Table of Contents
Dr. Ortho Oil is polyherbal proprietary Ayurvedic medicines from SBS Biotech (Unit-II) Ayurvedic Division, Mou za Rampur Jattan, Himachal Pradesh. Dr. Ortho is used in the management of painful and inflammatory conditions. Dr. Ortho Capsules are for oral intake and the Oil is applied externally on painful body areas. They are also helpful in chronic joint and knee pain.
Dr. Ortho oil is Pain Relief Oil, a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicated oil based on Ayurvedic principles. The main ingredient of this formulation is Wintergreen Oil or Gandhpura Oil. Wintergreen Oil contains oenanthic alcohol (n-heptane-1-ol) and its ester (giving a characteristic odor of the volatile oil). The oil has a rubefacient effect. The oil is used in the form of ointment in acute rheumatism, muscular aches, sprains, headache and sciatica and also as an ingredient in the mouthwash, toothpaste, etc.
Dr. Ortho oil is an Ayurvedic Medicinal Oil blend of 8 medicinal Oils. It is applied topically on pain in muscles, legs, back, neck, joints or shoulders. Its application helps to stimulate blood circulation and gives relief in stiffness of muscles and limbs, body ache, muscular pains, severe joint pain or swelling, and joint aches. It has no side effect. Dr. Ortho Oil has good spreadability with quick absorption over the affected area.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer: BS Biotech (Unit-II) Ayurvedic Division, Mou za Rampur Jattan, Himachal Pradesh
- Synonyms: Doctor Ortho Oil for joint pain, Doctor Ortho Pain Relief Oil
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Ayurvedic pain relief medicine for Joint pain
- MRP/Price: Dr. Ortho Oil 120 ml is available at the MRP of Rupees 295.
Dr. Ortho Oil Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 100ml Oil Contains:
- Linum Usitatissimum (Alsi Oil) 5ml
- Cinnamomum Camphora (Kapoor Oil) 5ml
- Mentha Piperata (Pudina Oil) 5ml
- Pinus Roxburghi (Cheed Oil) 8ml
- Gaultheria Fragrantissima (Gandhapura Oil) 8ml
- Vitex Negundo (Nirgundi Oil) 2ml
- Celastrus Paniculatus (Jyotishmati Oil) 2ml
- Sesamum Indicum (Til Oil) 65ml
Gaultherio fragrantissima Sensu Trimen., Gaultheria punctata, Gaultheria leschenaultii DC, is a much-branched shrub with stiff erect twigs and leaves, bark yellowish, young twigs smooth, pink and somewhat compressed; leaves simple, alternate, numerous, persistent. 3.7—6.3 cm long on short, stout petioles, oblong-oval or oblong-lanceolate, rounded at base, obtuse or apiculate at apex, serrate, venation reticulate, bright green above, paler and dotted with dark brown glands beneath.
The leaves of the plant on distillation yield oil of Wintergreen, which by enzyme action on the glucoside, monotropitoside produces methyl salicylate. The oil also contains minute quantities of alcohol, a ketone, and an ester.
Sesame Oil is one of the most popular massage oil. It is used as a base oil to prepare Ayurvedic medicated oil. It is heavy, unctuous, bitter, astringent and hot in potency. It contains 8 essential amino acids good for the brain and used for head massage since ancient times.
Wintergreen Oil or Gandhapura oil is used for the preparation of ointment used as an application on muscular pains and rheumatism. The oil is a stimulant, carminative and antiseptic. It is applied externally as a liniment in rheumatism, sciatica and in acute rheumatism, acute pain of nervine origin, muscular aches, sprains, headache, sciatica, and neuralgia. Oil is also used as an ingredient in the mouthwash, toothpaste, etc.
Sarala, Pita-vriksha, Surabhidaruka, Dhuupavriksha, Ghandh-Birojaa, Simaidevadaru, Long-leaved Pine, Three-leaved Pine, Chir Pine are names of Pinus roxburghii Sarg. The essential oil from oleoresin contains chiefly alpha-and beta-pinene, carene and longifoline. The is used as a rubefacient for rheumatism and muscle stiffness.
Nirgundi is also known as Nirgundi, Tarvan, Negad, Veeru, etc. Every part of this plant is used in the form of powder, decoction, oil, leaves the paste for its medicinal qualities.
The leaves of Nirgundi (Vitex negundo Linn; family Verbenaceae) is used in Ayurveda for inflammatory swelling of joints, in rheumatism. It has vishaghna (antitoxin), antiseptic, anti-periodic and analgesic action. It is one of the important herb used in treatment Vata diseases. The leaves contain iridoid glycosides, isomeric flavanones, and flavonoids, besides casticin and the glucosides, luteolin-7-glucoside and alpha-D-glucoside of a tetrahydroxy monomethoxy flavone. A water extract of the leaves, when administered to rats, exhibited anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antihistaminic and membrane stabilizing and antioxidant activities.
Sesame Oil is used as a base for medicinal oils. It is unctuous, heavy, sweet, bitter, astringent, and heating. It is the best oil for Vata. It gives relief in aches, pains, and stiffness. It norishes the nervous system and cures nervous disorders. It strengthens the muscles and cures the dryness. Massaging with this oil detoxifies the body.
Biomedical Action of Dr. Ortho Oil
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Analgesic: Relieve pain.
- Antirheumatic: Counteracting rheumatism and rheumatoid disease.
- Cooling: Relaxing.
- Rubefacient: Produces redness of the skin on topical application by causing dilation of the capillaries and an increase in blood circulation.
- Soothing: Calming effect.
Dr. Ortho Oil Health Benefits
- It is for external use.
- It is completely safe to use.
- It has pain relieving action.
- As it has analgesic action it can be applied to various muscoskeletal disorders.
- Its application helps to reduce swelling, stiffness of the joint and thus supports better functioning.
- It is applied on the forehead in case of coryza, congestion, cold and cough. It helps indirectly by improving blood circulation and reducing congestion.
- It gives relief in sprain, strain, and pain caused by abnormal twisting of the body part such as Moch.
- In the case of pain in the neck region, lower back, upper back apply this for relief.
- This OTC and is useful in multiple pain-related conditions.
Dr. Ortho Oil Therapeutic Uses
- Joint pain
- Leg pain
- Muscles pain
- Pain and inflammation due to joint injury
- Shoulder pain
How to use Dr. Ortho Ayurvedic Medicinal Oil
- For external use ONLY.
- Take 5-10 ml oil and warm it.
- Now massage gently on the affected area for 5-10 minutes.
- This oil should not be applied to open wounds or burns. Wash hands before and after applying oil.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- This product is for external use only. It must not be taken internally.
- It is completely safe for topical use in adults.
- This product is not suitable for infants.
- Keep away from sight and reach of children.
- Wash your hands carefully after every use.
- Duration of treatment and onset of action depends on various factors (severity, symptoms of the disease, age physical conditions of the patient, etc. So, do not expect magic.
- The results may vary from person to person.
- Keep away from eyes, sensitive areas, cut and irritated skin, genitals.
- In the case of accidental contact with eyes, wash eyes with cool plain water.
- Do a patch test before using.