Table of Contents
Musli Kaunch Shakti from Ayurved Research Foundation is combination of three types of Musli and Kevanch. It is an herbal aphrodisiac and boosts libido.
Musli can be said to be substitute for Viagra. It improves sperm count and also supports erection. It increases energy, stamina, immunity, vigor and overall health due to restorative and rejuvenative properties. Mucuna seed powder is especially used to improve sexual function and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary and gonadal axis. It reduces stress. Mucuna seed powder helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality, and acts as a restorative and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Ayurved Research Foundation
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Sexual Problems
- Suitable for: Males
Musli Kaunch Shakti Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each capsule contains
- Musli Safed Extract 100 mg
- Musli Semal Extract 120 mg
- Musli Siyh Extract 120 mg
- Kaunch 120 mg
1- Safed Musli
Safed musli which is available as medicine in the market is the tuberous root part of a plant. There are many plant species belonging to family Liliaceae, whose roots are used as Safed Musli. The important one include Chlorophytum borivilianum, Chlorophytum arundinaceum, Chlorophytum tuberosum and Asparagus adscendens are used as Safed Musli. Commercailly, Chlorophytum borivilianum is most commonly used as Shwet Musli due to higher yield and richness in medicinal qualities.
Safed musli is ‘Rasayan’ or adaptogen. It is useful in debility (general and sexual), diarrhea, leucorrhea, spermatorrhea, wasting diseases. Animal research shows that it might increase sexual activity and might possibly have effects similar to testosterone.
20- Semal Musli
Salmalia malabarica (Synonym Bombax ceiba or Bombax malabaricum DC) is known as Semal, Semul, Semur, Shimbal, Simal, Somr, Salmili, Shalmali or Red Silk-cotton Tree. The tap roots of young plants are known as Semal Musli or Semarkanda. Semal Musli is considered androgenic, restortive, sexual stimulant, demulcent, tonic, diuretic, anti-aging, anabolic, nutritive and good aphrodisiac.
Semal Musli increases body weight and improves sperm count significantly. It also supports better erection and sexual performance.
Kali or Krishna Moosli or Musli Siyh
Kali or Krishna musli (Talamuli) is brownish-brown roots of a stemless perennial herb Curculigo orchioides. Like Shvet Musli, Kali musli is also used to increases potency and to treat seminal weakness, STDs such as syphilis, gonorrhea and menstrual derangements. It is mainly used for diseases of the urogenital system in both males and females. Kali musli is bitter, appetizer, nervine, adaptogenic, sedative, anticonvulsive, androgenic and anti-inflammatory drug.
Kapikachhu or Kevanch or Kaunch refers to seeds of Mucuna pruriens.
It is also known as Kapikacchu, Markati, Kewanch, Kaunch and Cowhage. The main constituent of Kaunch seeds are Fixed Oil, Alkaloid and 3, 4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine. It is Hot in potency. It is Madhura, Tikta (Ras), Guru, Snigdha (Guna) and Madhur Vipak. In Ayurveda, it is used in treatment of variety of diseases including Vata-Vikar, debility and nerves weakness.
Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). Kaunch, is indicated in male disorders to treat oligospermia, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low libido, and impotency due to its aphrodisiac, spermatogenetic, retentive, tonic, laxative, and stress reducing properties.
Ayurvedic Action of Musli Kaunch Shakti
- Balya: Gives strength
- Jeevaniya: Prolongs life
- Mutral: diuretic
- Ojovardhak: Increases ojas
- Pittahara: anti-bilious
- Pushtiprada: nourishes body
- Rasayana: Rejuvenative
- Shramahara: take away of fatigue or shrama
- Shukral: increase the quantity and improve the quality of the Shukra dhatu (included the male semen and the female egg, as both are essence of all of the other dhatus (tissues) of the body)
- Shukravriddhikar: Increases sperm production
- Stanya: Increases breast milk and eases the flow
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac
- Vata-har: Pacifies Vata
- Vrishya: aphrodisiac
Biomedical Action of Musli Kaunch Shakti
- Alterative: Alter favorably the course of an ailment.
- Androgenic: Stimulates activity of the accessory male sex organs, encourages development of male sex characteristics.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Demulcent: Relieving inflammation or irritation.
- Diuretic: Promoting excretion of urine/agent that increases the amount of urine excreted.
- Fattening: liable to make a person overweight.
- Hypoglycemic: Reducing level of the sugar glucose in the blood.
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Musli Kaunch Shakti Health Benefits
- It gives strength to muscles and bones.
- It increases libido and physical strength in men.
- It increases testosterone level.
- It increases weight.
- It is a Rasayana or tonic to all functions of the body.
- It is a sexual tonic.
- It is antioxidant and adaptogenic.
- It is diuretic and promotes urine secretion.
- It is rejuvenating and aphrodisiac herb.
- It promotes sperm count.
- It protects liver.
- It reduces blood pressure.
- It reduces stress.
- It stimulates male sex hormones.
Musli Kaunch Shakti Therapeutic Uses
- Fatigue & Exhaustion
- Functional impotence
- Lack of strength and vigor
- Loss of libido
- Loss of Vitality
- Low libido
- Male Infertility / Male Sterility
- Mental and physical tiredness
- Muscle Weakness
- Premature ejaculation
- Premature hair fall
- Sexual weakness
- Tiredness, low energy, stress, anxiety
- Weaker erection, premature ejaculation
- Weakness due to over indulgence in masturbation, sexual intercourse
Musli Kaunch Shakti Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is 1-2 capsules.
- It should be taken once or twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
- It may not work if a person suffers from poor digestion and assimilation.
- It is an herbal medicine and takes time to show visible results.
- It may cause weight gain.
- No drug-herb interactions are known.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do some exercise.