Otorine Ear Drop from Wheezal Homeopathy contains Chamomilla, Belladonna, Calendula, Plantago, and Mullein. It is indicated in acute and chronic otitis media, eustachian catarrh due to common cold or tonsillitis, and earache. It is also used in case of or pain in the ears, dryness of the inner ear, and excessive wax.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Wheezal Homeopathy
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Ear discharge
- Presentation: Ear drops
- Price of Otorine Ear Drops: 15 ml Ear Drop @ ₹45
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Itching in the ears is a very common condition. The skin of the ear canal is very sensitive. It is so sensitive that the slightest accumulation of debris may cause an itching sensation.
The normal ear has a thin layer of natural body oil. In some individuals, ears do not produce ear wax. This results in dry and itchy ear skin.
Dry ears have a tendency to accumulate flakes of dry dead skin.
Causes of itchy ears:
Dry Skin: If the ear doesn’t produce wax, it causes dryness and itching of the ears. Production of wax is essential to the process of ears. It has a lubricating effect. If the ear doesn’t produce wax it may result in flaking of the skin of the ears.
Dermatitis of the ear canal: It occurs when the skin in and around the ear canal becomes inflamed. It may occur as a result of an allergic reaction to certain things like metal earrings. Another type of dermatitis which is known as aural eczematoid dermatitis can also cause dryness of the ears.
Outer ear infections like otitis externa can also cause dryness of the ear. This infection mainly involves the outer ear canal. It can cause ear pain and itching.
The use of hearing aids can cause water to become trapped in the ears. It, later on, cause an allergic reaction to the hearing aid itself. If hearing aids are ill-fitted it can cause pressure on certain areas of the ear which leads to itching. Sometimes plastic hearing aid can cause allergic reactions in the ears.
Psoriasis: It is a skin condition that causes the skin to develop a red rash. It can occur on visible parts of the body and also on inside the ears.
It is seen that when the skin of the ear gets scratched and injury occurs, it will ooze a fluid rich in protein. Bacteria, yeast, and fungus can grow in this medium. If a patient is usual swimmer water further aggravates the symptoms.
Sometimes itching in the ear can be psychological. A person can get nervous and start to scratch an ear. Itching in the ears is also seen in Type D personality. Type D personality is a psychological term describing the “distressed” type of person who tends to have negative feelings and avoids social contact.
- Sun exposure
- Swimming in a chlorinated pool
In small children, it is seen that they put small objects in their ears like beads, pebbles, or small beans. This, later on, causes itching in the ears.
Symptoms of itchy ears:
It causes irritation of the ears. Sometimes scratching helps. But ears get worse after scratching. Infection of the ear can also be seen in a patient which is accompanied by symptoms like:
- Drainage from the ear.
An emergency situation is seen when the patient:
- Has severe bleeding from ears.
- If a patient has sudden hearing loss.
- If itching doesn’t improve with time.
- How to prevent itchy ears:
- Avoid cleaning of ears with objects like cotton balls, cotton swabs, paper clips, bobby pins.
- Avoid the use of jewelry that is causing irritation of the ears. Always use anti-allergic jewelry.
- If the patient swims regularly he must use a solution to dry up excess water in the ear canal.
- Avoid hot baths or showers as heating in winter can cause dryness of the ear.
- Avoid exposure to air: conditioner.
- Always use mild soaps and skin cleansing products.
Otorine Ear Drops Composition
Plantago Ext. Q: It is given when a patient has a sensitivity of hearing. Noise seems painful to the ears. It is very helpful in the treatment of pain in the ears which is sticking in nature. Pain is sometimes seen associated with nerves. Pain sometimes goes from one ear to the other ears through the head. Pain in the ears sometimes related to toothache. It can be given when a patient has a sharp pain in the eyes along with pain in the ears. This pain can be associated with decayed teeth or may due to inflammation of the middle ear.
Chamomilla Ext. Q: It is given when a patient has a ringing in the ears. It is given when a patient has pain in the ears with soreness. He feels swelling and heat because of which the patient becomes mad. Pain is stitching in nature. He feels as ears feel obstructed.
Calendula Ext. Q: It is a very good remedy for deafness which is worse in damp surroundings. It also cures eczematous condition of the ears. He hears best on a train and sounds which come from a distance.
Belladonna Q: It is given when a patient has tearing pain in the middle and external ear. It cures when the patient feels a humming noise in the ears. It cures infection of the ear when the tympanic membrane bulges and injected. It is a very good remedy for mumps with swelling of parotid glands. The patient has sensitive to loud noises. It is a very good remedy for otitis media. The child cries out in sleep. He feels throbbing and beating pain deep to ears which is synchronous with the heartbeat. It is a very good remedy for acute and sub: acute conditions of the Eustachian tube. It also cures a condition when a patient hears one’s own voice in the ear.
Mullein Q: It helps when wax, water, or other discharge accumulates in the ear. It is a very good remedy which gives relief from ear pain.
Otorine Ear Drops are useful in curing hemorrhoids, eczema, and wounds.
Otorine Ear Drops Important Therapeutic Uses
- Acute and Chronic otitis media.
- Involvement of eustachian tube due to common cold or tonsilitis.
- Pain in-ear due to impacted wax.
- Dryness of inner ear.
Otorine Ear Drops Dosage
- This is an ear drop.
- 3 to 5 drops to be instilled 3 times daily. or as prescribed by the physician.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side: effects and Suggestions
It has no known side: effect.
It has no known drug interaction.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.