Table of Contents
- 1 Ingredients of Badam Pak
- 2 Formulation of Patanjali Badam Pak
- 3 Formulation of Baidyanath Badam Pak
- 4 About the Ingredients of Badam Pak
- 5 Badam Pak Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- 6 Biomedical Action of Badam Pak
- 7 Health Benefits of Badam Pak
- 8 Important Therapeutic Uses of Badam Pak
- 9 The Dosage of Badam Pak
Badam Paka is an Ayurvedic preparation containing Almonds, Kaunch, Vanshlochan, and many other herbs, spices, ghee, and sugar. Badam Paka helps to improve stamina, and cures weakness. This medicine is manufactured, and sold by many companies in India. The formulation of Badam Pak may differ from brand to brand.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Availability: Online, and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Tonic, Health supplement
- Not Suitable for: Diabetics, a person on a low sugar diet, obesity
Ingredients of Badam Pak
- Badam Almonds Prunus Amygdalus 2 kg
- Gau Ghrita Cow’s Ghee 200 gram
- Cheeni Saccharum Officinarum 4 kg
- Keshar Crocus Sativus 10 gram
- Javitri Mace Myristica Fragrans 10 gram
- Jaiphal Nutmeg Myristica Fragrans 10 gram
- Sonth dried ginger Zingiber Officinale 10 gram
- Kali Mirch Black Pepper Piper Nigrum 10 gram
- Pippali Long Pepper Piper Longum 10 gram
- Laung Clove Syzygium Aromaticum 10 gram
- Dalchini Cinnamon Cinnamomum Zeylanicum 10 gram
- Elaichi Green Cardamom Elettaria Cardamomum 10 gram
- Tej Patta Bay leaves 10 gram
- Vidarikand Indian Kudzu Pueraria Tuberosa 10 gram
- Kaunch Giri Mucuna Pruriens 10 gram
- Safed Musli Chlorophytum borivillianum 10 gram
- Kharenti Beej 10 gram
- Kamal Gatta Lotus Seed Nelumbium Speciosum 10 gram
- Salam Mishri 10 gram
- Shatavari Asparagus racemosus 10 gram
- Vanshlochan Bamboo Manna Bambusa Arundinacea 10 gram
- Vang Bhasma 10 gram
- Praval Pishti 10 grams
Formulation of Patanjali Badam Pak
In Patanjali Badam Pak (per 10 gram): –
- Sugar 6.6 grams, Almond 2.2-gram, Desi Ghee 0.88 gram
- Each 20 mg: Vidarikand, Lavang, Javitri, Jaiphal, Vanshlochan, Kamalgatta, Dalchini, Laghu Ela, Sunthi, Kali Mirch, Pippali, Shuddha Kaunch Beej, Safed Musli, Mishri, Mukta Shukti Bhasma and
- Keshar 2 mg
Formulation of Baidyanath Badam Pak
In Baidyanath Badam Pak (per 10 gram): –
- Sugar 6.07 grams, Almond 3.03 gram, Desi Ghee 379.06 mg
- Kesara 18.95 mg
- Praval Pishti 37.90 mg
- Vanga Bhasma 47.83 mg
- Vanshlochan 18.95 mg
- Rasa Sindura 94.58 mg
Each 18.05 mg: Javitri, Jaiphal, Sunthi, Kali Mirch, Pippali, Lavang, Dalchini, Tej Patta, Laghu Ela, Vidari, Kevanch, Musli, Bala Bija, Salam Mishri, Shatavri, Kamal
About the Ingredients of Badam Pak
Prunus amygdalus is known as Badam, and Almonds. Its tree is found in temperate reasons with dry summer. It is cultivated in Kashmir (India) Baluchistan (Pakistan), Afghanistan, Iran, Cyprus, Turkey, Spain, and California.
Almonds provide nutrition, and vital energy to the body. It has 58.9% fat, 20.8% protein, 2.9% minerals, mainly calcium, phosphorus, and iron. Other constituents are oxalic acid, vitamin B, and folic acid. It is one of the richest sources of vitamin E. It has a high concentration of glutamic acid, arginine, asparagine, and aspartic acid.
Almond reduces Pitta, and Vata. It is oily, and is good for the skin. Almond is used to curing debility, wasting diseases, emaciation, anemia, and as a revitalizing tonic. It has a nutritive, nervine, aphrodisiac, demulcent, laxative, rejuvenative properties. It promotes good health, strength, and semen. Almonds are nutritive for the brain, and nervous system, and improve eyesight.
Kesar (Keshar, Saffron, Zafran) consists of the dried ends of the styles with their attached stigmas. It is a stimulant, anti-spasmodic, and emmenagogue. It is used for fevers, and enlargement of the liver. It is valuable for catarrhal ailments of children.
