Table of Contents
Himalaya Tentex forte is proprietary Ayurvedic from Himalaya Drug Company. It is indicated in low libido, erectile dysfunction, low testosterone level, and male sexual weakness. It can boost stamina and energy level in males. It can improve sex desire and prolong the duration.
Tentex forte and Himcolin cream can be helpful for a person in the treatment of functional ED to improve the frequency, quality and sustainability of erection.
Himalaya Tentex forte contains natural ingredients and is a non-hormonal sex stimulant. Its intake improves sexual performance. It has anti-stress and adaptogenic properties.
Himalaya Tentex forte has antidepressant effect on central nervous system and stimulant effect on brain and reduces anxiety and stress. It is combination of aphrodisiac, sedative and tonic ingredients of plant and mineral origin. It improves body immunity to keep away infections.
Tentex forte helps to induce spermatogenesis in males. Its intake increases testosterone level and sperm count. It also helps to improve libido and erection. This combination helps to reduce stress, anxiety and increase energy level and testosterone level. The reproductive organs are nourished due to anabolic effect. All these factors contribute to improve sexual performance of male.
This medicine contains herbomineral ingredients, Makardhwaj, Trivang Bhasma and Nux Vomica. It affects brain and heart. Trivang Bhasma is a compound Bhasma preparation of Naga (Lead), Vanga (Tin) and Yashad (Zinc) indicated in respiratory ailments, bleeding disorders, urinary disorders, digestive impairment and weakness.
Therefore, it is highly recommended to take this medicine with due caution and UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION ONLY. This page is intended to give you correct information about this medicine. Do not use this information to self-diagnose and self-medicate. It is always better to start with low dose. Do check the list of ingredients and their side effects.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Himalaya Drug Company
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Aphrodisiac supplement, libido stimulant
- Suitable for: Males
- MRP/Price: 10 tablets Rupees 60.00
Himalaya Tentex forte Ingredients (Composition)
Each Tentex forte tablet contains:
Exts. / Extracts
Kasturilatika (Hibiscus abelmoschus) 10mg
Pdrs / Powders
- Ashvagandha (Withania somnifera) 81mg
- Vriddhadaru (Argyreia speciosa) 32mg
- Kapikacchu (Mucuna pruriens) 32mg
- Trivang bhasma 32mg
- Shilajeet 32mg
- Kumkuma (Crocus sativus) 25mg
- Kupilu (Strychnos nuxvomica) 16mg
- Makaradhvaja 16mg
- Akarakarabha (Anacyclus pyrethrum) 16mg
- Bala (Sida cordifolia) 16mg
- Shalmali (Bombax malabaricum) 16mg
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) 5mg
Processed in: Bala (Sida cordifolia), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Vidari (Ipomoea digitata), Nagavalli (Piper betle), Ashvagandha (Withania somnifera), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Vriddhadaru (Argyreia speciosa), Khadira (Acacia arabica), and Dashamoola
Key ingredients of Tentex forte
Ashwagandha or Withania somnifera Dunal. dried root powder has adaptogen, tonic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulator, anti-tumour, nervine, mild sedative, analgesic, reproductive tonic, aphrodisiac and anti-anaemic properties. It is a Rasayana that gives longevity and vitality. It is prescribed for promoting health, longevity, arresting aging process, revitalizing the body in debilitated conditions, increasing immunity, treating musculoskeletal conditions and as general tonic to increase energy.
CAUTIONS FOR ASHWAGANDHA USE
- Do not take this herb with other sedatives or anti-anxiety drugs. Some constituents of Ashwagandha can make you drowsy, so it should not be combined with sedative drugs.
- Ashwagandha may have blood-glucose-lowering effects, these seem to be mild, and would not generally be expected to affect the control of diabetes with conventional medicines.
- Ashwagandha may affect the reliability of digoxin assays, and interfere with the control of hypo- and hyperthyroidism.
- The animal data available suggest that, in patients taking digoxin and Ashwagandha, digoxin levels might be spuriously elevated when assayed using a fluorescence.
