Charak Cytozen Capsules is herbal medicine for the liver. It improves the overall function of the liver. Cytozen corrects the liver congestion, and gives relief in nausea, and vomiting. It improves the liver function parameters like SGOT, SGPT etc. It minimizes drug-induced damage, and neutralizes harmful effects on the liver due to disease, drugs, and alcohol.
Table of Contents
- 1 Charak Cytozen Capsules Composition
- 2 Ayurvedic Action of Cytozen Capsules
- 3 Biomedical Action of Cytogen Capsules
- 4 Charak Cytozen Capsules Health Benefits
- 5 Charak Cytozen Capsules Therapeutic Uses
- 6 Charak Cytozen Capsules Dosage
- 7 Cytozen Capsules Side-effects
- Manufacturer: Charak Pharmaceuticals
- Availability: Online, and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary
- Main Indication: the liver disorders
- MRP/Price: Pack of 20 capsules @ ₹ 116.00
Charak Cytozen Capsules Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each capsule contains
- Arogyavardhini Rasa 112.5 mg
- Mandura Bhasma 56.25 mg
Extracts of the following:
- Punarnava Boerhaavia diffusa 337.5 mg
- Kumari Aloe barbadensis 337.5 mg
- Kasni Cichorium intybus 337.5 mg
- Katuki Picrorrhiza kurroa 337.5 mg
- Kalamegha Andrographis paniculata 337.5 mg
- Sharapunkha Purpurea tephrosia 337.5 mg
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula 112.5 mg
- Vibhitaki Terminalia bellerica 112.5 mg
- Amalaki Embelica Officinalis 112.5 mg
- Kakamachi Solanum nigrum 67.5 mg
- Chitraka Mula Plumbago zeylanica 67.5 mg
Ayurvedic Action of Cytozen Capsules
- Amanashaka: Destroys ama.
- Mutrakricchraghna: Alleviates Dysuria.
- Shleshmahar: Reduces phlegm.
- Shothagna: Reduces swelling, and inflammation, relieve edema
- Vishaghna: Destroys poisons in the body.
- Yakritdottejaka: Benefits for the liver.
- Pandughna: Reduces anemia.
Biomedical Action of Cytogen Capsules
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- Laxative: Tending to stimulate or facilitate the evacuation of the bowels.
- Stomachic: Stimulates gastric activity.
Charak Cytozen Capsules Health Benefits
Cytozen has antianemia, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and hepatoprotective properties. It is indicated in diseases of the liver such as Chronic Viral Hepatitis, Alcoholic Liver Disease, Drug-Induced Hepatotoxicity, and Fatty the liver.
Cytozen has hepatoprotective action. It is cbination of the liver protective herbs. Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa) is a well-known antitoxic, hepatoprotective, and antioxidant with antiviral activity. It is given in case of jaundice, intestinal catarrh, and colic. The most popular, and widely prescribed compound preparation of Katuki is Aarogyavardhani Rasa which is indicated for jaundice, anemia, the liver, and spleen enlargements, chronic skin diseases, and for fevers as an antiperiodic. In an uncontrolled clinical study on 6 patients of infective hepatitis with jaundice, a decoction of
Picrorhiza kurroa was reported to have led to a rapid fall in serum bilirubin levels towards normal range, and quicker clinical recovery of patients.
Reduces Swelling in the body
Cytozen gives relief in water retention, and anemia due to the presence of iron, and Punarnava. Purnarnava is a diuretic herb with anti-inflammatory activity. It helps to modulate inflammatory responses.
Corrects Liver Function
Cytozen corrects the liver function. Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata) reverses the altered hepatic biochemical parameters, and is more potent than Silymarin. Kalmegh is used as a liver tonic. It inhibits triglyceride accumulation in hepatic cells, reversal of paracetamol-induced hepatopathy in, and inactivation property against the hepatitis-B surface antigen.
Charak Cytozen Capsules Therapeutic Uses
CYTOZEN is a potent hepatoprotective. It shows beneficial effects on the liver diseases due to various reasons.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Chronic Viral Hepatitis
- Drug-Induced Hepatotoxicity
Charak Cytozen Capsules Dosage
- The recommended dosage of medicine is One Capsule.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning, and evening.
Cytozen Capsules Side-effects
It has no known side effect.
Specific contraindications have not been identified.
Drug Interactions have not been identified.
- Eat Simple, nutritious, and bland diet.
- Include easily digestible food items like green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, and fruit juices.
- Drink clean water, buttermilk, cow’s milk, sugarcane juice, limewater, and pomegranate juice.
- For sluggish the liver function take Mild laxatives like Isabgol, Aloe vera juice.
- Do not eat heavy to digest food without proper physical exercise, hepato-toxic agents like alcohol, chemicals, and hepatotoxic drugs like steroids, and painkillers, excessive tea, and coffee.
- Do not eat oily, spicy, and irritant food items, non-vegetarian food, protein-rich food like confectioneries, and bakery items, milk products like curd, cheese, etc.
- Avoid Daytime sleeping or sleeping immediately after consuming food.
- Do check the list of ingredients, and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.