Good digestion power is very essential for good health. Our the whole body is dependent on this for proper functioning. In digestion is impaired then it results in various diseases as toxins get accumulated inside the body. For example in Ayurveda it is said due to toxins or Ama in the body a person can suffer from condition of Rheumatoid arthritis or Amavata. Ama is term used for toxic product formed due to indigestion.
If we have good healthy digestion then we can prevent various diseases and improve our body functioning.
Here are few tips that help to improve digestive power
- Do not drink water before the meals as it suppress the power of digestion.
- Drink small amount of water throughout the day. Avoid drinking too much water at a time. This hampers digestion.
- Avoid drinking water immediately after having meal. Try to drink lukewarm water in every season.
- Take one teaspoon ginger juice with pitch of rock salt before the meals. Ginger is helpful in curing constipation, indigestion and abdominal pain. This combination is appetiser and laxative.
- Include desi ghee in the diet which is helpful in improving digestive power.
- Swallow only after proper chewing which ensure proper grinding of food and better mixing with salivary enzymes that aid in digestion.
- Include curd with roasted cumin power in meals. Cumin powder is helpful in adding digestion.