- Limited evidence suggests that Ashwagandha increases thyroid hormone levels and therefore interferes with the control of hypo and hyperthyroidism.
- High dosages of alkaloids from Withania exhibit prolonged hypotensive, bradycardiac and respiratory stimulant actions, may also have depressant effect on higher cerebral centers; sedative effects have also been demonstrated.
- It increases Ama Dosha.
- Use with caution in peptic ulcer disease as it may cause gastrointestinal irritation.
- People who are sensitive to the Solanaceae family should use this herb with caution.
- Ashwagandha should be taken cautiously in in excess pitta and ama with congestion.
- It appears to be well tolerated according to clinical research. No significant adverse toxicity or adverse reactions reported.
Kevanch or Kaunch refers to seeds of Mucuna pruriens. Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). L-DOPA is a direct precursor to dopamine, and its supplementation can increase dopamine levels in the body. L-Dopa has been considered one of the most effective treatments of Parkinson’s disease available.
Mucuna seed powder is especially used to improve sexual function and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary and gonadal axis. It reduces stress. Mucuna seed powder helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality, and acts as a restorative and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac. Kaunch, is indicated in male disorders to treat oligospermia, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low libido, and impotency.
Kaunch is central nervous system stimulant (in low dosage). It is nervine tonic and improves libido. Kaunch seeds are rich in alkaloids that cause increase in sperm count. Its intake increases weight of testes and prostrate due to its androgenic activity. The administration of seed powder increases libido significantly. Kaunch is used in Ayurveda to cure muscular atrophy, wasting disease facial paralysi, weakness, depression, insomnia etc. It is given in combination with Ashwagandha, Gokhru as a sex tonic.
Gokhru has urine increasing, cardio-tonic, libido improving, expectorant and laxative properties. It has revitalizing and energizing effect. It is used in treatment of male urinary problems and impotence. Its intake increases testosterone level and sperm count. Gokhru improves sexual desire and erection.
Shilajit is made of decomposed centuries old plants and rocks under pressure. In Ayurveda, for medicinal purpose detoxified Shilajit is used which is known as Shuddha Shilajit. It is an adaptogen and a major Ayurvedic rejuvenation tonic. It improves digestion and assimilation. In Ayurveda, it is considered a medicine which has ability to cure every disease. It is highly condensed minerals and amino acid. It slows ageing and degeneration.
Shilajit works on reproductive organs. It control blood sugar level, and improves immunity. It gives relief in chronic disorders, body pain and diabetes. Its intake gives physical, mental and sexual power.
Makardhwaj is the most renowned tonics of Ayurveda. It is chemically Red Sulphide of mercury (with gold). The chemical analysis of Makardhwaja shows it contained Sulphur 13.78 percentage and Mercury 86.22 percentage.
It has immune boosting, strength promoting, and fertility improving properties. It gives energy to the heart, brain, nervous and urogenital systems. Makardhwaj is especially well-known for its impotence treating properties. It is a rejuvenators and aphrodisiac. It is used as an efficacious tonic. It cures nervous debility. Makardhwaj is not an intoxicant but it increases all the seven dhatus or body constituents and hence it is an ideal tonic.
Vishamushti, Kuchla, Nux Vomica, Poison Nut, Semen Strychnos, or Strychnos nux-vomica, is useful in improving digestion and removal of toxic substances. It also strengthens the nervous system and muscular coordination, thereby helps in strengthening of muscles, joints and bones.
It alleviates vata and pain and because of its sharpness, it stimulates and strengthens nerves. Useful in vata disorders like neuralgia, facial palsy, hemiplegia, insomnia. Being bitter and pungent, it is a good appetizer, digestive and astringent. Dribbling of the urine due to atonicity of bladder is corrected by it. It cures the laxity of body tissue.
Kuchila Seeds are nervine, stomachic, and cardio-tonic, aphrodisiac, and respiratory stimulant. It is used as a remedy in chronic dysentery, paralytic and neuralgic disorders, epilepsy, rheumatic arthritis, and hydrophobia.
