use Kumkumadi Oil?
- 5 Side-effects of Kumkumadi Tailam
It is a beauty oil means you can use it for moisturizing for the skin. preventing the loss of water from the skin, make it glowing, and improving skin tone, and complexion. It is an oil, and like any other oil, it is best suited for dry skin. You can apply it to under eye dark circles, and hyperpigmentation. If this product suits your skin you may use it daily without any side effects.
Being a classical medicine many Ayurvedic pharmacies are making it. Kumkumadi Tailam is also used as an ingredient in the preparation of Ayurvedic other fairness creams.
Kumkumadi Tail is an excellent facial massage oil that removes blemishes, lightens fine lines, wrinkles, and gives skin even tone. This oil is used for external application on the face, and for Nasya.
- Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Ashtanga Hridayam
- Synonyms: Kumkumadi Tailam, Kumkumadi Oil, Kumkumadi Tel
- Availability: Online, and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Skincare
- Base Oil: Sesame oil
- Main ingredient: Kumkum or Saffron or Kesar
- Suitable for: all type of the skin, mainly dry skin
Kumkumadi Tailam Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
- Saffron Kumkuma (Stl./Stg) 12 g
- Santalum Chandana (shveta Chandana) (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Lodhra (St. Bk.) 12 g
- Patamga (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Red Santulam Raktachandana (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Kaliyaka (Agaru) (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Ushira (Rt.) 12 g
- Manjishtha (Rt.) 12 g
- Honey Madhu (Yashti) (Rt.) 12 g
- Patra (Tejapatra) (Lf.) 12 g
- Padmaka (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Padma (Kamala) (Fl.) 12 g
- Kushtha (Rt.) 12 g
- Gorochana 12 g
- Turmeric Nisha (Haridra) (Rz.) 12 g
- Laksha (Gl.) 12 g
- Daruharidra (St.) 12 g
- Gairika 12 g
- Nagakeshara (Stmn.) 12 g
- Palasha Kusuma (Fl.) 12 g
- Priyamgu (Fl.) 12 g
- Vatamkura (Nyagrodha) (Lf. Bd.) 12 g
- Malati (Jati) (Fl.) 12 g
- Madhuccishta 12 g
- Sarshapa (Sd.) 12 g
- Surabhi (Rasna) (Rt./Lf.) 12 g
- Vaca (Rz.) 12 g
- Cow Milk Payas (Godugdha) 6.144 l
- Sesame oil Taila (Tila) (Ol.) 1.536 kg
Kumkumadi Tailam Health Benefits
Kumkumadi Tailam is chemical free oil based natural herb containing beauty oil to make your skin healthy.
You may use it as a massage oil to look more young, and glowing. Over time, it makes your skin more even-toned, clear, acne-free, and radiant.
Kumkumadi Tailam in Acne
Pimples, Acne is a common skin condition. Kumkumadi Tailam is oil-based preparation but helps in pimples due to the herbal antimicrobial ingredients present in it. It contains saffron, turmeric, sandal, and other herbs help to dry the pimple, and prevents the scar formation.
Kumkumadi Tailam in Acne Scars
Kumkumadi Tailam application helps in lightening the acne scars.
Kumkumadi Tailam As Antiaging
Kumkumadi Tailam has anti-aging qualities. It is oil based preparation, and helps in the prevention of wrinkles. It makes skin radiant, and beautiful. By daily application of this oil, the skin appears firmer, and more youthful.
Kumkumadi Tailam gives fairness of the skin
Kumkumadi Tailam can make the skin fair by removing hyperpigmentation, blemishes, scars, and improving skin tone. It revitalizes, and restores radiance to the skin. It reduces lines, and wrinkles, fades blemishes, improves skin texture, imparts
even skin tone, and gives the skin glowing fairness.
It has turmeric, tree turmeric, saffron, licorice along with cooling herbs. Turmeric, and saffron are well-known for improving skin tone. But you cannot use them daily as a home remedy. But this oil, you can apply regularly in an amount of 1-2 drops.
Kumkumadi Tailam Gives Moisturization
Kumkumadi Tailam offers moisturization when applied to the skin. It prevents water loss from the skin, and makes it glowing. The herbs present in it works on the skin, and makes it glowing. Kumkumadi Tailam nourishes, and hydrates the skin, helping to soothe the dry skin.
Kumkumadi Tailam Helps in Hyperpigmentation
Kumkumadi Tailam contains licorice, sandalwood, turmeric, and other supportive herbs for treating the hyperpigmentation.
Kumkumadi Tailam is Natural Sunscreen
Kumkumadi Tailam protects skin against harmful sun rays, and pollution. Kumkumadi Tailam works as natural sunscreen.
Kumkumadi Tailam lighten Scar
Kumkumadi Tailam helps to lighten spots, reduces allergic reactions, and heal wounds. It smoothens the skin, and reduces the scars.
