Table of Contents
Schwabe Alpha-CF tablets are indicated to treat influenza flu-like symptoms like cold, cough, headache, and body ache. It is helpful in the treatment of symptoms like profuse watery discharge, headache, and sneezing. All these symptoms come under a condition known as acute coryza It also treats fever-related symptoms like pain, vomiting, and nausea.
Schwabe Alpha-CF tablets is a remedy which is a mixture of various medicine and is available in tablet form. It controls profuse expectoration of thin watery discharge. It cures coryza with an irritative cough. Its helps to overcome physical and mental restlessness and feeling of weakness. It gives a sense of well-being.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Schwabe
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: influenza flu-like symptoms
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Schwabe Alpha-CF tablets Composition
Each Schwabe Alpha-CF for 250mg contains:
Aconitum napellus 3x 25 mg- It is given to a person who is always in a state of fear and anxiety in mind. He is in physical and mental restlessness. It is given when complaints occur as a result of exposure to dry, cold weather, after checked sweat. Complaints occur as a result of very hot weather. Patient fears death. He believes that he will soon die. He often predicts the date of his death. It is a very useful remedy for hoarse, dry cough. It is often given bronchitis. The patient has loud, difficult breathing. It is a very good remedy for pneumonia. The patient feels constant pressure in the left chest. It is given when the cough is dry, short, and hacking. Cough is worse at night and after midnight. It is a very good remedy when blood comes up with hawking.
Bryonia alba 3x 25 mg- It is given to a person who is irritable. He does not involve in any kind of humor. He always talks of business. It is a very good remedy for physical weakness. The patient has a complete lack of feeling. It is given to a person who is robust. He had firm muscle fiber and has a dark complexion. It is a good remedy for hoarseness which is worse in the open air. The cough is dry at night. It is so severe that he must spit-up. Cough is worse after eating or drinking. He has a frequent desire to take a long breath. It is a very good remedy for difficult and quick respiration. The patient is worse from every movement. It is given when the patient complains of pain in every muscle. It is a very good remedy for rheumatic pains and swellings, splitting headache. Headache is worse on the motion. This pain often spreads to the eyeballs. with dryness of mouth, tongue, and throat. The patient has excessive thirst as a result of dryness.
Eupatorium perfoliatum 1x 25 mg It is given for bone pain. This bone pain is severe. IT is a very good remedy for coryza with sneezing. The patient has hoarseness and cough with soreness in the chest. He must support the chest. It is a very good remedy for influenza with great soreness of muscles and bones. It is given for chronic loose cough (for long duration), with soreness chest. A patient has a cough that is worse at night. Cough is better by getting on hands and knees. It is indicated in all fever conditions with symptoms like influenza, headache, bone-pain, coryza with sneezing. Fever is associated with thirst.
Gelsemium semp 3x 25 mg It is given to a person who has a desire to be quiet. He wants to be alone. He does not care about his own illness. He has no fear. He has complaints when he has emotional disturbance like fear, fright, and by listening excitement news. A patient has slow breathing with weakness. It is given for dry cough with fluent coryza. It is given for muscular weakness, vertigo with the heaviness of the head. It also cures pain in the back of the head with feeling as if there is a tight band around the head. It cures dull headache with the heaviness of eyelids, sneezing, fullness at the nose. It cures watery discharge of the nose with headache.
Ipecacuanha 3x 25 mg It is indicated when a patient has persistent nausea and vomiting. It is given to fat children and adults who are feeble and catch a cold easily It is given for coryza with obstruction of nose and nausea. It is given for difficulty in respiration with a sense of constriction in the chest. A patient has continuous sneezing with coryza. It is a very good remedy for bronchitis when a patient has a cough that is incessant and violent. A patient has difficulty in taking out phlegm. It also cures coryza with a stoppage of the nose. It cures sneezing and nausea.
Phosphorus 6x 25 mg It is given when a patient has hoarseness which is worse in the evenings. It is also for laryngitis when a patient has severe pain in the larynx. It also cures loss of voice which is worse in the evening. He cannot talk as he has pain in the larynx. Cough occurs as a result of tickling in the throat. This is worse from exposure to cold. It is important to remedy influenza with fever which is relapsing in nature. It cures a stuffy nose with tightness across the chest. It is indicated when a patient has thick mucus.
