Maha Vata Vidhvaasana Rasa, is an Ayurvedic medicine used in treatment of Vata Roga. It is contains purified Mercury and sulphur, calx of Lead, Tin, Iron, Copper, Mica and other herbal ingredients.
Table of Contents
As it contains minerals therefore it is highly recommended that you take it only when prescribed by Ayurvedic doctor. You should take the medicine in prescribed dose and duration only as any excess can affect overall health in negative manner. Excess dose can lead to many adverse side effects including low BP and pulse due to aconite poisoning. If you use this medicine for extended duration there are chances of overdose of minerals.
What is Vata and Vata Roga
In Ayurveda, Vata is responsible for all sort of movement. It includes movement of body as well as in mind. It controls flow of blood, elimination of wastes, breathing and the thoughts in the mind. Vata moves Kapha and Pitta and thus any vitaitaion in Vata Dosha can lead to many health problems.
Vata can be understood as impulse principle necessary for mobilizing the nervous system. It is combination of air and space and controls movement. There are 5 kinds of Vata in our body. The diseases which result from the morbid state of vata are called Vata roga.
Pran Vata governs senses, reasoning, enthusiasm and thinking.
Imbalance of Prana Vata causes worries, overactive mind, sleep problems and difficulty breathing.
Udana Vata governs quality of voice, memory and movement of thought and its imbalance causes Dry coughs, sore throats, earaches, general fatigue.
Samana Vata governs movement of food through digestive tract and when it becomes out of balance it causes Slow or rapid digestion, gas, intestinal cramps, poor assimilation, weak tissues.
Apana Vata is responsible for watse removal, sexual function and reproductive function.
Imbalance of Apan Vata causes intestinal cramps, menstrual problems, lower back pain, irregularity, diarrhea, constipation, gas etc.
Vyana Vata controls flow of blood, rhythm of heart, shakiness, stress etc.
Vyana Vata imbalance lead to dry or rough skin, nervousness, shakiness, poor blood flow, stress-related problems.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Mahavat Vidhwansan Ras
Mahavat Vidhwansan Ras is a potent combination to balance Vata and to give relief in Vata Roga that occur at various location in body.
It is very important that you take Ayurvedic medicine as per the vitiation of Dosha and for this you should consult Ayurvedic doctor.
Mahavat Vidhwansan Ras is generally given in following conditions:
- Apasmara (epilepsy)
- Arsha (haemorrhoids)
- Pain in bones
- Joint pain
- Joint swelling
- Mudhata (entrapment of vata)
- Muscular pain
- Pliha roga (splenic disease)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Shula (colicky pain)
- Swelling of joints
- Vatavikara (disorder due to vata dosha)
Mahavat Vidhwansan Ras Dose
The recommended dose of Mahavat Vidhwansan Ras is 125 mg or 1 Ratti once or twice a day, depending on the age, digestion, strength and the condition to be treated.
Fluid Adjuvant / Anupana
- Ardraka svarasa (ginger juice)
- Bhringaraja svarasa (Eclipta Alba juice)
- Eranda Taila (castor oil)
- Ghrita (Ghee)
- Madhu (Honey)
Duration of treatment
Upto a month.
It is not an over-the-counter (OTC) medicine. Do not use without prescription, guidance and oversight of Ayurvedic physicians.
- Do not overdose.
- It contains aconite which can cause adverse reactions.
- There are chances that the use of larger than recommended dose can produce reactions such as hypotension and bradycardia due to aconite poisoning.
Possible Side effects
Following side effects are possible in case of large dose:
- Black out
- Bursting type of pain over the back of the head
- Cold hand and feet
- Heaviness of tongue
- Irregular rhythm low volume
- Low blood pressure and pulse rate
- Numbness and tingling sensation of palm and sole
- Numbness around the mouth
- Retention of urine
- Severe sweating
These are symptoms of aconite poisoning due to overdose of aconite containing Ayurvedic medicine. Immediately consult doctor.
Composition of Mahavat Vidhwansan Ras
As Per Rasatantrasara Va Siddhaprayogasangraha, Kharaliya-Rasayana: 37
- Parada shuddha 12 g
- Gandhaka shuddha 12 g
- Nagabhasma (shataputi) 12 g
- Vanga bhasma 12 g
- Lauha bhasma 12 g
- Tamra (bhasma) 12 g
- Abhraka (bhasma) 12 g
- Pippali (Fr.) 12 g
- Saubhagya (Shuddha Tankan) 12 g
- Maricha (Fr.) 12 g
- Shunthi (Rz.) 12 g
- Vatsanabha (shuddha) (Rt.) 48 g
- Trikatu kvatha Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Triphala kvatha (P.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Chitraka mula kvatha (Pl.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Bhringaraja svarasa (Rt.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Kushtha kvatha (Rt.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Nirgundi Patra svarasa (Lf.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Arka dugdha (L.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Amalaki svarasa (Fr.P.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Ardraka svarasa (Rz.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times
- Nimbu svarasa (Fr.) Q. S. for bhavana 3 times