Kumkumadi Tailam Tones the Skin
Kumkumadi Tailam has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory action. All these properties work on the skin, and make the skin healthy, and clear. It has the ability to reduce
the appearance of dark spots, and other marks on the skin, helping to create an evener skin tone.
Kumkumadi Tailam for face massage
Kumkumadi Tailam can be used as a facial massage oil. As everyone knows, massaging improves the blood circulation, removes the dead skin, and supports better health of the skin. Massaging with Kumkumadi Tailam has both cleansing, and a nourishing effects on the skin.
Kumkumadi Tailam Treats the Dry Skin
Kumkumadi Tailam has moisturizing in action. Massaging with 2-3 drops of oil treats the dryness of the skin. If you have dry skin it will best suit you.
Kumkumadi Tailam Therapeutic Uses
Kumkumadi Taila is used in skincare for massaging. It helps in hyper-pigmentation, pimples, wrinkled skin, scars, and other common skin conditions of the face. It can also be used regularly without any issue.
Kum Kumadi Tailam is also used for Nasya (putting few drops in each nostril). It is an Ayurvedic fairness oil.
- Acne or pimples
- Acne Scars
- Black Spots or Black Marks
- Congenital mole
- Dark Circles
- Dark skin
- Dry skin
- Dull, and complexion less skin
- Improving complexion, skin tone
- Mashaka (Mole)
- Melasma (also known as Chloasma faciei, or the mask of pregnancy when present in pregnant women) tan or dark skin discoloration)
- Nilika (Mole)
- Nyacch (Nmvus/mole)
- Padminikantaka (Papilloma of the skin)
- Pimple mark
- Tilaka (Non-elevated mole)
- Varna Vikara (Pigmentation disorder)
- Vyamga (Pigmentation disorder)
- Vyanga (painless thin patches)
- Wrinkled skin
- Yauvana Pidika (Acne vulgaris)
Nasya (putting few drops in the nose) with Kumkumadi Tailam
Please, read the label of the product to know its suitability for Nasya (admiration in the nose).
As Nasya, it balances Vata-Pitta Dosha. It has cooling action on the body, and pacifies Pitta. Acharya Vagbhata has indicated Kumkumadi Taila Nasya for Kshudra Roga. Nasya Karma or Nasal therapy is the administration of medicine through the nose. It is basically a Shodhan process which eliminates the vitiated Dosh.
How to use Kumkumadi Taila? What are Directions to Use Kumkumadi Oil?
- This oil is for external use only.
- Wash face, and pat dry.
- Wash hands.
- Take a few drops of oil on fingertips, and massage face in circular motion for 15 minutes.
- For better result do facial massage at night.
- You can apply it daily once or twice a day, regularly for a few months.
- Keep the oil for 1-3 hours. Do not wash immediately.
- best results use after cleansing, and toning. Wash with plain water.
- For Nasya 5-10 drops are instilled in each nostril for one weak in the morning.
Is Kumkumadi Taila suitable for Oily skin?
- If you have oily skin, it may or may not suit you. Even with oily skin, many people report it does not worsen the oiliness of the skin. But there are also many who says it does suit their skin.
- So, it depends on the skin type, and condition.
- For oily skin you should apply minimal drops, and also should wash after 1 hour with warm water.
- It is extremely safe to use Kumkumadi Tailam for the skin than chemical -based creams.
- You may mix it with Rose water or any other beauty cream.
- It has no known side effect.
- If you have oily skin, use only 1 or 2 drops. Start with only one drop, and if there is no breakout you can use 2 drops. Use only once a day.
- You have to use it for months for visible results.
- If you have oily skin, you may wash it off after half an hour.
- For oily skin wash with hot water.
Side-effects of Kumkumadi Tailam
- There are no known side-effects for this medicine.
- Every skin is different. If you develop skin condition such as brown spot, rash, pimple then stops using it. It is not suitable for your skin type.
- If it makes your skin oilier, do not use it.
- Do a patch test before application.
- Some people report, it is not suitable for oily skin.
- In a few people, its application causes rashes.
- It is better not to leave it for the whole night.
- This is an oil-based formulation, so people with oily skin should use it once a day in a small amount. They should leave it on the face for a lesser duration.
- Store in a cool, and dry place in a tightly closed container, protected from light, and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight, and reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.
Pharmacies Making Kumkumadi Tailam
This medicine is manufactured by Vasu (Kum Kumadi Tailam), Unjha Ayurvedic Pharmacy (Kumkumadi Tail Kesar Yukta), Kottakkal (Kunkumadi Tailam), Vyas Pharma (Kumkumadi Tailam), Nisha Herbals (Kumkumadi Tailam), Planet Ayurveda (Kumkumadi Thailam), Iraya (Kumkumadi Facial Oil), Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Kumkumadi Thailam), Pentavox Herbals ( Kumkumadi Tailam), Gopala Ayurveda (Kumkumadi Taila), Kama (Kumkumadi Miraculous beauty fluid), Nidco (Kumkumadi Tailum), Nagarjuna (Kumkumadi Cream), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.