Himalaya Kapikachhu Capsules is pure herb extract of Cowhage or Mucuna pruriens.
Kapikachhu or Kevanch or Kaunch refers to seeds of Mucuna pruriens, an extensive climbing plant found almost all over the country. It is also known as Kapikacchu, Markati, Kewanch, Kaunch, and Cowhage. The main constituent of Kaunch seeds are Fixed Oil, Alkaloid and 3, 4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine. It is Hot in potency. It is Madhura, Tikta (Ras), Guru, Snigdha (Guna) and Madhur Vipak. In Ayurveda, it is used in the treatment of a variety of diseases including Vata-Vikar, debility and nerves weakness.
Mucuna is a good source for the production of L-dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine). L-DOPA is a direct precursor to dopamine, and its supplementation can increase dopamine levels in the body. L-Dopa has been considered one of the most effective treatments of Parkinson’s disease available.
Mucuna seed is especially used to improve sexual function and the quality of semen in infertile men. It improves male fertility by its action on the hypothalamus, pituitary and gonadal axis. It reduces stress. Mucuna seed powder helps to fight stress-mediated poor semen quality and acts as a restorative and invigorator tonic or aphrodisiac.
Kaunch is indicated in male disorders to treat oligospermia, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low libido, and impotence due to its aphrodisiac, spermatogenetic, retentive, Tonic, laxative, and stress-reducing properties. Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer / Brand: Himalaya Drug Company
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Pure Herb extract of (Cowhage/Mucuna pruriens
- Main Indication: Sexual problems of males
- Dhatu (tissue): All tissues, especially nerve, reproductive
- Srotas (channel): Nervous, reproductive, digestive
- MRP/Price: Himalaya Kapikachhu 60 Capsules @ MRP 135.00
Ingredients of Himalaya Kapikachhu Capsules
Each capsule contains Kapikachhu (Mucuna pruriens) seed extract – 250 mg.
Ayurvedic Properties and Action / Karma
The fruits of Atma Gupta are heavy, hot, unctuous, sweet, aphrodisiac, strength promoting and a nourishing. They are excellent alleviators of Vayu.
- Rasa (taste): Madhur/Sweet, Tikta/Bitter
- Virya (energy): Hot
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Sweet
- Guna (quality): Heavy, unctuous
- Dosha effect: Reduces Vata and Pitta BUT increases Kapha
Kaunch is a Madhur Vipak herb. Madhur-Vipak digests into sweet. It has a building, moistening and a nourishing effect on the body.
ACTION / KARMA
- Balya: Promotes energy
- Medhya: Enhances the intellect
- Pachana: Digestive
- Vajikarana: Aphrodisiac
- Vrishya: Improves sexual vitality
- Vatashamana: Pacifies aggravations of vata
- Analgesic: Relieve pain.
- Anthelmintic: Expel parasitic worms (helminths) and other internal parasites from the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Anti-parkinsonism: Treat and relieve the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Antispasmodic: Used to relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Carminative: Preventing the formation or causing the expulsion of flatulence.
- Laxative: Tending to stimulate or facilitate the evacuation of the bowels.
- Nervine: calm the nerves.
- Spermatogenic: Promotes Spermatogenesis, the process in which spermatozoa are produced from spermatogonial stem cells by way of mitosis and meiosis.
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Benefits of Himalaya Kapikachhu Capsules
- It is an aphrodisiac.
- It helps in the management of male sexual disorders.
- It is a tonic to the whole Shukra Dhatu and treats low libido, infertility, impotence, spermatorrhoea,
- premature ejaculation.
- It contains L-dopa, which increases mood and sexual performance.
- It improves sperm count and motility.
- It improves semen quality by preventing cellular oxidative stress, supporting sperm production, and maintaining healthy semen balance.
- It prevents damage to sperm caused by free radicals, stress or age.
- It improves the antioxidant defense system of sperm.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Himalaya Kapikachhu Capsules
- As an adjuvant in Parkinson’s disease
- As an aphrodisiac
- Loss of libido, erectile dysfunctions, night emission, premature ejaculation,
- Paralysis, spasms, twitching and cramps, all Vata disorders in Majja Dhatu
- Spermatorrhoea and oligospermia (low sperm count)
- Sperm related disorders
The Dosage of Himalaya Kapikachhu Capsules
- The recommended dosage of medicine is a 1-2 capsule.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It can be taken with milk or water.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Not recommended for children.
- Expectant and nursing mothers should not use any preparations of Kaunch seed.
- Consult the doctor in case of Diabetes and Hypertension.
- Specific contraindications have not been identified.
- Avoid in High Ama, congestion and acute conditions.
- It increases the effect of levodopa.
- It should be taken with milk and honey to add to its restorative effects.
- The use of Mucuna pruriens for a prolonged period causes weight loss.
- Few people may suffer from diarrhea which if not controlled with dietary changes and normal medication may require discontinuation of Kapikacchu intake.
- Spicy, dry, sour and stimulant food items and emotional outbursts should be avoided during medication with Kapikacchu.
- Health risks or side effects following the proper administration of designated therapeutic dosages are not recorded.