Table of Contents
Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshad Wala is an Unani medicine containing ingredients derived from plant, animal and mineral resources. It is a semi-solid preparation, which is particularly used for general debility. It gives strength to brain and heart. 5-gram dose of this medicine is taken in morning or when needed with full glass of milk.
Khameera medicines were not used in Arabic and Persian period but are the invented by Indian Hakims during Mogul period. The word Khamira in the Unani system of medicine indicates fermented confection.
Khamira is a semi-solid preparation but neither thick like Majun nor liquid like syrup. It is prepared by adding a decoction of herbal drugs or powdered drugs to a base (Qiwam) made up of sugar or sugar with honey. Other thherbal ingredients, animal and mineral origin drugs are also mixed. After preparation of solution, it is so triturated that it become frothy and colour turns white due to mixing the air constituents in it.
Khamiras have been named on the basis of constituents used for the preparation. It contains ingredient Abresham (Bombax mori cocoon) and is invented by Hakim Arshad and hence named Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshad Wala.
Khamiras usually act as a cardio-tonic, and tonic for the brain, the liver, and stomach, and is also used for various other ailments like palpitations, weakness of heart, weakness of principal organs, cough, cold, catarrh, including respiratory and nervous disorders.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Synonym: Khameera Abresham Hakim Arshad wala, Khamira-e-Abresham Hakim Arshad wala
- Type of medicine: Classical Unani Medicine
- Purpose: Tonic
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Suitable for: Unisex
Unani System of medicine evolved in Greece and was first introduced to India by the Arabs. It is also called as Greco-Arab medicine, Unani tibb, Arabian medicine, or Islamic medicine. Hippocrates is known as the father of this system of medicine. The theoretical framework of Unani medicine is based on his teachings.
It is a traditional medicinal system and commonly practiced in South Asia. The origins of Unani medicines are found in the doctrines of the ancient Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen. It was later developed and refined through systematic experiment by the Arabs. Unani medicines are prepared from medicinal plants, minerals, animals products etc. In Unani medicine, single drugs or their combinations in raw forms are preferred over compound formulations. The naturally occurring drugs used in this system are usually free from any side effects.
Ingredients of Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshad Wala
- Ood Gharql (Aquilaria agallocha) 5 gram
- Sumbul ut teeb (Nardostachys jatamansi) 5 gram
- Post Turanj (Citrus medics) 5 gram
- Mastagi (Pistacia lentiscus) 5 gram
- Qaranfal (Syzygium aromaticum) 5g Dana Ilaichi Khurd (Elettaria cardamomum) 5 gram
- Sazaj Hindi (Cinnamomum tamala) 5 gram
- Burada Sandal Safaid (Santa/um album) 5 gram
- Aabresham (Bombyx mori) 500 gram
- Ambar (Ambra grasea) 5 gram
- Marwareed (Mytilus margaritiferus) 10 gram
- Yacpot (Ruby) 10 gram
- Yashab Sabz (Green jasper) 10 gram
- Kehruba Shamai (Pins succinifera) 10 gram
- Marjan (Corallium rubrium) 10 gram
- Mushk (Moschus moschiferous) 5 gram
- Zafran (Crocus sativa) 5 gram Warq-e-Nuqra (Silver) 5 gram
- Warq-e-Tila (Gold) 5 gram
- Arq-e-Gaozaban (Borago officinalis) 160 ml
- Arq-e-Baidmushk (Sa/ix caprea) 160 ml
- Arq-e-Gulab (Rosa damascena) 160 ml
- Arq-e-Keora (Pandanus tectorius) Q.S
- Aab-e-Seb Sheerien (Malus sylvestris) 160 ml
- Aab-e-Anar Sheerien (Punica granatum) 160 ml
- Aab-e-Behl Sheerien (Cydonia oblonga) 160 ml
- Aab-e-Baran (Rain Water) 2 litre
- Nabat Safaid 1 kg
Benefits of Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshad Wala
- It is Muqavvi-e-Aam (General Tonic).
- It is Muqavvi-e-Qalb (Cardaic Tonic).
- It is used as Muqavvi Jiger (Liver tonic).
- It is Muqavvi Aaza Raisa (Vital organ tonic).
- It is a brilliant cardiotonic and removes restlessness, palpitation and tension.
- It is also very useful in curing post disease weakness.
- It is beneficial in Amraz Qalb (Cardiac Ailments), Khafqan (Palpitation), Malekholia (Melancholia) and Nazla (Catarrh).
Important Therapeutic Uses of Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshad Wala
- Khafgan (Palpitations) rapid, strong, or irregular heartbeat due to agitation, exertion, or illnes
- Zauf-e-Aza-e-Raisa (Weakness of principal organs such as Heart, Brain, and Liver)
- Malikhoolia (Melancholia) feeling of deep sadness
- Naqahat (Asthenia) abnormal physical weakness or lack of energy
The Dosage of Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshad Wala
- Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshad Wala should be taken orally in a dose of 3-5 grams.
- It can be taken once or twice a day, depending on condition.
- It may be given before breakfast and in evening.
- It may be taken with Arq Gaozaban 125ml, or water.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is safe medicine without any known side-effect.
- Do not take any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Avoid rich, spicy and flatulent food.
- Do not take during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- It should not be taken during pregnancy.
- It is not suitable for a diabetic person due to sugar content.
- Hamdard Laboratories (India)
- Dehlvi Naturals
- Sadar Laboratories
- Store in a cool and dry place in a tightly closed container,
- protected from light and moisture.