Charak Cephagraine Tablet is proprietary Ayurvedic medicine for sinusitis, and migraine. It reduces inflammation, thins the mucus, and gives relief in congestion, and sinusitis. It helps to reduce frequency, severity, and duration of migraine.
Table of Contents
- Manufacturer: Charak
- Availability: Online, and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary
- Main Indication: sinusitis, and migraine
- MRP/Price: Container of 40 tablets @ ₹103.00
Cephagraine Tablet Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
- Pippali mool Piper longum 64 mg
- Arka Phool Calotropis gigantean 42.40 mg
- Shuddha Godanti Gypsum 42.4 mg
- Nishottar Ipomoea turpethum 21.20 mg
- Sitopaladi churna 21.20 mg
- Tribhuvan Kirti Rasa 21.20 mg
- Ajmoda Carum copticum 21.20 mg
- Sajjikhar Sodium carbonate 10.6 mg
- Extracts derived from Bhringaraj Eclipta alba 64 mg
- Dhattur Datura metel 64 mg
- Saptaparna Alstonia scholaris 64 mg
- Shunthi Zingiber officinale 64 mg
- Sudarshan Crinum asiaticum 64 mg
- Tulsi Ocimum sanctum 64 mg
- Adaptogenic: Stabilization of physiological processes, and promotion of homeostasis.
- Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucus from the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Inhibits oxidation.
- Anxiolytic: reduce anxiety.
Cephagraine Tablet Health Benefits
Cephagraine helps to decongest the nasal mucosa. It reduces nasal discharge, and eases breathing. Cephagraine has anti-inflammatory action, and gives relief in Sinusitis.
In migraine, there is moderate to severe headache. This pain is due to the excitement of the brain cells that trigger the trigeminal nerve, one of five nerves located in the brain, to release chemicals that irritate, and cause blood vessels on the surface causing swelling in the brain. Due to analgesic, and anti-inflammatory action, it relieves associated headache, and discomfort.
Cephagraine also relieves migraine-associated sensory aura such as headache, nausea, vomiting, and tinnitus.
CEPHAGRAINE constricts the dilated blood vessels in the nose, head, and brain, to reduce the migraine attack.
Cephagraine contains spices which are well known for improving appetite, and digestion. It supports better digestion, and reduces gas formation. It has antacid action due to few cooling herbal formulations.
Cephagraine Tablet Therapeutic Uses
Cephagraine gives effective relief from nasal congestion, and promotes easy breathing in sinusitis.
In migraine, Cephagraine provides analgesic, and anti-inflammatory action, and thus relieves headache, and migraine-associated sensory aura.
Cephagraine Tablet Dosage
2 tablets thrice a day to be taken orally, and 2 drops instilled in each nostril every 2-3 times a day. The course may be repeated after a month.
2 tablets twice daily. The recommended dosage of medicine is 2 tablets for one month.
It should be taken twice a day, in the morning, and evening.
What to Eat?
- Consume milk, and ghee.
- Go early to bed.
- Consume turmeric, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
- Take a bland diet.
What Not to Eat?
- Do not eat fried, and spicy food.
- Do not eat food known to cause indigestion, and constipation.
- Avoid exposure to excessive heat, cold, and rain.
- Avoid daytime sleeping, and late nights.
- Avoid cold drinks, ice-cream, and drinking cold water.
- Avoid exposure to rain, excessive cold wind, smoke, and dust.
The an excess dose may cause gastritis, and acidity.
Specific contraindications have not been identified.
It is UNSAFE in pregnancy. Do not use in pregnancy.
Drug Interactions have not been identified.