Nutmeg or Jaiphal/Jaifal is traditionally used in the treatment of diarrhea. It has an anti-enterotoxic activity which means it is effective against organisms producing a toxin specific for cells of the intestinal mucosa. It is carminative, and gives relief in pain, abdominal swelling, indigestion, and diarrhea.
Mace or Javitri is used in Ayurveda for treating chronic intestinal disorders, fever, cholera, and intestinal worms. It is aromatic, anthelmintic, appetizer, anti-emetic, and carminative.
Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivillianum) is nutritive tonic, aphrodisiac, rejuvenator, antioxidant, and Immunomodulator.
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus Willd.) enhance fertility by reducing oxidative stress. It helps in oligospermia, necrospermia, less motile, unhealthy sperms. It reduces acidity, and inflammation.
Kevanch, Mucuna prurita, Kapikacchu, Markati, Kewanch, Kaunch or Cowhage is the seed kernel obtained from an extensive climbing plant found almost all over the country. In Ayurveda, it is used in the treatment of a variety of diseases including Kapha Vikar, Vata-Vikar, debility, and nerves weakness. Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). It is used to improve sexual function, and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary, and gonadal axis. It reduces stress. Mucuna seed powder helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality, and acts as a restorative, and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac.
Trikatu is a combination of dry ginger, black pepper, and long pepper (Sonth + Pippali + Kali Mirch). It is effective for burning ama (metabolic waste, and toxins) which is the prime cause of all disease. It supports better digestion, and cures constipation. It stimulates the liver to secrete bile which is vital for fat digestion, and absorption. It also balances Kapha.
Dalchini (bark Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Ela (seeds of Elettaria cardamomum), Tejpatta (leaves of Cinnamomum Tamala) helps for improving appetite, promoting digestion, curing hepatic, and renal disorders. These spices have Ruksha, Teekshna, Laghu And Ushna Veerya.
Badam Pak Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- Balya: Increases strength
- Dahashamak: Gives relief in the burning sensation
- Rasayana: Tonic medicine, cures body, and mental diseases, delay old age, increase mental power, generating power, vital energy, eyesight, impart intelligence, memory, aid proper digestion, and clear complexion
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase sexual power
- Vrishya: Increases the quantity of semen
Biomedical Action of Badam Pak
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals, and other substances.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Nervine sedative: Nerve tonic, calms nerves.
- Nervine: Tonifying effect on the nervous system.
- Nootropic: Enhance memory or other cognitive functions.
- Nutritive: Providing nourishment, nutritious.
- Spermatogenic: Promotes process in which spermatozoa are produced from spermatogonial stem cells.
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Health Benefits of Badam Pak
- It boosts immunity.
- It contains Almond which is well-known for improving brain functions such as memory, retention, and concentration.
- It gives strength to the mind, and body.
- It improves the quality, and quantity of semen.
- It is a tonic, and helps to improve overall wellbeing.
- It is good for the skin.
- It nourishes the body, and gives strength to the nervous system.
- It strengthens the male urogenital system.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Badam Pak
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Bile related problems
- Dementia, forgetfulness
- Diseases of the head (Chronic headache, migraine, headache due to mental work)
- Dryness in the body
- Eye diseases
- General weakness
- Impotency, nervous weakness, premature ejaculation, sperms problems
- Improving cognitive function, memory, and retention
- Low energy
- Low weight
- Mental exhaustion
- Mental weaknesses
- Stress, fatigue of brain
- Tonic for the mind, and body
- Weakness of eyesight
The Dosage of Badam Pak
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1-2 teaspoon.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning, and evening.
- It can be consumed by children, youth, the aged, men, and women, with or without milk.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, and humour, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight, and reach of children.
- Avoid excess intake of pungent, acid or saline taste or of hot potency items.
- Almond should be consumed as per the digestive power of an individual.
- During its consumption, if there is a loss of appetite or any other stomach trouble, then the quantity of medicine should be reduced.
- It contains ghee, and sugar.
- It is not suitable for a diabetic person.
- Though there is no harm in eating Badam Pak during pregnancy, it is always better to consult a doctor.
Pharmacies Making Badam Pak
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Name of some of the Ayurvedic Pharmacies manufacturing this medicine is given below:
- Baidyanath (Badam Pak) Price: 100g for Rs. 230 /-
- Patanjali Divya Pharmacy Badam Pak 500g @ 250.00. Patanjali Badam Pak contains 6.6 grams of Sugar per 10 grams.
- Basic Ayurveda Badam Pak 100 gm powder @ INR 200
- and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.