Table of Contents
Majun Salab is a Unani medicine. This medicine is for males and helps in impotency, spermatorrhoea, PE and seminal dilution. It gives strength to organs and helps in sluggishness, feebleness and obliguity of male organ. It improves density, quality and consistency, count and motility of semen.
This medicine contains Kharateen. Kharateen Mudabbar refers to Cleaned Earthworms or Kechua found in soil. In Unani System of medicine earthworms are considered Muqavvi Baah (Aphrodisiac). Muqavvi Baah increase sexual power by stimulating nerves or increase semen viscosity or normalise the increased sensation etc.
In Unani medicine system, Majoon or Majun are confections or sweet preparations containing the powders of drugs given in particular formulation and solution of sugar or honey. Word Majun is derived from Ajn, which means to mix. In this preparation powder of drugs is mixed well in Qiwam of sugar or Asl (Honey). The preparation of majun involves mixing of powder of drugs in a particular consistency of solution of sugar or honey. They are named according to the chief ingredient, inventor or action. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Type of medicine: Classical Unani Medicine
- Hamdard Majun Salab MRP / Price: Rs ₹75 /-
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Suitable for: Males
- Main Indication: improving vigour & vitality in men
Unani System of medicine evolved Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicine are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicine are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Majun Salab
- Peepal Kalan Piper longum Linn 70 gram
- Tukhm Hanzal Bitter Apple Seeds 35 gram
- Tukhm Gazar Carrot Seeds 30 gram
- Tukhm Katai 35 gram
- Til Safaid Muqashshar 70 gram
- Salab Misri Orchis mascula Linn., Root tuber 120 gram
- Kharateen Musaffa 30 gram
- Shaqaqul Misri (Neem Kofta) Pastinaca secacul L., Rhizome30 gram
- Mahi Rubiyan 30 gram
- Maghz Pambadana (Maghz Binola) Gosypium herbaceum 100 g
- Maghz Akhrot 70 gram
- Maghz sar Kunjashk (Chiron ka Maghz) 30 gram
- Ghee 10 gram
- Qiwam Shakar Sugar syrup 2 kg
- Warq Nuqra Silver leaf 5.5 gram
Live earth worms are collected in a vessel containing salted butter milk and kept till the worms excrete out the mud completely and settle down at the bottom. These (mud free earth worms) are removed an washed with fresh water, dried in shade and preserved. The earth worms are then pounded in an iron mortar and sieved through a fine mesh for use in medicine.
Pippali is known as Pippali, Pipal, Long Pepper and Dried Catkins. It is fruits of a plant Piper longum. It is pungent (Katu) in taste, hot in potency and sweet (Madhur Vipak) after digestion. The main organs on which it works are digestive, reproductive and respiratory. It has analgesic, anthelmintic, aphrodisiac, carminative and expectorant properties and is used in treatment of digestive and respiratory ailments such as gas, bloating, distension, digestive weakness, excess phlegm, asthma, bronchitis, colds, coughs and laryngitis. It is also used in rheumatic pain, gout, paralysis etc. as it reduces Vata inside body, gives relief in pain and digests Ama (toxic waste produced in body to incomplete digestion).
Pippali increases Pitta inside body. So people of Pitta nature should use it cautiously. Moreover, the long term and excessive use of Pippali is contraindicated in Ayurveda.
Benefits of Majun Salab
- Regular intake of this medicine Increases the density of semen and sperm count.
- It is also useful in premature ejaculation and to improve sex vigour.
- It helps to get and maintain erection.
- It improves libido.
- It has nervine, aphrodisiac and antioxidant properties.
- It improves sexual health and supports overall vitality.
- It promotes strength and stamina.
- It enhances the function of male reproductive organs
- It is Non-hormonal.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Majun Salab
Majoon Salab, is sexual tonic for men. It has aphrodisiac, spermatogenic, erectogenic and strengthing action. Due to these properties, it is useful in low libido, sexual weakness, involuntary loss of semen, impotence, poor sperm quality, and watery semen.
- Aphrodisiac (Muqawwi-e-Bah)
- Mardana Kamzori
- Sexual Debility (Zof-E-Bah)
- Riqqat-e-mani (watery semen)
Dosage of Majun Salab
Majun Salab should be taken orally in dose of 5 grams, daily in the morning with 250 ml of milk.
- This medicine contains Earthworms.
- This medicine is not suitable for diabteic person.
- Hamdard Majun Salab from Hamdard Laboratories India
- REX REMEDIES PVT.LTD Majun Salab (60 Gms)
Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.