In excessive doses, Strychnos is a virulent poison, producing stiffness of muscles and convulsions, ultimately leading to death. Strychnos nux-vomica Linn. has stimulating effects on respiratory and vasomotor centers. It has direct depressant effect on the heart and inhibits the release of acetylcholine. It acts on cerebral cortex and peripheral nerves, and show marked hyperactivity. It is Toxic.
Large doses of nux vomica cause tetanic convulsions and eventually death results. Even with safe doses there may be some mental derangement. Long-term intake strychnine can cause liver damage.
In the case of toxic symptoms of Strychnos nux-vomica, a leaf paste of Abrus precatorius along with gruel of arrow root (Maranta arundinacea) powder is given.
Benefits of Himalaya Tentex forte
It is prepared from natural herbal ingredients which are used since time immemorial to treat sexual dysfunctions and improving fertility.
- It increases sexual desire, drive and performance.
- It increases the testosterone levels in the body.
- It prevents erectile dysfunction and performance anxiety.
- It reduces stress, anxiety and depression.
- It helps to get and maintain erection.
- Tentex forte and Himcolin cream improves orgasmic response and increases overall satisfaction.
Tentex forte Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- Balya: Increases strength
- Rasayana: Tonic medicine, cures body and mental diseases, delay old age, increase mental power, generating power, vital energy, eyesight, impart intelligence, memory, aid proper digestion and clear complexion
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase the sexual power
- Vrishya: Increases the quantity of semen
Biomedical Action of Himalaya Tentex forte
- Antioxidant: Inhibits oxidation.
- Anxiolytic: reduce anxiety.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Nervine: tonic for nerves, calm the nerves.
Himalaya Tentex forte Therapeutic Uses
- Decreased libido and sexual insufficiency
- Depressed libido
- Drug-induced libido loss
- Erectile dysfunction
- Functional impotency and psychic sex disturbances
- Low libido
- Mild to moderate erectile dysfunction
- Performance anxiety
- Poor erection
- Psychogenic sexual dysfunction
- Sexual weakness
- Short duration of the act which totally unsatisfactory sex life
Himalaya Tentex forte Dosage
Treatment course is to take, Daily two tablets (one tablet in the evening and one at bedtime) for 30 to 45 days. After that take a reduced maintenance dose of 1 tablet twice daily. Repeat course every 6 months, if necessary. Apply Himcolin cream in the penile and pubic region.
The elderly age group requires a higher dosage and longer treatment. Giddiness and sleeplessness are the side-effects observed in higher doses.
Tentex Forte is NOT advisable for males suffering from hypertension, advanced arteriosclerosis, chronic renal disease.
- Food to be taken in ED
- Add milk and butter in diet.
- Non-veg items, Meat or eggs can be consumed.
- Include sweet and astringent taste food items.
- Food to be avoided in ED
- Salty, sour and pungent food items
- smoking, tobacco chewing and alcohol
- TAKE UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION ONLY.
- Person may gain some weight.
- It can be taken by a person suffering from alcohol.
- It may be helpful for a person having demanding job and doing strenuous work.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- It can be taken as as adjuvant with phosphodiesterase (PDE)-5 inhibitors.
- Try to reduce stress.
- Do exercise daily.
- Try to find the reason for ED.
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
- In case of any unpleasant effect, discontinue and ask doctor.
- It is better to avoid in high blood pressure, heart disease or chronic renal disease.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
Tentex Forte Side-effects
- Few people may experience vomiting, upset stomach, headaches, diarrhea etc.
- It may cause weight gain.
- Excess dose cause insomnia and giddiness (a sensation of whirling and a tendency to fall or stagger, dizziness).
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Take this medicine for 4-6 weeks ONLY.
- It contains Shuddha Kuchla or Strychnos nux-vomica, which is sharp and toxic.
- Nux vomica should be given in the minimum dose to people who live in solitude and get angry
- Nux vomica should be given in minimum dose to a patient of hyperacidity, acute flatulence, urinary incontinence, inflammation of the urethra, burning urination and nasal hemorrhages.
- In case the person feels, giddiness and sleeplessness reduce the dose to one tablet at bed time.
- Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.