Lohasava is an Ayurvedic syrup indicated for Anemia, weakness, and exhaustion, skin disorders, cardiac disorder, arrhythmia, diabetes, ascites, asthma, piles, anorexia, fistula and liver conditions. It is a hematinic medicine containing Iron. It is great for achieving relief from an enlarged spleen.
Table of Contents
Lohasav is prepared by fermentation which generates 4 – 10 % self-generated alcohol which acts as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble the active herbal components to the body.
Lohasava improves hemoglobin level, digestion, strength, metabolism and helps in inflammatory conditions, pain and inflammation of piles.
Ayurvedic Properties of Lohasava Syrup
- Rasa (taste on the tongue): Kasaya (Astringent), Madhura (Sweet), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Laghu (Light), Ushna (Hot), Ruksha (Dry)
- Virya: Ushna (Heating)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Katu (Pungent)
- Karma: Kapaha-Vatahar
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Lohasava
- Deepan: Enkindles the digestive fire.
- Kaphavatashamak: Pacifies aggravated Vata and Kapha.
- Krimighn: Worm destroying.
- Kusthaghna: herbs which treat skin diseases.
- Lekhaniya: Scraping property.
- Pandughna: Used in anemia.
- Raktadoshahar: blood purifying
- Shothahar: Removes inflammation.
Benefits of Lohasavaa
- It contains iron and helps to increase the hemoglobin level.
- It contains naturally processed iron.
- It cures iron deficiency & anemia.
- It helps in digestion.
- It improves the functioning of the liver
- It increases digestive power and metabolism.
- It is effective in skin diseases, asthma, cough.
- It is excellent in anemia.
- It is good for the liver and spleen disorders.
- It is useful in hepatosplenomegaly due to anemia.
- It reduces swelling and inflammation.
- It relieves pain and inflammation of piles and used extensively in the treatment of many skin disorders, used in cardiac disorder, arrhythmia.
- It is herbal medicine.
Lohasava Therapeutic Uses
Lohasav contains iron and indicated in the deficiency of iron in the body. It is an Ayurvedic iron tonic. It shows beneficial effects in anemic dropsy and diseases of the spleen, indigestion, anemia, hepatosplenomegaly due to anemia and obesity.
- Accumulation of fluid inside the body
- Agnimandya (digestive impairment)
- Arsha (piles)
- Aruchi (tastelessness)
- Bhagandara (fistula-in-ano)
- Chronic fever, Malarial fever, Visham jwar
- Grahani (malabsorption syndrome)
- Gulma (abdominal lump)
- Hridroga (disease of the heart)
- Jathara (weak digestion)
- Kasa (cough)
- Kushtha (disease of the skin)
- Pandu (anemia)
- Pliha Roga (splenic disease)
- Shvasa (asthma)
- Shvayathu (edema)
Lohasava Syrup Dosage
It is taken in a dose of 12 ml to 24 ml, twice a day, in the morning and evening after having breakfast and dinner.
- It is taken after mixing with an equal amount of water.
- You can take this medicine continuously for 1-2 months.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Always take in recommended doses. A higher dose may cause a burning sensation, gastric discomfort, and irritation.
Avoid in pregnancy.
It contains jaggery and honey hence it is not suitable for a diabetic person.
- Loha Churna Shodhita (Lauha) Iron dust 192 g
- Shunthi Zingiber officinale Rz. 192 g
- Marica Piper nigrum Fr. 192 g
- Pippali Piper longum Fr. 192 g
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula P. 192 g
- Bibhitaka Terminalia Billerica P. 192 g
- Amalaki Emblica officinalis P. 192 g
- Yavanika (Yavani) Trachyspermum Ammi Fr. 192 g
- Vidanga Embelia Ribes Fr. 192 g
- Mustaka (Musta) Cyperus rotundus Rz. 192 g
- Chitra (Eranda) Ricinus communis Rt. 192 g
- Dhataki Woodfordia fruticosa Fl. 960 g
- Madhu Honey 3.072 kg
- Guda Jaggery 4.80 kg
- Water 24.576 liter
- Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;St.=Stem;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
225ml, 450ml & 680ml
Manufacturer and Brand
- Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan Lohasav
- Patanjali Divya Pharmacy Lohasava
- Dabur Lohasava
- Kottakkal Ayurveda Lohasavam
- Vaidyaratnam Lohasavam
- Kerala Ayurveda Lohasavam
- AVP Lohasavam