SBL Scalptone is a Homeopathic remedy for scalp and hair care. It helps to improve the condition of hair. Hair problems are very common now a day. Patients who suffer from hair loss generally do not suffer from physicians and they start dietary supplements without consultation in hope that it will help.
Table of Contents
Hair Loss Reasons
It is seen that nutritional deficiency plays a major role in the health of hair. It has a role in hair structure and hair growth. Hair loss is seen in 50% of men and women. It should be kept in mind that over-supplementation of dietary supplements can be actually harmful to hair. Over supplementation of selenium, Vitamin A and Vitamin E can also cause hair loss.
Iron deficiency is the most common cause of hair loss. The exact mechanism of how iron helps in hair growth is not known, but it is seen that iron deficiency may contribute to hair loss. It is also seen that multiple genes that are known to be associated with hair growth are regulated by iron. Iron deficiency is seen in premenopausal women with increase blood loss. It is also seen in postmenopausal women. Iron deficiency is also seen in patients with celiac disease, achlorhydria (lack of Hydrochloric acid), or the use of H2 blockers. It can be seen by birth.
Hair problems can be seen after any disease like malabsorption syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease. This can also be seen after gastric bypass surgery. Can be seen cancer. Liver or kidney dysfunction. Alcohol abuse may also cause zinc deficiency.
Zinc is an essential mineral that is required by hundreds of enzymes. Zinc is very important in protein synthesis and cell division.
Symptoms of zinc deficiency:
- Immunity defects
- Delayed wound healing.
- Abnormalities in taste and smell
- Brittle hairs.
It is seen that patients who have hair loss can be improved by the use of zinc supplementation.
Pellagra is a disease condition that occurs as a result of niacin deficiency. Deficiency of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids linoleic acid and alpha: linolenic acid can cause loss of scalp hair and eyebrows. It also causes the lightening of hair. So, it is seen that the addition of arachidonic acid, which is an omega: 6 fatty acids, may promote hair growth by enhancing follicle proliferation.
Selenium is a trace element that is very necessary for protection from oxidative damage of the body as well as hair follicle morphogenesis. Selenium is very useful in the treatment of sparse hair growth.
Cause: In places of low selenium soil content, HIV, malabsorption disorder.
But excess selenium supplementation may result in toxicity which is associated with generalized hair loss, blistering skin lesions, memory difficulties, and gastrointestinal symptoms.
Vitamin D is a very important role in hair follicle cycling. Vitamin D deficiency cause hair loss.
Cause of vitamin D deficiency: Inadequate sun exposure, dark skin, gastric obesity, gastric bypass, and fat malabsorption.
Vitamin A: It consists of retinol, retinoic acid, and provitamin A carotenoids.
Hypervitaminosis A (excess vitamin A due to over-supplementation) causes loss of hair.
Vitamin E: includes Tocotrienols and tocopherols. Deficiency may result in hemolytic anemias, disturbance in nerve function, and skin dryness.
Over supplementation may result in hypervitaminosis E. Symptoms include bleeding, decrease thyroid hormone production, and has an adverse effect on hair growth.
Biotin: vitamin H. It acts as a cofactor for the carboxylation enzyme. Deficiency cause symptoms like Skin rash, alopecia, and conjunctivitis. Patchy alopecia is seen where the patient has loss of hairs from selected areas.
Protein malnutrition-related diseases like kwashiorkor and marasmus can also result in hair changes which include hair thinning and hair loss.
Dandruff / Seborrhoeic dermatitis:
Other names: seborrhoeic eczema, seborrhoeic psoriasis, and in infants it’s often called cradle cap.
It is a form of skin inflammation that occurs on the scalp, face, or torso. This can also occur in areas that naturally produce an oily substance known as sebum.
It is an immune reaction to a fungal microbe called Malassezia. This microbe is present in oil-producing areas of the body, but some people develop an immune reaction to Malassezia.
- Brand/Manufacturer: SBL
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Hair problems
- Presentation: Bottles of 25 gms, containing 250 tablets of 100 mg, each.
- Price of SBL Scalptone: Price: Rs. 125.
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side effects: No known side effects
SBL Scalptone Composition
Acidum fluoric 6x: It is a very important remedy for alopecia. The pressure is felt on the sides of the head from within outward. It is a very good remedy for a condition where there is the destruction of the bones. It is known as caries. It can be given to old age or prematurely aged individuals with weak and distended blood vessels. It is suited to a person who has no feeling for those who loved them most. He is unable in realizing his responsibility.
Acidum phosphoricum 3x: This remedy should be given to a person who is very weak. A patient has bad effects of acute disease, grief, and loss of vital fluids. It is suited to a person who has a weak memory. He cannot collect thoughts or find the right word. It is a very good remedy for those patients who have early greying of hair. It is also given for falling of hairs. This remedy cures the condition where hair thins and falls out.
Natrum muriaticum 3x: It is given to a person who has ill effects of grief, fright, anger. He is depressed because of a disease of a longer duration. It is suited to female, who does not want consolation. She wants to be alone to cry. It affects hair follicles and is a very good remedy for alopecia. A patient has greasy skin. It is a very good remedy when a patient has sensitiveness of the scalp with falling out of hair.
Calcarea phosphorica 3x: It is a very good remedy for anemia which is seen after acute disease. It can also be given to anemic children who are flabby, has cold hands and feet, and weak digestion. It cures when a patient has a hothead with smarting in the root of hairs. It cures itching on the scalp.
Badiaga 3x: It is given to a person who has blueness under the eyes. It cures dandruff with soreness of the scalp. It has dry tetter like eruptions. It cures dryness itching of the scalp.
SBL Scalptone Benefits
- It helps in strengthening the roots of the hair. It also increases hair density.
- It keeps the scalp healthy and well cared for hair growth.
- It helps to make hair shine.
- If taken regularly it stimulates the active phase of a hair growth cycle.
SBL Scalptone Important Therapeutic Uses
- It prevents excessive hair loss and premature greying.
- It is helpful in itching, irritation, and dryness of the scalp. It is useful when a patient has to thin and splitting of hair.
- It is a good remedy for dandruff
SBL Scalptone Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
- Adults: 4 tablets, 4: 6 times daily.
- Children: Half of the adult’s dose.
- For best results use SBL’s hair oil and shampoo along with Scalptone tablets.
- It helps in improving circulation and helps in the absorption of minerals required for the growth of hair.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- It has no known side effects.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on an empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic, etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- In case white globules have turned yellow, or sediments appear in the liquid form of medicine, do not take.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.