Table of Contents
Braintone Syrup from Shree Dhanwantri Herbals contains Shankhpushpi, Brahmi, Vacha, Yastimadhu & Jatamansi. Braintone syrup activates the mind and improves mental alertness. It controls anxiety, stress and treats insomania. It is completely safe and non-habit forming.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Shree Dhanwantri Herbals
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Brain tonic
- Srotas / Channel: Circulatory, digestive, nervous, excretory
- Dosha Effect: Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha
Braintone Syrup Composition
Each 5 ml contains
- Ashwagandha Withania somnifera 150 mg
- Brahmi Bacopa moneiri 150 mg
- Shankhapushpi Convolvulus pluricaulis 150 mg
- Jyotishmati Celastrus paniculatus 150 mg
- Yastimadhu Glycyrrhiza glabra 150 mg
- Dhanyaka Coriandrum sativum 50 mg
- Jatamamsi Nardostachys jatamansi 50 mg
- Shatapushpa Foeniculum vulgare 50 mg
- Vidanga Embelia ribes 50 mg
- Sarpagandha Rauwolfia serpentina 25 mg
- Vacha Acorus calamus 25 mg
Know the Ingredient of Braintone Syrup
Ashwagandha Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal (Solanaceae)
Ashwagandha is also known as Withania, Winter Cherry, Indian Winter Cherry and Indian Ginseng. For medicinal purpose, the roots of plant are used. It is especially useful for males as it promotes libido and increases the production of bone marrow and semen. It is well known for its aphrodisiac property.
Ashwagandha is one of the best Ayurvedic herb with alterative, aphrodisiac, deobstruent, diuretic, narcotic, sedative, restorative rejuvenative, antiageing, immunostimulatory and adptogenic properties. It stimulates the immune system, reduces inflammation, promotes memory, and helps maintain general health and wellness.
Ashwagandha is sedative, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and generally indicated for increasing energy, endurance, and acts as an-adaptogen that exerts a strong immunostimulatory and anti- stress agent. In Ayurveda, Ashwagandha is indicated for cold and coughs, ulcers, emaciation, diabetes, conjunctivitis, epilepsy, insomnia, senile dementia, leprosy, Parkinson’s disease, nervous disorders, rheumatism, arthritis, intestinal infections, bronchitis, asthma, impotence and a suppressant in HIV/AIDS patients. Ashwagandha promotes stronger immune system, physical strength, lustrous complexion, clarity of mind and sense of well-being.
Ashwagandha nourishes Majja (Bone marrow and nerve tissues) and Shukra Dhatu (Reproductive tissue). For males, Ashwagandha promotes sexual health by uplifting the mood, reducing anxiety, improving energy levels and fertility, thus supporting sexual performance.
It has direct spermatogenic effect and helps to improve sperm count. It exerts testosterone like effect influencing the seminiferous tubules.
Shankhpushpi / Convolvulus pluricaulis, bears conch shell-like flowers and hence it is named as Shankhpushpi (Shankha = Conch; Pushp = Flowers). It is boon for brain. It is a powerful brain stimulant. Shankhpushpi is hypotensive, anti–thyroid and sedative. It improves mental functions and reduces stress due to traumatic, chemical or psychological reasons. Shankhpushpi is used in treatment of epilepsy, insanity, weakness of nerves and mental retardation.
Shankhpushpi is Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter) and Kashaya (Astringent) in taste (Ras) and Laghu (light), Slimy and Oily in action (Guna). Its post-digestive effect (Vipak) is Madhura (Sweet). It is a Sheet Virya herbs. Sheet Virya or Cool potency herb, subdues Pitta (Bile) Vata (Wind) and increases Kapha (Mucus). Sheet Virya herb gives nourishment to body and steadiness. It supports building of body fluids.
- Rasa (taste on tongue): Kashaya (Astringent), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Snigdha (Unctuous), Laghu (Light), Picchal (Slimy)
- Virya (Action): Sita (Cooling)
- Vipaka (transformed state after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
Shankhpushpi is tridoshhar and balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Shankhpushpi is non-toxic and its use does not produce any side effects.
Shankhpushpi reduces different types of stress, including psychological, chemical and traumatic. It has anti-anxiety, hypotensive and mental function improving property. It is a brain tonic and used to treat mental weakness, mental disorders, insanity, to improve memory.
Brahmi / Bacopa monnieri (often confused with its close relative Gotu kola Centella asiatica) which is also called Brahmi in Northern India), is bitter (Tikta), astringent (Kashaya) in taste (Ras), light (Laghu), unctuous (Snigdha) in qualities (Guna). It is pungent (Katu) after digestion (Vipak) and Cool in potency. Brahmi balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha Dosha. It works on seven Dhatu of body. Brahmi is especially beneficial for mind. It is a nervine tonic, sedative, rejuvenative, anticonvulsant and anti-inflammatory. In Ayurveda, it is indicated in mental weakness, anxiety, skin disorders, and fever. It is a memory vitalizer and nervine tonic.
