Charak Pharma Cognium Syrup is for kids. It Corrects cognitive insufficiency. It is useful in enhancing cognitive functions as it slows down the process of degeneration of neurons through antioxidants. It increases circulation to the CNS, and provides protection to the nervous system by acting as adaptogenic against stress.
Table of Contents
- 1 Cognium Syrup Composition
- 2 Cognium Ayurvedic Action
- 3 Cognium Biomedical Action
- 4 Cognium Syrup Health Benefits
- 5 Cognium Syrup Therapeutic Uses
- 6 Cognium Syrup Dosage
- 7 Cognium Syrup Side-effects
- Manufacturer: Charak
- Availability: Online, and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary
- Main Indication: Helps improve memory, concentration, and attention
- Suitable for: Children
- MRP/Price: Bottle of 200 ml @ ₹ 122.00
Cognium Syrup Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
- Brahmi Centella Asiatica 100 mg
- Jala Brahmi Bacopa monnieri 70 mg
- Arjuna Terminalia arjuna 70 mg
- Shankhapushpi Convolvulus pluricaulis 70 mg
- Ashwagandha Withania somnifera 70 mg
- Jyotishmati Celastrus paniculatus 50 mg
- Vacha Acorus calamus 50 mg
- Yastimadhu Glycyrrhiza glabra 50 mg
- Mishreya Foeniculum vulgare 25 mg
- Jatiphala Myristica fragrans 20 mg
- Syrup Base QS
Cognium Ayurvedic Action
- Majja dhatu Rasayana: Rejuvenative to the nervous tissue
- Medhya: Promotes intellectual capacity
- Nidrajanana: Promotes sleep
- Tridosahara: Alleviates all three Dosha
- Unmadaghna: Alleviates insanity, and emotional instability
- Vrishya: Aphrodisiac
Cognium Biomedical Action
- Antispasmodic: Relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Astringent: Helps to stop bleeding form intestines, urinary, and reproductive system.
- Nervine sedative: Nerve tonic, calms nerves.
- Nervine: Tonifying effect on the nervous system.
- Nootropic: Enhance memory or other cognitive functions.
- Nutritive: Providing nourishment, nutritious.
- Sedative: Promoting calm or inducing sleep
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Cognium Syrup Health Benefits
Cognium Syrup controls the hyperexcitability of the nerves, gives alertness, and sharpness to mind, and improves concentration by steadying neurotransmitters. It is useful in ADHD Attention deficit hyperactivity disorders. Cognium Syrup nourishes the brain.
Preserves, and enhances cognitive functions
Cognium Syrup contains nootropic medicinal herbs like Jala Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), and Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus) which help to Preserves, and enhances cognitive functions. Supports memory functions like storage, retention, and recollection.
Protects from degeneration
Cognium Syrup has a significant antioxidant effect. It contains Brahmi (Centella Asiatica), and Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) which improves circulation to the brain. It slows down the process of degeneration of neurons through herbal antioxidants, nervine tonics, and by improving circulation.
Helps to cope up with stress
Cognium Syrup provides protection to the nervous system by acting as an adaptogen against stress. Stress destroys brain cells, and their functions. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), and Shankhapushpi (Evolvulus alsinoides) provide protection to the nervous system by acting as adaptogenic against stress. It controls anxiety, and reduces stress-induced forgetfulness.
Cognium Syrup Therapeutic Uses
Cognium Syrup is herbal Ayurvedic medicine for improving cognitive functions of the brain. It is beneficial in ADHD, poor memory, and concentration impairment. It is helpful for children who lack attention, and memory. It is also useful in speech problems, sleeplessness, tension, headache, bed wetting in children.
- Attention-deficiency hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Concentration impairment
- Ischaemic stroke/major mental illness
- Lack of concentration
- Language, and learning disability
- Loss of memory
- Memory dysfunction or loss of memory
- Mental fatigue due to stress
- Nocturnal Ensuresis
Cognium shows good results in children who have poor scholastic performance, delayed cognitive development, learning disabilities, poor memory, cognitive disorders, behavioral problems, and other cognitive disorders.
Cognium Syrup Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 5 – 10 ml for 3-4 months.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning, and evening.
Cognium Syrup Side-effects
It has no known side effect.
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
- In case, epilepsy consults a doctor before use.
- Shankhapushpi herb is contraindicated with modern anti-epileptic drug Phenytoin. It reduces the antiepileptic activity of Phenytoin, and lowers plasma phenyton levels.
Drug Interactions have not been identified.
- Eat a balanced meal, and healthy food.
- Do meditation, and yoga regularly.
- Take proper sleep.
- Avoid fried, and spicy food.
- Avoid sleepless night, and stress