Table of Contents
Multani Sugralo DM Tablet is a polyherbal ayurvedic medicine researched by Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (C.C.R.A.S.) and marketed by Multani Pharmaceuticals. A double blind clinical human trial has been done on more than 800 patients and this medicine is approved by The Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
Multani Sugralo DM Tablet is blend of proven medicinal herbs Karela, Jamun, Amra, Gudmar with Shilajeet. It is useful in management of diabetes. It helps to control fasting blood sugar and post prandial blood sugar. It helps in diabetes and diabetes related problems such as thirst, hunger, fatigue and excessive urination. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Type of medicine: Researched by Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (C.C.R.A.S.)
- Manufacturer: Multani
- Purpose: Diabetes (Madhumeha management)
- Sugralo DM Tablets MRP / Price: Rs. 300 for 60 tablets
- Suitable for: Diabetic patient
Ingredients of Multani Sugralo DM Tablets
Below is given list of ingredients.
Each coated tablet contains dried extracts of following:
- Amra (Mangifera indica Linn) 625mg
- Karela (Momordica charantia Linn) 625mg
- Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre) 625mg
- Jamun (Syzygium cumini (Linn.) Skeels) 625mg
- Shuddha Shilajit (Asphaltum) 0.1665g
- Sodium methyl paraben
- Sodium propyl paraben
- Excipients Q.S.
- Approximate of each tablet 625 mg
About the ingredients
1- Amra (Mangifera indica), contains bio-active compounds, Polyphenols, Carotenoids, Triterpenoids, Magniferrin, Tannins, Gallic Acid derivatives and soluble dietary fibres. All these bio active compounds act by releasing more insulin from Beta-cells & get hypoglycemic effects.
2- Bitter melon / Karela (Momordica charantia family Cucurbitaceae) is well known bitter anti-diabetic herb. The fruits and seeds of this plant are been reported to exert hypoglycemic effect. It contains several chemical constituents, including the glycosides (mormordin and charantin) and alkaloid (mormordicine). It also contains an insulin-like polypeptide called Polypeptide-P. Polypeptide-P has been designated as the ‘plant insulin which lowers blood sugar levels when injected subcutaneously gerbils, langurs and diabetic patients.
3- Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre, family Asclepiadaceae), is a woody climber found in central and peninsular India. It is one of the main herb used in Ayurveda to treat diabetes due to its hypoglycemic activities. For medicinal purpose roots and leaves of plant are used. The chewing of leaf lowers cholesterol, triglycerides, lipid and blood sugar level. Gudmar controls the sugar level as it increases insulin secretion, regenerates islet cells, increases utilization of glucose, and inhibits absorption of sugar from intestine.
4- Gudmar is bitter, acrid, anodyne, anthelmintic, antipyretic, astringent, cardiotonic, digestive, diuretic, emetic, expectorant, laxative, stimulant, stomachic, uterine tonic. It used in Ayurveda for treating amenorrhea, asthma, bronchitis, cardiopathy, Conjunctivitis, constipation, cough, dyspepsia,piles, hemorrhoids, hepatosplenomegaly, inflammations, intermittent fever, Jaundice and diabetes.
5- Jamun (Syzygium Jambolanum, Synonym Eugenia jambolana, Family: Myrtaceae) or Indian black berry, has antidiabetic properties and reduce in blood glucose level. It increases serum insulin levels. The seed powder of Jamun fruit exhibits normoglycemia and better glucose tolerance.
6- Shilajita/Shilajeet is a natural substance but it is not an animal or plant based product. It is a mineral pitch that oozes from the rocks. This mineral comes out from the Himalayan rocks during summer.
7- Shilajatu increases flow of digestive secretion and helps in better absorption. It is used in treatment of in consumption (Kshaya), tuberculosis (Rajayakshama), genito-urinary diseases, sexual weakness, gonorrhoea, diabetes, chronic bronchitis, phthisis, asthma, gallstone, renal stone, anuria, jaundice, enlarged spleen and liver, and nervous diseases.
Shilajit is an adaptogen and a major Ayurvedic rejuvenation tonic. It improves digestion and assimilation. In Ayurveda, it is considered a medicine which has ability to cure every disease. It is highly condensed minerals and amino acid. It slows ageing and degeneration.
Shilajit works on reproductive organs. It control blood sugar level, and improves immunity. It gives relief in chronic disorders, body pain and diabetes. Its intake gives physical, mental and sexual power. It is a tonic and rejuvenating natural substance.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- Hypoglycemic: Reducing level of the sugar glucose in the blood.
- Neuroprotective: Protects neuronal structure and/or function.
Benefits of Multani Sugralo DM Tablets
- It is an herbal medicine.
- It has antioxidant effects.
- It controls the blood sugar level.
- It gives relief in diabetes related complications.
- It regenerate beta cells.
- It decrease insulin resistance.
- It act by stimulating beta cells and increasing insulin production.
- It decreases peripheral insulin resistance and delay glucose absorption from intestines.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Multani Sugralo DM Tablets
This medicine is suitable for all gender and used in management of Diabetes. It has antioxidant effects and helps in reducing diabetes related complications.
Type 2 Diabetes (non-insulin dependent) : Type 2 diabetes typically develops in adulthood. This condition occurs when the body either does not produce enough insulin or the insulin produced does not work efficiently. Few important symptoms of diabetes are excessive urination, thirst, hunger and blurred vision.
It is important to monitor and maintain proper blood sugar level in diabetes. It is also important to know that there is no cure for this condition but only management is possible.
Dosage of Multani Sugralo DM Tablets
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 2 tablets.
- It should be taken thrice a day, in the morning, afternoon and evening, half an hour before meal.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Along with the medicine, do make necessary dietary changes and do physical exercise for better management of diabetes. Only intake of medicine does not work.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Do not take any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- It is highly recommended to measure blood sugar level at frequent intervals. If the blood sugar level is not managed then you may need to change the medicine.
- Lifestyle and Diet for Managing diabetes
- Make suitable Food choices + Be physical active + Take medicines if needed.
- For controlling diabetes, it is necessary to maintain stress free life, healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Eat healthy diet include green vegetable, salads and fruits.
- Drink water empty stomach in morning.
- Decrease portion size and take meal at same time each day and do not skip meal.
- Take less fat and calories.
- Do not eat rice, banana, pomegranate, anjeer, cheeku, apples, sugar, misri and potatoes.
- Do not smoke and consume tobacco.
- Monitor blood sugar by measuring it to know how control it is. Blood sugar should be 80-120 mg/dl before breakfast and 100-140 mg/dl at bedtime.
- Make a regime of regular exercise as walking, yoga etc.
- If obese try to shed excess weight.
Important Note: The benefits and biomedical is given based on the listed ingredients. Here it is assumed the medicine contain the genuine listed ingredients of best quality and prepared according to standard process.
This medicine has got mixed reviews. Many people say it give good results. But there are many who say this medicine doses not work and their blood sugar level could not be managed or get elevated. Therefore, take this medicine for few weeks, check the blood sugar level and if it suits you then continue it otherwise stop taking the medicine.