- Rasa (Taste on Tongue): Bitter/Titka, Astringent/Kashaya
- Guna (Pharmacological Action): Light/Laghu, Unctuous/Snigdha
- Virya (Action): Cooling/Sheeta
- Vipaka (Transformed State After Digestion): Pungent/Katu
- Dosha: Vata-Pitta and Kapha Balancing
- Tissue/Dhatu: All Seven, Especially Plasma, Blood, Nerve
Brahmi is adaptogenic, astringent, diuretic, sedative, potent nervine tonic, anti-anxiety agent, and improves mental functions. It is used in insanity, epilepsy, bronchitis, asthma and diarrhea. Brahmi is chiefly used in mental disorders as brain tonic.
Brahmi increases GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid) level in brain. GABA is an amino acid / brain chemical or neurotransmitter that sends signals from nerve cell to a specific target cell. Low level of this chemical or GABA deficiency causes stress, mood disorders, depression, insomnia, hypertension and anxiety.
Brahmi and Shankhpushpi possess properties similar to nootropic agents. They are cooling in nature and reduces excessive heat inside body, stress, and anger.
Vach / Calamus / Acorus calamus, is used as dietary supplements for the brain and neurological activity. It is an important stimulant for the brain, nerves and senses. It aids in the recovery of the power of speech and perception after strokes. It is heating in nature and reduces phlegm and Ama. It is good in epilepsy and Vata disorders. Acorus calamus is hypotensive, tranquilizer, sedative, anticonvulsant, and antianxiety.
Vacha, which is the drug of choice for central nervous system stimulation in Ayurveda.
Jyotishmati / Malkangni, is a brain tonic with specific action is on the brain and its tissues. It reduces Kapha and Vata. It is appetizing, brain-tonic, laxative, emetic, nutritive, aphrodisiac and enhances complexion.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Braintone Syrup
- Ayushya: Promotes life
- Balya: Gives strength
- Kaphahar: reduces phlegm.
- Majja dhatu Rasayana: Rejuvenative to the nervous tissue
- Medhya: Promotes intellectual capacity, nootropic
- Nidrajanana: Promotes sleep
- Pittahara: Reduces bile
- Rasayana: Tonic
- Tridosahara: Alleviates all three Dosha
- Unmadaghna: Alleviates insanity and emotional instability
- Vrishya: Aphrodisiac
Biomedical Action of Braintone Syrup
- Antispasmodic: Relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Astringent: Helps to stop bleeding form intestines, urinary and reproductive system.
- Nervine sedative: Nerve tonic, calms nerves.
- Nervine: Tonifying effect on the nervous system.
- Nootropic: Enhance memory or other cognitive functions.
- Nutritive: Providing nourishment, nutritious.
- Sedative: Promoting calm or inducing sleep
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Braintone Syrup Health Benefits
- It controls the hyper excitability of the nerves.
- It gives alertness and sharpness to mind.
- It gives relief in mental and physical fatigue.
- It gives relief in sleeplessness.
- It has no side effect.
- It Helps in prevention of psychosomatic disorders of old age.
- It helps to cope stress and anxiety in better way.
- It improves concentration by steadying neuro-transmitters.
- It improves learning ability and controls anxiety and treats insomnia.
- It improves grasping power and retention of memory.
- It improves memory by increasing protein kinase activity.
- It improves mental alertness, concentrations, attention,
- It improves mental functions and mental quotient.
- It is a mood stabilizer.
- It is completely safe, non-toxic and non-habit forming
- It is useful in ADHD Attention deficit hyperactivity disorders.
- It is useful in epileptic fits.
- It nourishes brain.
- It reduces mild hypertension.
- It reduces stress and distraction.
- It should be used as adjuvant to many mental disorders.
- memory and stress threshold of the individual.
Braintone Syrup Therapeutic Uses
Braintone Syrup is indicated to improve brain function. Below is given conditions in which Braintone Syrup is useful:
- Anxiety, Stress, depression, mental fatigue, forgetfulness
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Behavioral disorders
- Brain Tonic and stimulant
- Concentration and learning problem
- Enhancing memory & mental alertness.
- Enuresis in children
- Improving brain function in school going children and in old age
- Language and learning disability in children
- Loss of memory and poor mental activities
- memory improvements
- Mental weakness
- Mood disorders
- Nervous strain
- Psychosis (mental disorder)
- Schizophrenia, Phobias
- Sleeplessness / insomnia
- Speech difficulties
- To nourish and improve the nervous system
Braintone Syrup Dosage
- Children- 1 tea spoonful 3 times a day or as directed by the Physician.
- Adults – 2 tea spoonful 3 times a day or as directed by the Physician.
Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
There is no known contraindication for this medicine.
Shankhapushpi herb is contraindicated with modern anti-epileptic drug Phenytoin. It reduces the antiepileptic activity of Phenytoin and lowers plasma phenyton levels.
In case, epilepsy consult doctor before use.
Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of same disease.
Side-effects of Braintone Syrup
There are no known side-effects for this medicine.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Do not use any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
- Store in a cool and dry place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep bottle cap closed after every use.