Laxmi Narayan Ras is a combination of purified Sulphur, Tankan, Vatsanabha, Hingula, Abhrak Bhasma, and herbal ingredients. It is a powerful combination useful in treating the conditions that occur due to vitiation of Vata Dosha, and the diseases occurring due to various toxins in the body. It is useful in Vata Vyadhi, fever, diarrhea, dysentery, gastroenteritis, puerperal diseases, abdominal pain etc.
Table of Contents
Laxmi Narayan Ras Composition
Lakshminarayan Ras is prepared from the following ingredients:
- Gandhaka – Shuddha 1 Part
- Tankana – Shuddha 1 Part
- Visha (Vatsanabha) – Shuddha (Rt. Tr.) 1 Part
- Hingula-Shuddha 1 Part
- Rohini (Katuka) (Rz.) 1 Part
- Ativisha – Shuddha (Rt. Tr.) 1 Part
- Krishna (pippali) (Fr.) 1 Part
- Vatsaka (Kutaja) (Sd.) 1 Part
- Abhraka bhasma 1 Part
- Saindhava lavana 1 Part
- Danti Drava (Rt) Q.S.(for Bhavana & mardana 3) days
- Haritaki (P.) Q.S.(for Bhavana & mardana 3) days
- Amalaki (P.) Q.S.(for Bhavana & mardana 3) days
- Bibhitaka (P.) Q.S.(for Bhavana & mardana 3) days
Manufacturers, and Brand
- Baidyanath Laxminarayan Ras
- Sadhana Ayurvedics Laxmi Narayan Ras
- Bhardwaj Laxmi Narayan Ras
- Zandu Laxmi Narayan Rasa
Laxmi Narayan Ras Indications
Laxminarayan Rasa is used in the treatment of Diarrhoea, Fever, Malabsorption syndrome, Gastroenteritis, puerperal disease, etc.
- Amatisara (Diarrhoea due to indigestion/ Ama)
- Atisara (Diarrhoea)
- Grahani (Malabsorption syndrome)
- Jvara (Fever)
- Meha (Excessive flow of urine)
- Prasutavata (Puerperal disorder)
- Raktatisara (Diarrhoea with Bleeding)
- Sannipata Roga (Disease due to vitiation of all Dosha)
- Shula (Colicky Pain)
- Sutikaroga (Post-partum disorder puerperal disorders)
- Vataroga (Disease due to Vata dosha)
- Vishamajvara (Intermittent fever)
- Vishuchi (Gastro-enteritis with piercing pain)
Laxmi Narayan Ras Dose
The recommended dose is 125 mg to 250 mg.
- Ardraka Svarasa Fresh Ginger Juice
- Tambula Rasa Betle leaf juice
- Narikelodaka Coconut water
- This is a prescription drug. Do not use it for self-treatment.
- It is not suitable for children. Keep out of the reach of children, and animals.
- It is UNSAFE to use this medicine for the long term.
- Long term use will result in the accumulation of minerals in the body.
- It is UNSAFE to use it in excess dose. Overdose has many toxic effects.
Pregnancy, and Breastfeeding
It is unsafe to take this medicine during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
The medicine can produce side effects in a dose-dependent manner. Following side effects are the possible if you take this medicine in excess dose:
- Breathing problems
- Burning sensation in your mouth, and tongue
- Heart problems
- Irregular heartbeat
- Rapid heartbeat, or abnormal heart rhythms
- Reduced blood pressure, and cardiac rhythm
- Stomach pains
- Weakness or inability to move
These side effects are the possible. They may not happen with everyone but in case you feel any of the side effect, immediately contact the doctor.