SBL Tonsilat Tablets, a product of SBL which consists of a combination of well-proven drugs on Homeopathy. The main indication of medicine is Tonsillitis.
Table of Contents
- Brand/Manufacturer: SBL
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Tonsillitis
- Presentation: 25 gms and 450 gms. Each tablet is 250 mg.
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
SBL Tonsilat Tablets Composition
Mercurius Biniodatus 6x: It is a remedy that is given when tonsils, uvula, and pharynx red and congested. It is given when tonsils are slightly swollen with Stiffness of muscles of throat and neck. It is very important to remedy when a patient has left side complaints. It is given when a patient has marked glandular swelling. It is very beneficial when given in the early stages of cold especially in children.
It is a very good remedy for coryza with difficulty in hearing. It is very important to remedy diphtheria with enlargement of glands. It treats when a patient has a dark red throat, particularly the left side. A patient has a cough from an elongated uvula. It cures stiffness in the muscles of the throat and neck.
Belladonna 6x: It is suited to a person who lives in his own world. He has various kinds of hallucinations, in which he sees monsters and other imaginary faces. He has various kinds of delirium. He feels frightful, sees images, furious in which he strikes, and his desire to escape. The throat complaint is worse on the right side. The throat is red in color. It is a very good remedy for tonsillitis with a feeling of constriction. He has difficulty in swallowing. It cures the sensation of a lump. It cures spasms in the throat. He feels worse from touch, noise, in the afternoon. He feels better in a semi-erect position. It is given when tonsils are inflamed and enlarged. Throat feels constricted with difficulty in swallowing. It cures spasms and dryness of the throat.
Kali Muriaticum 6x: It is given when a patient has a headache with vomiting. It is given when a patient has inflamed tonsils. Tonsils are enlarged so much, that patient has difficulty in breathing. It also cures hospital sore throat. It also cures when the Eustachian tube is affected. It is given when a patient has follicular tonsillitis and the middle ear is affected. It also cures when patient glands are swollen around the ears.
Ferrum Phosphoricum 6x: It is given to a patient who is pale and anemic. It is given when the patient mouth is hot with redness and inflammation of the throat. It cures ulcerated sore throat. It is a very good remedy for tonsillitis with inflammation of the Eustachian tube. It is given after surgery of the throat and nose to control bleeding and to relieve soreness.
On waking, the throat feels swollen and stiff. Swallowing painful. Feeling of lump on swallowing. Inflammation of palate, tonsils, and pharynx, with dryness, redness, and pain. Increases hemoglobin.
Baryta Carbonica 12x: It is given to a person who suffers from loss of memory, with mental confusion. He losses confidence in himself. It is given when the patient takes a cold very easily. He has stitching pain. It cures tonsils that are inflamed, which is worse from empty swallowing. He can only swallow liquids. Throat problems are worse after over use of voice. Sore throat. Enlarged tonsils. Glands are around-ear painful and swollen. Suppurating tonsils. in equal proportions. Excipients q.s. to 1 tablet of 250mg.
SBL Tonsilat Tablets Benefits
- It makes our immune system strong.
- It prevents any infection in the body.
- It acts as a rejuvenator for the body.
- It increases the growth of new healthy cells in the body.
- It is a very important remedy for cough, cold, and flu.
- It is a very effective remedy for respiratory infections like asthma, bronchitis, tuberculosis, congestion of the chest, chronic cough resulting from mucus in the chest.
- It helps in reducing mucus from the chest.
- It gives relief and helps in breathing more easily.
SBL Tonsilat Tablets Important Therapeutic Uses
- Sore throat
What is Tonsillitis?
In simple terms, Tonsillitis is swelling of the tonsils. It is more commonly seen in children. Tonsils are lymph nodes that are present in the back of the mouth and top of the throat.
The function of tonsils– They act as a defense system of the body. They help to filter out bacteria and other germs to prevent infection in the body. It is a very common condition that can occur at any age. But it is more common in children and young adults. It is more commonly occur by a virus and symptoms are like a cold. It includes a runny nose, cough, and sore eyes. The bacteria which causes the infection is streptococcus. This is commonly known as “strep” throat.
- Bad breath is also seen in this condition
- Change in the voice is common, hoarseness of voice
- Difficulty in breathing It is seen when tonsils are very large
- Difficulty in eating or drinking
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Fever and chills
- Nausea and vomiting are seen in children
- Pain in ears
- Pain in the stomach is seen in some individual
- The patient feels pain and tenderness of the jaw and throat
- Sore throat which is longer than 48 hours Sore throat may be very severe
- Stiffness of neck
- Tonsils may be red and white spots can be seen on them
Tips to get relief from tonsilitis
- Do not share toothbrushes of a patient.
- Drink an adequate amount of fluids which should be warm. Try to drink bland fluids that do not contain any flavor.
- Eat soft foods that are easy to swallow.
- Gargling is very good. Gargle with warm saltwater.
- Keep eating and drinking utensils separate from others.
- Take plenty of rest.
- Try to avoid close spaces. Try to avoid infected patients.
- Washing hands is very helpful.
- When a child has excess drooling.
- Fever is more than 101-degree Fahrenheit or more than 38.3-degree celsius.
- If pus is seen in the back of the throat.
- If a red rash is seen on a body that feels rough. Along with this patient has increased redness in the skin folds.
- A patient has difficulty in swallowing and breathing.
SBL Tonsilat Tablets Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is
- Children: 1 tablet every 3 hours.
- Adults: 2 tablets every 3-4 hours.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on an empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic, etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- In case white globules have turned yellow, or sediments appear in the liquid form of medicine, do not take.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
Keep the SBL Tonsilat Tablets medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.