Intestinal parasites or worms are the parasitic infection of gut caused helminths and protozoa. It includes nematodes (roundworms), cestodes (tapeworms), and trematodes (flatworms). Parasites in the intestine are responsible for anemia, poor physical and mental growth of children.
Table of Contents
- 1 Price of Patanjali Divya Vidangasava
- 2 Benefits of Vidangasava
- 3 Indications of Patanjali Divya Vidangasava
- 4 Dose and How to take Vidangasava
- 5 Side effects of Vidangasava
- 6 When to not use Vidangasava?
- 7 Composition of Vidangasava
Pinworm infection in children causes anal itching and nocturnal restlessness. Hookworm infection can cause microcytic hypochromic anemia, hypoproteinemia, edema, pica, and wasting. Tapeworm causes tiredness, abdominal pain, weight loss, and diarrhea.
In Ayurveda, Vidangasava is specially formulated for treatment of intestinal worms. It is a classical Ayurvedic medicine prepared only from herbal ingredients and is safe for children and adult. It expels Intestinal worms and helps to give relief in associated symptoms like stomachache, loss of appetite, poor digestion etc. The principle ingredient of medicine include Vidanga or Embelia ribes which is mainly used in the treatment of worms. Embelin is [2,5-Dihydroxy-3-undecyl-2,5- cyclohexadiene-1,4-dione] an active constituent of the vidang.
Price of Patanjali Divya Vidangasava
Patanjali Divya Pharmacy manufactured Vidangasava is available at a price of ₹75 for 1 bottle of 450 ml.
Packaging Size: 450ml
Benefits of Vidangasava
Vidangasava is a fermented liquid preparation made with formulated ingredients. It contains not more than 10% and not less than 5% of self-generated alcohol. It is a polyherbal formulation with anthelmintic action.
Treats Intestinal worms
Vidangasava showed comparable activity with albendazole. This is particularly useful drug for roundworm and tapeworm.
Gives relief in stomach ache and abdominal bloating
- Vidangasava is effective in removing gas from the intestines.
- This is very effective in stomach pain and stomach caused by gas.
This cleans up the blood and lymph of ama toxic substances. Since it cleans the cough from the skin, it prevents itching.
Treats loss of appetite
Vidangasava improves appetite and digestion by treating the intestinal infections.
Good for skin
Vidangasava clears excess Kapha from the skin and helps in itching. It cleans the blood and lymph of ama toxins causing swollen glands and supperative skin problems.
Safe to use
It can be used in children’s stomach worms.
Indications of Patanjali Divya Vidangasava
- All types of worm infestations
- Intestinal Worms
- Stomach ache
- Digestive disorders
- Abdominal bloating
- Loss of appetite
- Skin Disorders related to itching of skin
Dose and How to take Vidangasava
- The recommended dose is 12-24 milliliters for adult person.
- Children can give up to half the amount of quantity given to the adult.
- The medication should be combined with equal amount of water as well.
- Take it after breakfast and after dinner.
- It should be taken 30 minutes after meals, twice a day, morning and evening.
- Take this medicine for 1-2 months.
Side effects of Vidangasava
In prescribed dose, there are no side effect of the drug.
This may acidity n some people.
When to not use Vidangasava?
- Do not take it during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- In Ayurveda, consumption of hot potency food items is prohibited in pregnancy. Do not use it during pregnancy.
- Do not take it in excess of the quantity given.
- If there is any kind of allergic reaction to medicine, do not use it.
- Excessive intake can cause problems in the stomach, acidity, etc.
- If the bile is very high then do not use it.
Store the formulation in cool and dry place.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Composition of Vidangasava
- Quantity for 100 ml
- Vidanga Emelia ribes 781.81 mg
- Pippali Mool Piper longum roots 781.81 mg
- Rasna Pluchea lanceolata 781.81 mg
- Kutaj Tvak Holarrhena antidysenterica 781.81 mg
- Patha Cissampelos pareira 781.81 mg
- Elavaluka Prunus avium 781.81 mg
- Amlaki Emblica officinalis 781.81 mg
- Madhu Honey 46.90 gm
- Dhatakipushp Woodfordia fruticosa 3127.27 mg
- Tvak Cinnamomum zeylanicum 104.24 mg
- Ela Elettaria cardamomum 104.24 mg
- Tejpatra Cinnamomum tamala 104.24 mg
- Priyangu Callicarpa macrophylia 156.36 mg
- Kanchanar Bauhinia variegate 156.36 mg
- Lodhra Tvak Symplocos racemosa 156.36 mg
- Shunthi Zingiber officinale 1240 mg
- Maricha Piper nigrum 1240 mg
- Pippali Piper longum 1240 mg