Table of Contents
Patanjali Body Lotion from Patanjali Ayurveda Limited, is used for skin dryness. It is a skin care product. It is a moisturizer and may help in prevention and management of dry skin.
Patanjali Body Lotion is a moisturizer and may help in prevention and management of dry skin. Body Lotion is applied on the skin to make it smooth, soft and tender. Moisturizers are must during winters for hydration and care of the skin. If you want some moisturizer for your skin, you may use this Body lotion from Patanjali. The best a Body Lotion can do to skin is to reduce dryness. Dryness gets treated as moisturizer supplies a little bit of water to the skin and contains fatty substances that hold it in.
Patanjali Body Lotion comes in a white plastic bottle with flip cover. It contains seven herbal ingredients, as mentioned on label. In each 10 grams, the amount of herbal ingredient, Wheat Oil is maximum that is 10 milligrams. The extracts of Lodhra, Manjistha, Turmeric, Aloe vera and Cucumber are present in very small amount that is 2.5 milligram. The base is water and gel.
Patanjali Body Lotion is water based moisturizer and is not greasy or oily. It is thin in consistency and can be easily applied on the skin. Water based moisturizers are lighter and are free from heavy ingredients, and do not clog skin pores. Such moisturizers easily get absorbed into the dermis, giving fresh, hydrated and supple feel and look to the skin.
Here is given more about this product such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and how to use.
- Product Name: Patanjali Body Lotion
- Type of Product: Patanjali beauty product
- Manufacturer: Patanjali
- Main Indication: Skin dryness
- Claim: Rejuvenates skin and increases skin glow.
- Usage: Apply gently on washed & dry areas twice daily.
- Pros: Contains herbal ingredient, water based and light
- Cons: It may not work for very dry skin and during winters
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- MRP/Price: PATANJALI BODY LOTION 100 ml @ Rs. 60.
Patanjali Body Lotion Composition
Ingredients present in this Product are given below:
Each 10 gram contains
- Wheat-germ oil Triticum Aestivum 10 mg
- Lodhra Extract Symplocos Racemosa 2.5 mg
- Manjistha Extract Rubia Cordifolia 2.5 mg
- Turmeric Extract Curcuma Longa 2.5 mg
- Aloe Vera Extract Aloe Barbadensis 2.5 mg
- Cucumber Extract Cacumis Sativus 2.5 mg
- Saffron Crocus Sativus 0.05 mg
- Gel base
- Diazolidinyl urea
- Sugandhit Drvya Quantity Sufficient / QS
Wheat-germ oil is extracted from the germ of the Wheat kernel, which makes up only 2- 3% by weight of the kernel. It contains a high level ofnatural vitamin E and high levels of unsaponifiable fraction. It has ease of spreading, great penetration and significant moisture retention combined with its high nourishing properties. It is used in skin care due to its moisturizing, rejuvenating and skin protecting activitiesIt is an active ingredient or an ideal carrier in skin product and its recommended proportion in product is between 3 to 10 %.
Diazolidinyl urea is also present in the product. Diazolidinyl urea is found in cosmetics, skin care products, shampoos, bubble baths, baby wipes, and household detergents. It is used as an antimicrobial preservative. Preservatives are commonly added to moisturizers to inhibit the growth of bacteria, yeast, fungi, or algae. It stabilizes the products and give them a cosmetically elegant feel, as well as extend the shelf life.
It is water-soluble preservative that is very effective against a broad range of bacteria and also has some anti-fungal ability. It is chemically related to imidazolidinyl urea which is used in the same way. Diazolidinyl urea acts as a formaldehyde releaser.
It was first marketed as a preservative in 1981. It has increasingly been used as a preservative in topically applied consumer products. It can be found in virtually every type of personal care products including as facial moisturizer/lotion, sunscreen, anti-aging treatment, cleanser, styling gel, foundation, shampoo/conditioner, eye cream, deodorant and mouthwash. it It is safe to use incosmetic products at a maximum concentration of 0.5%.
Skin contact with Diazolidinyl urea does not have harmful health effects, but the material may still produce health damage following entry through wounds, lesions or abrasions. Therefore, open cuts, abraded or irritated skin should not be exposed to this material. Diazolidinyl urea entry into the blood-stream, though, for example, cuts, abrasions or lesions, may produce systemic injury with harmful effects. It is important to examine the
skin prior to the use of the material and ensure that any external damage is suitably protected. Skin contact with the Diazolidinyl urea is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population. There is some evidence that inhaling this product is more likely to cause a sensitization reaction in some persons compared to the general population.
It can produce mild skin irritations in some (1 out of 1000), so this ingredient should probably avoided by those with very sensitive skin.
Patanjali Body Lotion Review Biomedical Action
Moisturizer: Product which is able to increase the hydration of the skin and/or prevent loss of hydration to restore the epidermal barrier.
Moisturizers are used in the treatment of numerous skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, and irritant dermatitis, protecting and rehydrating the skin where needed. The main functions of moisturizers are reducing transepidermal water loss (TEWL), attracting water to the stratum corneum, and repairing the overall barrier function.
Moisturizers are made in a variety of formulations. Popular water-based products include gels and aqueous creams. Water-based are preferred, as they do not leave a sticky residue. But they may lack some properties in hydration of skin and can add very little water to the skin in some cases.
Some water-based formulations (particularly lotions and gels) can cause stinging and burning sensations, especially when applied to cracked or fissured skin.
Benefits of Patanjali Body Lotion
- It is water based and easy to apply.
- It helps in skin dryness.
- It does not make skin oily.
- It does not block the skin pores.
- It does not contain parabens.
- It is easily available in the market.
Patanjali Body Lotion Uses
As per the claims of manufacturer, “Patanjali Body Lotion is Ayurvedic Propriety Product that helps rejuvenate skin glow and contains extracts of turmeric, aloe vera, cucumber and saffron that will keep your skin smooth and soft”.
- Treat and Prevent Dry Skin
- Provide Skin Protection
- Reduce Irritation
Direction for Use
- It is a body lotion and applied in same way.
- Apply once or twice a day or as required.
- The best way to apply a body lotion is immediately after bath.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- Complete list of ingredients and their percentage is not given on the pack.
- It is a body lotion and not more than that. The herbal ingredients are in very low amount.
- It may not help in winter or for very dry skin.
- No contraindication or interaction for this product is known.
- This is a body lotion. It is only for external use.
- Do not apply on open wounds, cuts and broken skin.
- Do not apply over the breast in case of breastfeeding.
- Do patch test before use. Your patch test result indicates that you have a contact allergy to diazolidinyl urea. This contact allergy may cause your skin to react when it is exposed to this substance although it may take several days for the symptoms to appear. Typical symptoms include redness, swelling, itching, and fluid-filled blisters.
- It contains fragrance, emulsifiers, and other inactive ingredients that may cause irritation.
- Choosing an optimal moisturizer depends on the vehicle, skin type, and needs of an individual.