Multani Rhumed SG is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine researched by Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (C.C.R.A.S.) and marketed by Multani Pharmaceuticals.
Multani Rhumed SG is combination of Guggul and Dry ginger along with excipients and preservatives. Sonth or Dry ginger is pungent, hot, appetizer, and cardiac tonic. It alleviates Kapha and Vata. Ginger supports better digestion and reduces phlegm in body. Guggul is gum resin of a tree and used in Ayurveda for treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, gout, lumbago, disorders of the nervous, respiratory, digestive and circulatory systems due to its anti-inflammatory property with strong purifying and rejuvenating properties.
Guggul and Shunthi, both are effective reducing Ama Dosha. Ama is unmetabolized waste produced in body due to impaired digestion. It is sticky, heavy, viscous, slimy, unctuous, wet, cold, sweet and is the root cause of most of diseases in the body, resulting from excess Vayu or Kapha (or both). Ama Dosha in body causes blockage of the channels, mucus congestion, loss of strength, lack of movement and reverse flow of vata, accumulation of wastes, oedema, low digestive fire, bloating, constipation, itchy anus, thick tongue coating, sluggish and slippery pulse, lack of enthusiasm, stagnation in the tissues and various Vata Roga.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Type of medicine: Researched by Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (C.C.R.A.S.)
- Manufacturer: Multani
- Purpose: Joint pain relief
Ingredients of Multani Rhumed SG
Each tablet contains:
- Guggulu Exd. 325 mg
- Shunthi 325 mg
- Excipients: Q.S.
- Preservatives: Methyl paraben IP and Propyl paraben IP
Know the Ingredients
Guggulu / Guggul / Gugal is gum resin of a tree Commiphora mukul, found in arid- subtropical to tropical climate. Guggulu is highly effective in the treatment of nervine disorders and inflammatory conditions. The gum resin contains guggul sterons Z and E, guggul sterols I-V, two diterpenoids- a terpene hydrocarbon named cembreneA and a diterpene alcohol- mukulol, a-camphrone and cembrene, long chain aliphatic tetrols- octadecan-1,2,3,4-tetrol, eicosan-1,2,3,4-tetrol and nonadecan-1,2,3,4-tetrol. Major components from essential oil of gum resin are myrcene and dimyrcene.
Guggulu means “that which protects against disease.” It is bitter, pungent, sweet and astringent in taste (rasa), pungent after digestion (Vipaka) and hot in its effect (Virya).
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Kashaya (Astringent), Madhura (Sweet), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Laghu (Light), Ruksha (Dry)
- Virya (Action): Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Katu (Pungent)
1- Guggulu is alleviates all three Dosha, and especially Vata and Kapha dosha. It is effectively used in treatment of rheumatism, gout, lumbago, nervous disorders, epilepsy, obesity, diabetes, cough, indigestion, piles, skin diseases, ulcers, arthritis, diseases of nervous system, edema, urinary disorders etc. Guggulu is rejuvenative, analgesic, antiseptic, antispasmodic and expectorant.
It is effective in reducing synthesis of cholesterol in liver. It reduces serum triglycerides, LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases HDL. It can reduce 14-27 percent blood cholesterol and triglycerides by 22-30 percent. Guggulu increases metabolism of LDL.
Guggulu has Anticoagulants/antiplatelet effect, and it should be taken cautiously with other antiplatelet medicine such as warfarin, enoxaparin, heparin, aspirin, dipyridamole, clopidogrel.
Guggulu also possess thyroid stimulating activity and it may increase T3 synthesis, and can lower level of TSH.
2- Shunthi or Sonth is powder of dry ginger. It is a warming spices and cures coldness. Sonth is pungent, hot, appetizer, aphrodisiac and cardiac tonic. It alleviates Kapha and Vata. It promotes digestion and balances Vata. It is useful in various Vata Roga.
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Madhura (Sweet), Katu (Pungent)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Laghu (Light), Tikshna (Sharp), Ruksha (Dry)
- Virya (Action): Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Medicine
- Amanashak: Destroys toxins or Ama.
- Chedana: Draws out toxins by scratching them from the tissues.
- Deepan: Enkindles the digestive fire.
- Sandhaniya: Heal broken bones and hasten the repair of broken bone tissue.
- Shitaprashamana: Reduces coldness.
- Vata-Kaphahar: Pacifies Vata and Kapha.
- Yogavahi: Catalyst herbs. When mixed with another herb it enhances action.
- Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucous from the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Digestive stimulant: promotes digestion.
- Emmenagogue: Stimulates or increases menstrual flow.
Benefits of Multani Rhumed SG
- It gives relief in pain in joints, tenderness of joints, muscular weakness and restricted joint movement.
- It reduces joint swelling.
- It helps to reduce morning stiffness.
- It helps in arthritis, cervical spondylosis, osteoarthritis, sciatica, Spondylitis, and other similar inflammatory conditions.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Multani Rhumed SG
- Morning stiffness or pain
- Difficult in movement and bending
- Joint Swelling or tenderness
- Vata diseases to relieve pain & inflammation
- Relieve edema, joint stiffness, problems associated with Arthritis, Rheumatism and sciatica
Dosage of Multani Rhumed SG
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 2 tablets.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with warm water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Add Vata reducing vegetables-spies in diet such as Karela, Palak, Kale, and other root vegetables, Sonth, Jeera, garlic and castor oil.
- Take light and fresh food.
- Avoid eating curd, jaggery, fried food, cheese, Junk food, smoking & alcohol, high fat meal, spicy food.
- Avoid cold, oily and difficult to digest food.
- Do not smoke.
- Do some light exercise.
- Correct posture.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- It is an herbal medicine and takes time to show visible results.
- This medicine is for long term use. Guggul and Sonth, both are non-toxic and without any side-effect.
- This can be taken along with allopathy medicines.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- The result varies from person to person depending on various factors. There are few, who do not get ant benefit from this medicine.
- This is herbal blend. Do not expect magic. The purpose of this page is only to give information, based on the listed ingredients. We are not promoting this product. This may or may not work on your condition.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Store this medicine in dry and cool place, away from direct sunlight.