Eucalyptus globulus 2x 10 mg It is given when a patient has a stuffing of the nose with thin, watery coryza. It is given when the nose does not stop running. It is given when a patient has coryza which is of longer duration and release of pus discharge
Excipients Q.S. to make 250 mg
Schwabe Alpha-CF tablets Important Therapeutic Uses
It gives temporary relief to symptoms like fever, chills, sneezing, stuffed-up nose, coughing, sore throat, headache pain during flu.
Influenza is a respiratory illness which is caused by influenza viruses. This mainly attacks the respiratory system which includes the nose, throat and if the disease is of longer duration it can also have an effect on the lungs.
Symptoms of flu
- Muscle or body aches
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Very tired feeling
Vomiting and diarrhea are seen more commonly in young children.
Spread of flu
It is spread through tiny droplets when a patient of flu cough, sneeze or talk in the open air. When patients do not take care of sneezing and coughing and sneeze in the open air the droplets of infection can land on the mouths or noses of people who are very close to them.
Flu can also spread when a person touches a surface or object that has flu virus on it and touch their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
The time period to which flu can spread-
Flu can be spread in the first 3-4 days after their illness begins. Patients can also infect others one day before the beginning of flu up to 5-7 days after becoming sick.
It is seen that flu in young children and patients of low immunity can infect others for a longer time.
When symptoms begin-
The time period when the flu virus infects an individual to the time when symptoms appear is about 1-4 days. The average time is about 2 days.
Complications of flu
- Congestive heart failure.
- Ear infections
- Sinus infections
People who are at higher risk
- Old people- 65 years of age.
- Patients who have medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, or heart disease.
- Pregnant women
- Young children
Steps to prevent flu
- Cover mouth during coughing and sneezing.
- Frequent hand washing during flu.
- To get a flu vaccination each year.
- To stay away from those people who are sick.
Difference between influenza and cold
- In influenza symptoms occur suddenly but in cold symptoms occur gradually.
- Fever in influenza lasts for 3-4 days, but in cold, no fever is seen.
- Pain in muscles in influenza is severe but there is no pain in muscles in cold.
- Fatigue and weakness are usual in influenza. But fatigue is seen sometimes.
- Sneezing, stuffy nose, and sore throat are common in cold.
- Mild to moderate cough is seen in the cold.
- Headache is seen commonly in influenza.
- Emergency signs in flu
- Fast breathing
- Trouble breathing
- Bluish skin color
- Not drinking enough liquids
- Not alert
- Not conversing with others.
- Sometimes fever with a rash is seen
- Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough.
- Difficult breathing
- Shortness of breathing.
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen.
- Severe or continuous vomiting.
- When an infant is unable to eat.
- Difficulty breathing.
- When an infant has no tears when crying.
- Fewer diapers are used than normal.
Preventive measures for Influenza
Stay home when you are sick- It will help to prevent infections to others. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Cover nose and mouth by use of tissue of handkerchief when patient cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away after use and wash your hands.
- If tissue is not available cover mouth and nose with sleeve. Do not use your hand.
- Wash hands often with soap and water when a patient coughs or sneezes.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects.
Schwabe Alpha-CF tablets Dosage
Direction- Place tablet under the tongue and let dissolve slowly.
It gives the best result when taken at least 15 minutes before and a half-hour after eating, brushing teeth, or drinking anything except water.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician, at acute stage take 1 tablet every hour up to 12 tablets daily and subsequently 1 to 2 tablets, 3 times per day over an extended period of time. If complaints are not relieved, consult a specialist.
Children under 2:
Ask a doctor.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- If severe symptoms like high fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, and rash persist for more than 2 days then consult a physician.
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before use of this medicine.
- Women who do breastfeeding should consult a doctor before using this medicine.
- Schwabe Alpha-CF Tablets has no known side-effect.
- Schwabe Alpha-CF Tablets has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably on an empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong-smelling food items such as onion, garlic, etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- In case white globules have turned yellow, or sediments appear in the liquid form of medicine, do not take.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
During homeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol, etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.